Explanations

Testing Times

 

Jessica wiped away tears as Yoona retold the story of Tae and TIffany's breakup. It seems Tiffany became involved with a former coworker, and at a recent work celebration in which partners were invited, Taeyeon noticed them being excessively close when she returned from getting a drink. And when she confronted TIffany about it, they got into a huge fight and the truth came out. Yoona comforted Jessica by placing a hand on hers, watching Jessica 's expression. Yoona tried to cheer her up by telling her that it would all work out.

Yoona: Those two were meant to be together. They'll figure it out.

Jessica: I dunno Yoon, it's pretty major.

Yoona: Well either way all we can do is let them handle it.

Yoona squeezed Jessica 's hand as she managed a smile. As much as she hated to gloss over such matters, Yoona had her own agenda in mind when she came over.

Yoona: Jessica... the reason I came here was to talk to you about...

Jessica: I know... I know Yoon... believe me, if you'd told me yesterday that all this was gonna happen overnight, I woulda said you were crazy.

Yoona: I still subscribe to that personal opinion... I don't know what came over me.

Jessica 's smile straightened and she began to look concerned. Had she misunderstood the kiss? Yoona could see by the look on her face that Jessica 's mind was working overtime at her words, so she clarified.

Yoona: No no Jessi, not in a bad way, God!

Jessica nervously sighed in relief as Yoona continued.

Yoona: What I mean is... I had all this stuff to say last night, and when I was standing before you my mouth wouldn't work.

Jessica: Well it worked pretty well from where I was standing.

They both giggled shyly and looked down as they ran through their own memories of the kiss.

Yoona: Well yeah, I figured actions speak louder than words.

Jessica: Loud, but hardly clear Yoon.

Yoona: Really? A kiss like that doesn't say "hey, nice weather we're having".

Jessica: Neither was the one I gave you back.

Jessica laughed at the recollection. That second kiss was certainly not about weather, but she did notice a few changes in temperature and conditions. She sat quietly and took in the sight of Yoona as she spoke.

Yoona: But seriously Jessica, in spite of the way this all happened, and whether it was clear or not at the time... I do have feelings for you. And... I wanna see where they lead... if of course you feel anything similar.

Jessica was dumbstruck with silence, when she opened nothing came out. Yoona chuckled at how cute she was, seemingly gasping like a fish out of water.

Yoona: Say something .. mime it, try that whole actions thing!

Yoona started making hand gestures that appeared to be a mixture of baseball signals and vogue-ing. Jessica cracked up laughing, then when she regained her composure she stumbled and mumbled over her words.

Yoona: I'm sorry but I'm not that fluent in Sica-nese just yet. God, next you'll be speaking in tongues.

Yoona raised her eyebrows and wiggled her tongue at Jessica.

Jessica: Oh God, Yoona!

Yoona: Whaaaat?!

Jessica put her hands over her face as she turned a bright crimson shade of embarrassment. Yoona loved this. Jessica was so adorable when her innocence shone through.

Yoona: Okay, okay I'm sorry. I just can't help it. You're so gorgeous when you blush, and I smile cos I get you into that state. Now don't get me started on how excited I'd be if I got you into other compromising states.

Yoona winked and managed to get a cheeky smile from Jessica.

Jessica: How do you know you haven't affected me that way already?

Yoona gasped in mock shock at finally getting a taste of her own medicine.

Yoona: Well well, now you've got me thinking.

Jessica: Mmmm-hmmm

They smiled mischieviously at each other then Yoona took a deep breath before proceeding.

Yoona: So... let's start this off right.

Jessica: Okay, I'm all for that.

Yoona: Shall we go out or something?

A broad smile lit up Jessica 's face at hearing that.

Jessica: You mean like a date?

Yoona: I guess that's what it would be. We can talk a bit more about things, since we already know each other.

Jessica: There's plenty of stuff I still don't know Yoon. And... I'd love to know more.

Yoona was excited at what she was hearing. They made their plans to have dinner tomorrow night. But Yoona told Jessica that she might wanna come by later to see Tae. Yoona stood up to leave and Jessica followed her to the front door. Jessica opened the door for her and Yoona casually leaned against the door frame.

Yoona: So will you come by later?

Jessica looked at her watch as she spoke.

Jessica: Well I have a training session at two, so I'll come by after, if that's okay.

Yoona: Yeah that's fine. Hmmm... will you be all hot, sweaty and dishevelled?

Yoona pondered that notion and grinned, letting a soft "mmmmmm" escape her lips. Jessica gave Yoona a playful shove with her hand, causing them both to laugh. Then silence ... you could almost hear their minds ask the same question... "Do I kiss her?". They giggled uncomfortably as if they knew what the other was thinking.

Jessica took the plunge and reached out her hand to take Yoona 's. At exactly that moment Yoona stepped forward and their eyes drew each other in for a kiss. Soft, sweet and slow... they gently brushed their lips together and melted into the moment. Yoona slowly pulled away as she stepped backwards out the door. Her eyes connected to Jessica 's, not letting go of her hand until the last moment.

Yoona: See you later... beautiful.

Jessica blushed big time and smiled back.

Jessica: Bye sweet thang.

They both laughed at their sickening cutesyness. If it were with anyone else, Yoona would be muttering "Yuck" under her breath. But to Yoona this was anything but yuck.

Jessica: Oh and Yoon... I WILL have a shower before I come round.

Yoona: Mmmm... I’ll enjoy thinking about that!

 

~ to be continued ~