Ch 4: The important one

A Touch of FeiT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Four The important one

Seunghyun watched Fei pace the room as she worried her bottom lip between her teeth.  It’s been almost two hours, or maybe more, since Fei had last spoken with her manager and he still hasn’t shown up.  He wasn’t answering his phone either.  

 

Since their kiss, she’d purposely avoided staying at the same spot for too long, and SH watched it all with amusement.

The kiss had really rattled her, and it obviously made things really awkward for her; Seunghyun himself was feeling rather good about the kiss.  He knew she wanted to sit down, but the other corners were dark.  She’d wander toward one and then quickly walk back toward the lit area shortly after.

His eyes traveled down her body as she paced.  She was wearing a t-shirt that annoyingly had Youngbae’s face on it.  The shirt was loose, but he knew there was a very shapely form behind that shirt.

To Seunghyun, she had one of the best proportioned bodies out of the idols.  Her legs were shapely and not stick thin, her arms were the same.  It amazed him that she could manage to look curvy, yet look like she did not have an ounce of extra fat on her body.  

There was a sort of quiet elegance and iness to her movements that seemed natural to her.  He could watch her do something as mundane, like pacing, for hours and still not had enough.

His eyes traveled down to her , and he smiled as he remembered the way they looked.  His eyes slowly roamed up her body to her s, up to her neck, her lips, and when they landed on her face, he found her uncomfortably staring back at him.  

And whether unconsciously or consciously, she crossed her arms across her chest as if to shield them away from his eyes.

He gave her a knowing smile, and he couldn’t help remembering the first time she had caught him checking her out, and then covering herself in the same manner.

There were questions he wanted to ask her about that day, but he’d prefer her sitting down while they talked, preferably very close to him, instead of distracting him with her pacing.

As he watched her wander back from a dark corner again, an idea began to formulate in his mind.  He looked around the room for the light switch.  Finding it a few steps away from where he was sitting, he got to his feet, and slowly wandered closer to the switch.  Once in front of it, he leaned back against it, and faced her.  

He watched her as she continued her pacing.  He cleared his throat to make sure she saw exactly where he was standing, then waited until she turned away from him again.

As soon as she did, he flipped the light off, and waited for her to find him in the dark.  He didn’t have to wait long.  As soon as the light turned off, she let out a scream, and ran toward him.  Prepared for the impact, Seunghyun opened his arms in time to catch her when she threw herself at him.  Wrapping his arms tightly around her, he grinned into the dark room.

Then he waited until he was sure there wouldn’t be any trace of a smile left in his voive before he asked, “Are you okay?”  She didn’t answer. Instead, she clung to him.  “Isn’t it a little awkward being this close to me in the dark?”  He was proud that his voice came out a little hesitant, as if he actually cared about observing propriety at that moment.

“I’m sorry,” she apologized.  She slowly took her hands off of him, and soon she the flashlight App in her phone.  Then she stepped away from him.

“Are you sure that’s wise?  What if the battery dies?”  He asked as he watched the conflicted look on her face.  He reached out and took her phone from her hand, then directed the light to her face.  “We don’t know when or if someone will come and get us out of here.  Right now, your phone is the only way we can reach the outside,” he reminded her as she chewed her bottom lip nervously.  “Can I turn it off?”  He asked, but didn’t wait for an answer before he turned it off.  

The way her brown eyes were looking up at him, as if silently begging him to leave the light on, made him want to do things to her that involved getting .  So really, it was for her best interest that he turned the light off.

As soon as it was dark again, he felt her move closer to him.

“Have you always been afraid of the dark?”  He asked as he slowly sat down.  She quickly followed him down.

“I’m not afraid of the dark,” she lied and Seunghyun by pretending to stand back up.  He felt her hands on his as she asked, “Where are you going?”

“Nowhere.  Just trying to reach into my pocket,” he lied.  “Why?  Am I sitting too close?  Do you need room?”  He asked teasingly.

“N-no.  You’re fine,” she reassured as she moved toward him; her right shoulder glued to his left shoulder as she tightened her hold on his hand.  His grin widened.

“You know what I want to eat right now?”  He asked after a few minutes of enjoying her nervous fidgeting in silence.

“What?”

“I want to eat one of those sandwiches you made that day at the park,” he said, finally bringing up the topic he wanted to talk about with her.

“Which park?”  She asked, and it was on the tip of his tongue to say the park where she caught him ogling her against the sunset.  Or the day she fell and her dress was up in the air, and he got a very good view of her derriere, but he knew she probably wouldn’t appreciate him referring to that day in such a way, so he said something else.

