Confession

Testing Times

 

When Yoona returned to her home in the afternoon having taken care of some errands, she found Tae sitting on the couch, talking on the phone. She wasn't screaming, or crying, but she wasn't laughing either. Yoona got her attention and tried to find out who Tae was speaking to. They mouthed their words to each other.

Yoona: Who is it?

Taeyeon: Fany.

Yoona: Are you okay?

Tae nodded and waved Yoona to sit down. Tae eventually hung up and explained to Yoona the conversation that had taken place. Yoona was comforting and supportive, not judgemental for once, since she dearly loved both her friends. She hated having her circle broken, and would do whatever it took to keep the peace. Amazingly, Tae looked to be okay. She went to take a shower after giving Yoona a big hug for her kindness in letting her stay for a few days. Although Yoona was sure Tae was holding out on her, she didn't press it.

Yoona looked at the clock and panic set in. She remembered that she had a special guest coming round soon. Yoona was running in all directions like a headless chicken, no idea where to start. "Clean up, get ready, tell Tae... calm the hell down!" Yoona mumbled to herself. Why was she so nervous... it was just Jess... Jessica! Yoona got the goofiest grin as she pictured the hot and sweaty Jessica working out at the gym in slow motion. "Mmmmmmmm" she purred, her mind fast forwarding to the locker room shower as she peeked around the corner to see Tae... TAEYEON!

Tae shouted down the hallway, shaking Yoona from her fantasy state.

Tae: Earth to Yoona... where are the towels... over!

Yoona: Ohh... sorry umm... here here.

Yoona walked briskly to the hall closet and took out a couple of towels, handing them to Tae.

Tae: Thankyou space girl... must’ve been nice wherever you were, judging from the expression on your face.

Yoona blushed and walked away, Tae laughed as she closed the bathroom door to finish drying off.

Yoona: Step one... snap out of it!

She said to herself as she started to clean up the kitchen and take out some trash. When it was 2.30pm, Yoona looked down at her outfit.

Yoona: She's already seen me in this... wait... she's already seen me in everything. No Yoon, this is not an opportunity for a shopping spree.

A little voice in Yoona 's head reminded her of the only outfit Jessica hasn't seen her in. Yoona dismissed the suggestion, but couldn't help the sly grin curling the corners of .

Yoona: No I can't answer the door in my birthday suit... although...

She pictured the expression on Jessica 's face if she were to be brave and open the front door . Yoona laughed out loud at Jessica 's eyes bugging out cartoon style. She put the kettle on and regained her focus. Tae came out to the kitchen and sat at the bench, puzzled at Yoona 's frantic cleaning efforts.

Tae: What's going on Yoona? Expecting someone?

Yoona: Yeah umm... Jessica... said she'd come by after her gym session to say hey.

Tae: Oh great! ... but you never cleaned up for her before...

Yoona blushed and got a couple of cups out to make coffee for them both as she started to explain.

Yoona: Tae... it really has been an insane 48 hours. Last night... actually this morning, at around 4am... I ummm... I went to...

Tae: Spit it out Yoon.

Yoona: I went to Jessica 's... and I told her not to marry Yuri...

Tae: Why on earth would you do that?

Yoona: Well... it's kinda hard to..

Tae: C'mon now... don't leave me hanging here girl.

Yoona: I couldn't let her marry Yuri because... cos I want to be with Jessica.

The expression on Tae's face was priceless, jaw dropped and eyes wide as Yoona continued.

Yoona: I know... who woulda thunk it. But I do... I couldn't let that woman take her from me.

Tae: Yoona, I had no idea...

Yoona: I kissed her, Tae...

Tae gasped in disbelief.

Tae: No way!

Yoona: Way... uh-huh... and she seriously kissed me back.

Tae sat in stunned silence for a moment, absorbing the notion of Yoona and Jessica being a couple. She had known both of them a long time, and always saw them as sisters. The way Yoona was the overbearing one, and Jessica was the nervous unsure one. How well they complimented each other, and what a wonderful friendship they had underneath it all.

Tae: That's so great Yoon... unexpected, but really wonderful. I'm happy for you, and I hope it works out okay.

Yoona could see that Tae was sincere, but there was still sadness behind those tortured eyes. Yoona had debated telling Tae about it because of the personal wounds she still had, but Yoona didn't want anything to change about the way her and Jessica acted, or were treated. And she certainly didn't want to shock anyone, after all, this was probably the last person Yoona was expected to introduce as her new girlfriend.

Yoona: Thanks Tae, I just... wasn't sure when to say it, but we're just giving it a try. This is pretty new for me, she's such a good friend, and I don't wanna mess up our past by ruining the present ya know.

Tae: I know hun, one day at a time... but right now you should go get ready.

With that, Yoona gave Tae a big hug and went to her bedroom to change and Tae tidied up the rest of the house. It was 2:55pm and Yoona strolled out of her bedroom in a different outfit. As she reached the kitchen her phone rang. It was Jessica... Tae could tell from the smile that illuminated Yoona 's face.

Yoona: Hey you, wassup?

Jessica: I just wanted to let you know I'm leaving the gym now, so I'll be there in about a half hour.

Yoona: Okay no problem, see you soon hu... Jessi.

Yoona changed her words as she saw Tae smirking at her. She hung up the phone and looked at Tae with a sheepish grin.

Yoona: I know, I know, yuck huh?

Tae: Quite the opposite... it's good to see you smiling.

 

~ to be continued ~