Apprehension

Testing Times

 

 

All the way home, Jessica was torturing herself with reminders of how stupidly she acted when Tae caught her and Yoona making out. She had over-reacted, again, as always. And Tae even knew about them, it wasn't like seeing her and Yoona together was going to be so shocking. But still, Jessica jumped up and left. She pulled up at the traffic lights and softly banged her head against the steering wheel in frustration at herself. She had to stop doing this, reacting to everyone else. Why should it matter what people think? If she kept this up, she thought, she'd surely chase Yoona away. And that wasn't a good thing considering they'd only just really found each other. She got out her cell phone and called Yoona.

Yoona: Hello?

Jessica: Hi Yoon, its me.

Yoona: Hey there speedy gonzales.

Jessica giggled, at least Yoona was able to make light of the situation, better than her being really upset.

Jessica: I know, I'm sorry. I just panicked is all.

Yoona: It's okay, I woulda panicked too, but I wouldn't have left.

Jessica: Yeah, but you know how I am, always worried about what everyone else thinks.

Yoona: Well you shouldn't be, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sooyoung, they all love you for you. So do I...

Jessica smiled at hearing this... even though it wasn't a straight out "I love you".

Jessica: I know, ok ok... I wanna make this up to you, will you have dinner with me tomorrow night?

Yoona: Of course I will silly, but I think we should do something else first.

Jessica was intrigued, and feeling a little playful...

Jessica: BEFORE dinner Yoon??

Yoona giggled, loving hearing Jessica talk this way, showing a little more confidence, slowly coming out of her shell the more they got together.

Yoona: Well, if you're offering... but I was thinking more along the lines of maybe you and me coming out to our friends.

There was silence on the other end of the line, Jessica was contemplating what that meant, and playing out that scenario in her head, scaring herself a bit. Finally she spoke.

Jessica: I dunno Yoon...

Yoona: Look, we gotta do it sometime honey, and I think that once we do, maybe you'll be able to relax more and we can just be together. Cos I don't know about you, but before we were interrupted, I sure was liking where we were going...

Jessica blushed at her memory... having Yoona in her arms, hearing her soft seductive voice whispering in her ear, teasing her, tempting her, dare she say it... driving her wild.

Jessica: Mmmm... well you didn't hear me complaining did you?

Yoona: Not until you ran out the door my dear.

Jessica: I know Yoon, stop reminding me. So okay, let's do this, just tell me where and when.

Yoona: Okay, well I'll ask everyone to meet us at Starbucks at 5.30, then we'll just let them in on our little secret, field the questions, then we can go have dinner, okay?

Jessica: I guess... and 5.30 is fine.

Yoona: Good, and please don't worry, I'll be there to hold your hand. I'll pick you up at 5 then.

Jessica: Okay Yoon, see you then.

Yoona gave Jessica a kiss over the phone.

Yoona: Mwwwahhh.

Jessica giggled, unable to give one back, too shy.

Yoona: Don't I get a kiss back?

Jessica: Come and get it.

Yoona: Don't make me, or you'll get more than you bargained for.

Jessica: Mmmmm I like that idea.

Yoona: Okay I'm on my way...

Jessica: Mwwwahhh.

Yoona: Hehe thought that'd do it.

Jessica: You always know which buttons to push. G'nite Yoon.

Yoona: G'nite y.

Jessica giggled and hung up, grinning as she pulled into her driveway. Yoona hung up and smiled at Tae who had been listening to Yoona's end of the exchange.

Yoona: That girl is so crazy... and so damn cute.

Taeyeon: So are you... together. So I'll call Fany tomorrow and let her know.

Yoona: Are you sure? How's all that going?

Taeyeon: Slowly getting there, no more fights which is good. We'll be at Starbucks after our appointment with the relationship counsellor.

Yoona: That's great Tae, I'm happy for you, fingers crossed huh?

Taeyeon: Everything crossed this time.

 

~ to be continued ~