“The one where I helped Min out of that ditch she fell into.”

“Ah yes.  That was so long ago,” she hesitantly said, and he could tell by her voice that she was thinking about what he didn’t voice.  “The sandwich you ate was made by Minyoungie.”

“The first two sandwiches you gave me before you went to check on Min yes, but when Min came back and found me eating the last sandwich, she told me that there was something better and gave me one that you made.”

“Oh.   I can make a sandwich for you and you can cancel one of the favors?”  She asked quietly after a few thoughtful minutes had passed, and Seunghyun smirked in satisfaction.  This was exactly what he wanted her to offer.

“Ah, but one sandwich would not be enough.  Did I mention that I had to watch Jiyong date Nana for months?  Keeping silent was pretty much betraying a childhood friend,” he gravely said, and he could feel her shoulder slumping.

“Sandwiches for a month?”  She offered.

“A sandwich for a month would not work either because of our schedules.  It might end up being just one sandwich.”

“Two months?”

“A year,” he said because he has a feeling it’d take her forever to work up to the time period he wants her to say.  “One year you’ll make me that sandwich whenever I want.”

“A--a whole year?”

“You have to keep in mind that I’m not always in Korea. Neither are you,” he pointed out with a sigh.  “I’m being generous here.  Of course, you don’t have to do that.  I prefer the method of payment earlier.  I’ll settle for another innocent kiss.”  He grinned when he felt her slightly move away from him.  He made to stand up, and she quickly grabbed for his hand.

“Where are you going?”

“Stretching,” he lied as he stood up.  She followed him up, holding onto the sleeve of his shirt.  He made a show of stretching and every time he lifted his left arm, she’d grab onto the left side of his stomach.  He liked the feel of her small hand on his abdomen, so he kept his left arm up under the pretense of stretching.

He patiently waited until she said what he wanted to hear.  “Okay.  I’ll make sandwiches for you for a year.”

“You know what?  Now that I think about it, I don’t think you want to do that.  It’d be too difficult,” he finished with a dramatic sigh, baiting her in.

“Why?”

“Because I’d need to have you deliver the sandwich to me in person, so I know that you made it, and didn’t just buy it from a store.”  He smiled when he heard a little scoff escaped her lips.  Whether she was offended that he suggested she’d lie or that she’d actually buy a store made sandwich, he couldn’t say.  “And I don’t even know if you’d be able to keep to your words.”

“I’ll do it.  For a year I’ll bring you a sandwich whenever you call, as long as we’re in the same town together.  Obviously, I can’t do it when you’re out of the country or when I have a schedule.”

“No matter what time?”  He made his voice sound as if he was skeptical that she’d be able to do it.

“Yes.  What do you want for the other two?”

“I need a little time to think about that,” he answered thoughtfully.  “Why are you in a sudden hurry to pay me back?”

“Because you mention me owing you every time we run into one another,” she answered quietly.  “And after what.. what we did earlier, I’m afraid the price might keep on rising if I wait longer.”  Seunghyun turned toward her and smiled at the weariness he heard in her voice. “I..it just went from one to four,” she mumbled.

He casually placed his left leg in front of her before he quickly moved away from her.  As he expected, she stepped closer to him, and tripped over his leg as he had planned.  He quickly s his arms around her waist, and pulled her to him.

“Are you okay?”  He asked with faux concern as if he had not planned it this way.

“S--sorry,” she apologized as she tried to move out of his arms.

“You better be careful, I thought I saw mice in here earlier.”  He grinned when she yelped and clung to him.  He reached down and comfortably wrapped his arms around her waist.  Although she stiffened up at his touch, she didn’t move away.

“That day at the park, who were you waiting for?”  He asked.  He could smell her perfume; it was a fusion of exotic fragrance that was light, feminine, and elegant.  He thought it suited her well.

“I was waiting for a friend,” she quietly answered.

“You mean Min was there covering for you while you were on a date?”  He asked before he quietly waited for her answer.

“No, not a date.  It’s a childhood friend, but because of certain circumstances Min was there as a buffer.  Why do you ask?”

“No, you just seemed jumpy that day.  You were constantly looking around.”

“I was worried that my friend would...”  She trailed off, and after a few minute passed in silence he continued on for her.

“You were worried that your friend would take it the wrong way if he saw us sitting there on a blanket together as if we were on a date?”

“Yes.”

“Must be a special friend.”

“Yes,” she answered simply and they were both quiet for a while; both lost in their own thoughts.    

“Was the sandwich special to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter