Grabbing Chances

Out of a Dream

 

I don't think he remembers me. After that encounter in the music hall, he has been a constant bug on my mind. Before him, I would have been in the laboratory killing time or yes, the music hall when I am in the mood to visit Suho instead of asking him to come over. Now, I frequented the music hall. Whenever time permits, my feet drag me to that place. 

 


 

It puzzled Suho how willing I was to get out of my comfort zone and be the one to visit him instead. I gave in and told him I liked this particular someone from the Music department.
 
 
"Not me again.." he smirked.
 
"It's really not you, silly," and I ruffled my hand through his hair. "It's him." and I pointed to the tall guys who just walked out of one of the rooms with the short guy who sang to his tunes. trailing behind them was the wide-eyed guy. I fixed my eyes on the tall one.
 
 
"PARK CHANYEOL?" 
 
 
"Who is Park Chanyeol?"
 
 
"The tall guy with huge ears. Next to him is Byun Baekhyun., and trailing behind them is Do Kyungsoo. They're just the perfect trio." Suho says as we follow their movements with our gazes. They were headed for the cafeteria. Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughing and Kyungsoo sending them death glares perhaps for them being too childish but he laughs and joins in the fun later on.
 
 
"Suho, I'm hungry. Let's grab lunch." I asked him with a bright smile on my face and dragged him into the cafeteria.
 
 
 
"I don't think you're here for just lunch.." Suho grunted.
 
 

 

 

The music hall was pretty much open to everyone in the campus. It feels like a place of freedom and bliss. It has become my new safe haven. I was never a loner but in this place, it was okay to be in solitude. Me and my thoughts drift away with the serenity of the place. I never mind if Suho is running late for our meetings or if he ditches me.

 

I stationed my self near that room. Close enough to hear their music playing but far enough so he won't see. Like a creepy stalker, I do this almost everyday.

 

Chanyeol's guitar skills and Baekhyun's voice. It's just a perfect harmony. Sometimes I wish I could be in Baekhyun's shoes. He's with Chanyeol everyday. They're best buds or so I heard. Their relationship makes me think twice if Chanyeol is straight. there are rumors around the music hall about them.

 

NOOOOOO. Chanyeol is straight. That's what I want to believe. That's what I believe. I never see them kiss or anything. People are just imaginative. 

 

The semester is coming to an end, and all I got to do was watch him from afar. I watched their recitals, musicals, everything that Chanyeol had to offfer but still, he didn't notice me. I thought he would remember me but he did not.

 


 

"Suho, I want to enrol myself in a music class.. I want to know Chanyeol more.. beyond the strums on his guitar." I told Suho as I stared into Chanyeol as he performed during their recital. Suho dropped his jaws open and gave the are you kidding look. I gave him the puppy dog look for conviction.

 

Seeing Suho's reaction made me shrug the idea off and put it away in a box where no one else would be able to use or see it.

 


 

Suho asked me to accompany him for another recital one day. I was reluctant at first since Chanyeol's was already over, it served me no purpose but since Suho was a stubborn kid, I agreed. I guess that's how bestfriends are. You always end up giving in to each other because at the end of the day, you only got each other.

 

"Hye Mi!!!!!" Suho shouts in glee as he waves hsi free hand. The other was clutched on to his boyfreind Tao.

 

Suho is gay. That's a fact. He's been my best bud for so long and my parent's don't mind it when I am with him since they knew he was never interested in me and besides he makes such a good . So good that no one ever courted me. Now that he's happy with a boyfriend, I hope he'd stop being the in my life.

 

"Where do we regsiter or something? There's no sign of an event." I asked Suho puzzled with the quiet atmosphere.

 

" I have a surprise for youuuu." Suho almost sang that line while clinging onto Tao more. "So how does a Music class with Chanyeol sound to you?"

 

My pupils dilated. "YOU! STAHHHHHP."  and I pushed Suho away. Suho signaled for Tao to leave, and seals it with a peck on the other guy's lips. I'm already used to this stuff.

 

Apparently, Suho took my wordsto heart. He had connections. He asked a couple of his friends who happened to be close to Chanyeol about his classes for the next semester. Suho found a subject that we could both enrol in. 

 

Now everything makes sense.

 

Suho had a surprise and that was why he was always trying to avoid me. I spent a lot of days in solitude in the music hall and I wondered if I had made Suho upset. One day, he just blurted out..

"I really want you to be happy.. you deserve to be happy.." and smiled. I thought it was jsut one of his guilty speeches since he broke my heart a few years ago with the news that he is actually gay. I was about to cut his little speech since I have moved on years ago as well but he continued. " I have to go now.." 

 

That statement puzzled me for days. I thought he was trying to be deep and was teling me he's better off without me.. but now, I know where he was the whole time.. bonding with his music major friends to fish juicy details for me. I could not ask for a better bestfriend than him.

 


 

Tomorrow is the first day of the music class and I cannot sleep.