Confrontations

Testing Times

 

Yoona 's evening just couldn't have gone worse. She had confronted her best friend about her feelings, albeit not saying very much by way of explanation. Then she returned home to find Taeyeon in dire straits over Tiffany's betrayal. But Yoona, being the trooper that she was, managed to juggle both situations with ease as she comforted Tae through the onset of her shock. Yoona 's mind was there, for the most part. She couldn't help but slide a thought or two of Jessica to the front of her consciousness.

For Yoona, her speech to Jessica had been well thought out and planned. She was going to tell Jessica not to marry Yuri because she had feelings for her. What she didn't count on was getting a severe case of butterfly-itis. As she started to answer Jessica 's question of "why?", Yoona was overwhelmed by nervousness and self doubt. Very uncommon for the usually confident outspoken one of the group.

When she glanced up at Jessica 's sweet searching face, she decided to use actions instead of the words that would not come. Yoona kissed Jessica. It was nothing passionately spectacular, but that wasn't the intention. This kiss was meant to convey a very specific message. "I'm kissing you Jess ya dork, THAT is why you can't marry Yuri, I wanna be with you!". And judging by the reaction that she got back from Jessica, the answer was a definitive "oh my god Yoon I had no idea, but I know I wanna kiss you more". At least, that's what Yoona hoped it meant.

Taeyeon pulled herself from Yoona 's comforting snuggle, and went off to Yoona 's bedroom, saying she wanted to lay down by herself for a while, maybe get some sleep. Yoona made sure Tae was okay, saying she was going to go out for a little while to give her some space. Tae squeezed Yoona 's hand in gratitude and curled up on the bed as Yoona tucked her in, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek as she Tae's hair. "Call me if you need me okay?" Yoona whispered, Tae nodded and closed her eyes.

As she walked out the door, only one word came to Yoona 's mind... Jessica. She needed to go talk to her, to really explain what was behind that kiss. Yoona got in her Mini Cooper and headed for Casa de Sica. Yoona rounded the final corner and saw a cab pulling out of Jessica 's driveway. Yuri was inside. She threw something out the window at Jessica as the cab drove away. Yuri glared at Yoona as she passed her, and Yoona looked down shyly in response.

"Could this be what it looks like?" Yoona thought, then focussed her gaze on Jessica who was bending down to pick up the thrown object from the front lawn. She then headed to her car and opened the door to get in. Yoona got out of her own car and shut the door quickly with a BANG that shook Jessica from her daze and stopped her in her tracks.

Jessica: Hey... Yoon.

Yoona: Hey yourself... what's going on? I just got a deadly stare from Yuri as she went by in that cab...

Jessica: Oh... well... she told me to go to hell, so.

Yoona: ...sooooo that's where you were going? Well if that's the case I think you should reconsider that outfit.

Jessica glanced down at her tracksuit and a smile crept across her face in recognition.

Yoona: Oh... and tell Satan I said "hello!".

Yoona smiled as she heard Jessica giggle.

Jessica: Cute Yoon.

Yoona: You better believe it!

Yoona preened playfully and winked at Jessica who couldn't help blushing. There was a moment of silence before Jessica spoke again.

Jessica: Yuri is gone, the engagement is off.

She fiddled with the engagement ring that Yuri threw at her, keeping her eyes down until she heard Yoona 's reaction.

Yoona: Oh Jessi... I... I'm so sorry. Was this my...

Jessica: No... no no no. Well maybe. But no, I needed to think after we umm... and I just couldn't keep going, you know? I told her what I had to, and she packed and left.

Yoona: Well that explains the look I got.

Yoona smiled and stepped closer to Jessica so their conversation wasn't broadcast through the entire neighborhood. Jessica smiled coyly and blushed, looking down at her sneakers.

Yoona: So Miss Sica... what's going on in that pretty lil' head of yours?

Jessica: Ummm... so many questions that I don't have answers for... and no idea where or how to begin.

Yoona: Well, ironically, asking a question is a lot like ordinary talking, except there's a question mark at the end. You can do it!

Jessica: Yoon! Why are you always so sarcastic with me?

Yoona: There you go Jessica, see! I told you you could do it.

Jessica gave Yoona a playful slap on her arm, and she yelped in mock pain.

Yoona: Owww! Less slap... more tickle.

She grinned and wiggled her eyebrows up and down. Jessica grabbed Yoona 's hand and took her inside the house so they could talk.

Yoona: Ohh... damn I almost forgot... major upheaval going on in lives other than our own Jessica.

Jessica: Oh my God, what Yoon?

Yoona squeezed Jessica 's hand as she became serious.

Yoona: Tae and Tiffany...

 

~ to be continued ~