Chapter 9

Mistress

 

Eun Sang closes her eyes tightly as she see's Rachel bring her hand up one more time to slap her… But the slap never came.

Young Do had just walked in and witness his sister give a loud, crackling slap to Eun Sang's face. And just in the nick of time, he was able to calmly grab Rachel's arm before anything else could happen. Rachel turnsed around wide-eyed and furious upon feeling a firm strong grasp around her wrist. She felt even more rage boil up in her the moment she realized it was Young Do. Rachel then instantaneously and roughly pulled her wrist away from his hold. And then upon her actions, Young Do then loosened his grip too, and swiftly pulled Eun Sang behind him and away from Rachel, almost as if we were trying to protect her. 

"Choi Young Do. Brother." Rachel seeths angrily.

"What? Do you think I'm scared of you sister? Are you going to give me a pathetic slap to? “Young Do chuckles mischievously but then abruptly stopps, and looks straight into Rachel's eyes. His vast change in emotion was almost terrifying. The two stare at each other for what felt like hours until Young Do leans forward and sternly but quietly whispersinto Rachels ear "And I thought I told you to stay out of my business."

"뭐야, 이게. Mwuh-ya, yi-gae. What the hell, I was in the middle of doing something important." Rachel responds with a tight, straight face."But brother do you actually think you scare me? 

"Rachel. 잡소리. Jabsoli. Cut the crap. How is slapping and hurting someone important? You're a deceitful and wicked person Rachel.I know you too well. You always have a reason behind anything you do, so there must be a reason as to why you've brought Eun Sang here. Sister, I will always be one step ahead of you. So just tell me, why did you bring Eun Sang here?" Young Do asks once again, but with more fury. 

"Young Do, I was only taking caring of my own business. So stay out of my business, just like how I'm staying out of your's, just like I promised.  I only take care of my own business, and you know that." 

"You're missing the point here Rachel,since when has Cha Eun Sang ever become part of your business? Last time I checked, you could care less about her." Young Do sharply responds, and then turns towards the unusually quite Bo Na who was standing by the door. "Also I never knew you and Bo Na were friends. However, I do know that Bo Na despises Eun Sang. So whatever you two are scheming, cannot be good." Young Do smiles grimly "Give it up Rachel. Just tell me what you’re trying to do to Eun Sang. Are you going to hurt her? Because if you lay one finger on her I will ki-" 

"Why does this always have to be about Eun Sang?! What has she done to you? Why is she the only thing you care about? Is everyone else just nothing to you now? Do you still remember the people you had before Eun Sang? Do you? Because, if you do remember, you should know that all those people are better than her. She is nothing but bad Young Do. She's ruining everything in Jeguk, she's ruining our lives. She is nothing. " Rachel cuts him short rather angrily and nearly loses her temper. "Don't even think about defending her right now Young Do, because I am so done with the both of you. And brother, by the time you lose those you love most, it'll be too late." She takes a few steps closer to Eun Sang who is sulking behind Young Do. She stares directly into the terrified girl’s eyes with disgust and hate. She then looks up towards Young Do, there faces only a few inches apart, and then continues in a much more calm and composed voice "It really doesn't surprise me that you haven't even noticed or questioned about the girl on the hospital bed.You're just to infatuated with that . Your actions speak for you, so stop making up excuses." Rachel then steps back again, but this time she roughly walks past Young Do, purposely bumping into him. She stops to give Eun Sang one last stare, and proceeds to walk out the door with Bo Na. 

Young Do soaks in the words Rachel just said. The girl on the hospital bed. Was this girl supposedly a significant figure in his life? Why had Rachel suddenly brought her up. He started to bombard himself with questions. Curiosity overwhelmed him, and slowly, one foot at a time, he started to place one foot in front of the other, making his way toward the bed. He heard Eun Sang quietly follow behind him, but waved his hand to her as a signal to stop. He needed his privacy. Her footsteps stopped and he proceeded to walk. Upon reaching the bed, he felt his heart skip a beat as shock rushed through his body. 

"Ae Cha?" He asked worridly, but was ultimatley met with silence. He slowly sat down in the seat next to the bed. Young Do sighed in defeat after not being able to awake his beloved, but nevertheless continued "Ae Cha? Baby. How have you been recently? Oppa hasn't been able to see you recently.I really missed you but what happened to your head you clumsy little girl?" For once, Young Do laughed with a little with joy as he brushed her hair back, and examined her head injury with gentle care." Do you know how worried I was about you last night? You just suddenly hung up on me, even though I missed your voice so much. I really am a terrible person aren't I? Those girls at school were right. Rachel was right. I am an . How could a boyfriend ignore his girlfriend for weeks and then suddenly miss his one chance to get her back? Do you understand how badly I wanted to see you last night? How badly I wanted to wrap my arms around you? How badly I wanted to kiss you? 정말 미안 해, jeongmal mianhae. I really am so sorry. I know you were probably really hurt by me, but oppa, never had any of those intentions. Things have just been so dramatic, and you seem to be taking it the worst.Myungsoo and Bo Na have been telling me about how miserable you've been recently. My heart hurts just at thought of you hurting. I just want to let you know that, I still love you Ae Cha. Even though you can't hear me right now, I still love you so much. I love you more than I can even love myself.That's how much you mean to me.  For these past few weeks, I've been cold towards you only to protect you. I don't want you to get hurt in all this drama with Kim Tan. I love you more than you can even think baby. It's for the best, soon things will be normal again.사랑합니다, saranghae." Young Do leans over her body, and lowers himself over her face and gives her a peck on the lips. And still, Ae Cha does not wake up. With slight disappointment, Young Do stands  up and makes his way towards Eun Sang.

"Eun Sang, please excuse me, I have to use the restroom, stay here and wait for me." Eun Sang nods and Young Do quickly walks out of the room and shuts the door rather loudly. And at that very moment from the loud bang of the door,  Ae Cha starts to stir. Her eyes flutter as she rolls around slightly. She groans a little from the sharp pain in her head, and gently touches the bandage on her wound.

In her light, clear voice Ae Cha calls out "Hello? Is anyone there? Young Do, is that you?" Ae Cha looks around, only to find a nervous looking Cha Eun Sang. Ae Cha's face drops upon seeing the other girl. This girl still had the nerve to see her? This girl, this was the girl as to why she was in the hospital right now. This girl was the reason as to why her fiancée never showed up last night. This girl was the reason as to why nothing was normal anymore. Ae Cha clenches her teeth in anger upon all these thoughts, wondering about how Eun Sang ad arrived here. This thought was immediately answered, by Young Do walking into the room.