Chapter 7

Mistress

In Ae Cha's private hospital room Rachel Yoo and Lee Bo Na are seen sitting together, having a somewhat civil conversation. This was an absolutely rare sight. However, whatever was said in the room between the two would not leave the room afterwards.  

With an exhausted sigh Rachel asks Bo Na a question "Why was she at Zeus Hotel last night in the first place?"

"What do you think. Your beloved step brother and Ae Cha were engaged exactly a week after your engagement with Tan. Everybody knows about their "perfect" relationship in Jeguk. They probably had a date." Bo Na responds almost sarcastically. 

"Bo Na, don't sass me. Learn your place. Do you think I'm stupi-"

"Yes."

"Yah! There's a reason why I dislike you and this is the reason why. Close your loud mouth for just one moment. Please. I was going to talk. " Rachel rolls her eyes and continues "Anyways, I was only curious because Young Do told me he was going somewhere last night."

"That somewhere should've been to Zeus Hotel for his date with Ae Cha" Bo Na pauses to look at Ae Cha lying on the hospital bed. " but obviously wasn't." 

"Exactly getting to my point. Young Do told me he was going to the amusement park."

Confusion is written across Bo Na's face "Alone?" 

"Aniyo, with Cha Eun Sang.''

With a scoff Bo Na respons "I'm not surprised. Ae Cha probably found out and fainted from hearing that information. What does Young Do even see in Eun Sang?"

"He doesn't see anything in her. It's what he see's in Kim Tan." 

"Bwoh? Are you telling me Young Do's gay or something?"

"And you say I'm the stupid one. Andwae. I'm sure you remember. Tan and Young Do used to be best friends. But the week before Tan left for America something happened and they distanced themelves. I'm sure you noticed that to. From then on, everything between them seemed to be a competition."

Upon realising the situation Bo Na finishes Rachel's sentence "And the moment Young Do found out Tan likes Eun Sang, she became part of the competition."

"Huh, ,maybe your not so stupid after all." 

Both girls chuckle slightly and silence takes over. Rachel then quitely stares off into space while Bo Na rests her head on the chair. Both of them were exhausted. The sun was starting to slightly shine in through the window. Both of them hadnt slept for more than three hours the previous night. 

With a sigh Rachel once again reiginites a coversation "I truly did love Tan and I really did think he loved me back." Bo Na looks up at the young woman with uncertainty. "He and I were such good friends before the engagement and even after the engagement. We are always best friends. Always and forever as he would say." Rachel coughs a little and continues "What a lie. What a terrible lie." To Bo Na right now, Rachel's eyes looked empty, hopeless and sad. The strong independant woman she knew, right now was breaking down in front of her. Rachel had always been confident, even after announcing her broken engagement with Kim Tan. "My life seemed so perfect until that trip to America. When I went over to go visit him, I thought he would've still been the same loving person. But he wasnt. He was such a different person. He didnt want to talk to me or look at me or have anything to do with me. I was like a stranger to him. And then I learn about Cha Eun Sang. This girl just casually walked into our lives like nobody's business. It was like he grew up too quickly within those three years." Rachel pauses again to hold back tears."안돼, andwae. Maybe I was just too caught up in our foolish highschool romance. And to think that we would last forever really does sound stupid right now. Maybe I was too childish for him. But I still dont understand how just like that with her presence, I meant nothing to him. The same thing is happening to Young Do and Ae Cha right now. You know Lee Bo Na, I cried myself to sleep that first night in America. I used to think I was his everything. At least he used to be my everything... Mianhe. I'm getting emotional. It's just that sometimes I really wish she didn't exist. Her presence alone is hurting so many people." One lone tear makes its way down Rachels pale, porcelain like skin.

Bo Na is aghast. is hanging open and can only stare at Rachel. Bo Na really did admire Rachel for her strength. Even under all of these circumstances, Rachel had still managed to be a top student, and Bo Na had to admit, this girl had pristine style and flawless makeup. Rachel hadn't wavered one bit on the outside, but on the inside she was like a ticking bomb ready to explode.

After another long period of silence Bo Na leans over towards Rachel and gives her hug. A long hug. A hug that represented Bo Na's compassion and care. Rachel doesn't refute it either.  

Bo Na then leans back  into her seat and without saying anything, takes out her phone and dials a number into her phone.

"Yeobosayeo?"

"Cha Eun Sang meet me at Asan Medical Center in 30 minutes. Private suite, room 207." 

Bo Na doesn't wait a reply and hangs up. She needed to make one more phone call to Choi Young Do. 

"Lee Bo Na, ya, why are you calling me?"

"Asan Medical Center. Meet me here in an hour oppa. I'll text you the room number."

"Why? Are you hur-" Without waiting for him to reply she hangs up and turns towards Rachel. "We are going to show Cha Eun Sang what she has done to Ae Cha. She needs to know that our world and her world are different. Everything is at stake in our world. She needs to understand that."

Rachel nods as a sign of agreement and asks "Then why call Young Do to meet us at a later time then?" 

"I don't want him to be distracted by Eun Sang's presence. He also needs to know what his actions are doing to his fiancee."