Chapter 2

Mistress

 

A group of teenagers, all clad in navy blue uniforms are seen standing in a courtyard. They all gather around Kim Tan and Choi Young Do, waiting for the two to interact. This is the first time in three years since the two young men have come face to face, and it was clear neither wanted to see each other. A smirk spreads across Young Do's face as Tan remains still and silent.

Tan starts the conversation in a chilling, quite voice. "I missed you, chingu.

Young Do responds with the same amount of coldness "Welcome back."

"Can you at least try to sound like you care? I'm not going to do anything right now in front of all of these people."

"You don't belong here anymore Kim Tan. This may be your mothers school, but no one wants you back. 꺼져 gguh-jyuh. Go away."

"Bwoh? Still so immature. Young Do, you still haven't grown up these past couple of years. You can't have everything you want."

"Just like a tiger pretending to be a tiger in the jungle. Kim Tan you do realize I know everything, and that I only have to say two words and you're reputation will be gone."

"You're scaring the kids Young Do."

Their relationship can only be described as tense. The once inseparable bond the two used to share has long vanished, and all that’s left are secrets and lies. Ae Cha, Bo Na, Myung Soo, and Rachel can only stare at the two. They are too tired. All of them. Tired from their parents. Tired from the pressure. Tired from bearing the heavy weight of the crown. This is the last possible thing that could go wrong. 

Meanwhile, near the entrance of the school, Cha Eun Sang enters, only to realize her misplacement in Empire High. The kids surrounding her seem to be bathed in luxury. She was just a common, average girl, nothing special. Her mother was a maid of the Jeguk Group family. And having faced with many harships, Eun Sang has become a strong willed, independent spirit. These rich kids were not going to hold her back.  However, having to already recieve the attention from both Choi Young Do and Kim Tan in two seperate ocassions outside of school, she was bound to be an enemy in the eyes of many girls. As she walks in, her eyes are glued to her phone, messaging Chanyoung. She makes a few turns and subconsciously walks in between Young Do and Tan during their heated conversation. 

All eyes are on her as confusion sets in place.

"Cha Eun Sang?" Rachel calls out slowly and despairingly while recalling events from California. She walks up to her slowly, with a haughty, tight look on her face. "Who do you think you are? What are you doing here?"

"Bwoh? Are you telling me I can;t come to scho-"

"맞아요, majayo. Thats exactly what I'm trying to tell you. You still think you have the right to come back to Korea and come to our school after ruining our engagement? You are nothing but low class filth. Scum. You don’t have a place in this school. 꺼져 gguh-jyuh. Go away."

Eun Sang starts to feel tears well up in her eyes and immediatly starts regretting coming to this school. She truly did feel like filth at that moment. She didn't deserve this kind of treatment from these arrogant, wicked heirs. They were going to destroy her.

"Sister, no need to be so stingy." Young Do smiles cynically at Eun Sang and wraps his arm around his neck. Eun Sangs eyes widen by the sudden skinship, as do Ae Cha's. This action seemingly invokes worry within Ae Cha. Never has  Young Do ever taken interest in another girl other than herself. Rather than rage boiling within her, a sudden rush of nervousness is now present. This Cha Eun Sang girl was a person she needed to look out for.

Upon seeing this and having previous problems with Eun Sang, Bo Na is also fuming by her presence. "You, the witch Chanyoungie is friend’s with. You seem to have a problem with staying out of other people's relationships."

"Excuse me? Lee Bo-."

Bo Na cuts her off rather rudely " First my relationship. Then Rachel's. And now you've moved on to Ae Cha's? Morals so low you have the nerve to stay at the houses of men who already have women in their lives!"

Myung Soo is just at loss for who this Cha Eun Sang girl is, and can only note the wave of hate she receives from the most wicked girls of Jeguk. Never in his life has he seen Ae Cha with so much fear, or Rachel Yoo with so much rage. At this point, he genuinely worries for her well being. 

Silence once again fills the courtyard as they watch Eun Sang cry. Kim Tan is disgusted but not shocked by the treatment and can only pull Eun Sang away from Young Do's arm.

Welcome to Jeguk High.

The four friends walk back inside the building. None of them can register the events from the courtyard. Their once peaceful lives, had just become disturbed. 

After moments of awkardness, Young Do starts the conversation "I like her, she's different."

Myung Soo looks at Young Do with hesitation then at Ae Cha, while Bo Na also stares straight at her best friend. 

Ae Cha stops in the middle of the hallway suddenly."Young Do. 하지마. Don't do this to me."

"Ae Cha, baby, what are you talking about?"

"Don't do this to me Young Do-ah."

"Ya are you jealous of Eun Sang? Lee Ae Cha, your turning into Bo Na. So possesive."

" Choi Young Do, listen to me, I feel threatned."

"Aigoo, the infamous Lee Ae Cha feels threatned by another girl? I thought you were the queen of Jeguk babe."

"Stop it."

He is finally aware of her worry and see's dullness and sadness spread across her face.

As an act of mergers and acquisitions, the two teenagers were engaged the previous year. The same year Kim Tan and Rachel Yoo were engaged. After months of showing no true interest in one another, Ae Cha and Young Do refused to talk to one another. They despised each other. However, upon an incident a few months back, their feelings blossomed. 

"Aish 진짜 chin-cha, you're too cute. He pulls her head to his chest and hugs her. He wraps his arms around her shoulders and rests his chin on the crown of her head. "Can you hear my heartbeat Ae Cha? It's only beating quickly because of you." He slowly leans down towards her face, brushes her hair away gently and studies her face. This girl was the definition of class and beauty. He chuckles at the thought of her previous comments before kissing her lips in one motion with slight passion, nothing too long or too short. It was a light, fluttery kind of kiss, leaving both wanting for more and going deeper. He cups her face as she pulls her arms around his neck. The kiss progresses further and further until she bites his lip slightly and the two finally part. The perfect kiss.

"사랑해 Saranghae oppa."

"Nado saranghae."

After a quick, sweet, smile they part their ways, but Ae Cha simply just can't help but notice the lingering feeling of worry in her stomach.