Ch 9: I do know her

A Touch of FeiT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 Chapter Nine   I do know her 

 

As soon as SH pulled the protesting Fei into his room, he shut, and locked the door behind them.  When he turned to explain himself to Fei, he doubled over when she punched him in the stomach.  He let go of her wrist as he clutched his stomach.  Fei took that opportunity to run toward the only other door in his hotel room.

SH heard the slams of doors in her wake, and knew she had locked herself in the bathroom, through the bedroom.

 “,” SH groaned out.  “I just wanted to talk, nothing else,” he explained to the empty room.  He tentatively straightened up, winced at the pain, before he slowly made his way to the bedroom.  "Damn, she's a lot stronger than I thought."  

As he made his way to the bedroom, SH fully realized what he did, and how it would look if someone had been watching them.  He cursed himself for being stupid.  And worse of all, he had just managed to scare the crap out of her. 

As he entered the bedroom, he sighed as he bend down and collect the content of her purse.  She'd obviously dropped it in her hurry to hide. 

Once in front of the bathroom door, he could hear movements inside; it sounded like she was either breaking something, or she was trashing the bathroom.  He frowned, and quickly moved away from the bathroom door.  Something told him that she was in there looking for a weapon to use against him.  

Despite how dire the situation is looking for him, he couldn't help being a little amuse.  Fei is far from being the first woman that he had brought to his room, but she was definitely the first that was probably going to beat him to bulp for doing so.  

“Relax,” he tentatively called out as he continued to put space between him and the door.  No matter how feminine she mayseem, he had witnessed how athletic she could be during JYPE's paint ball game.  He'd be a fool to underestimate her, especially when she's obviously scared.

“Didn’t you say I’m gay?” He reminded her, trying to calm her.  When no reply came he continued, using his friendliest tone, “I just wanted to talk.  I know you have a temper so don’t do anything you’d regret Wang Fei Fei."  As he tried talking to her, he continued to rub his abdomen.  He had a feeling he was going to get a bruise.

SH grabbed one of the two single chairs in the room, and moved it to a safe distance away from the door.  He was careful to make sure he’d have enough time to get up and run, if she come charging out of the bathroom. 

In his process of fussing over the chair’s location, he dropped Fei’s purse again.  This time, the entire content seemed fell out.  He crouched down to pick things up; his hand stalled over the little ice cream cone charm. 

“What did you want to talk about?” She called out. SH pocketed the the little charm, before he hastily put her purse back together. 

 “I just wanted to remind you about the sandwich you’re supposed to bring me today."  He could tell by the confused ‘what’ she said, that she thought he was crazy.  “I knew you’d forget,” he said defensively, as if it’ll excuse what he just did.  “That’s all.  I didn’t mean to scare you.  I just know how forgetful you can be, especially with what you’ll be doing later on today.  I just wanted to remind you of our deal earlier.”

“What do you mean, ‘especially with what you’ll be doing later on today’?”  She asked with a hint of embarrassment in her voice. 

“You know,” SH said carefully.  “You’ll probably want to do girly stuff like shopping or something.”  SH immediately changed the topic afterward.  “Can you keep in mind that I have a photo shoot in a few hours, so when you come running out of that bathroom you can hit anywhere but the face?”

When she didn't give him a response, SH continued, “I know that you’re more angry than scared right now.  You’re probably in there trying to remind yourself that I’m your sunbae, and that you shouldn’t... you know… say or do something you’d regret later.  Just come out of the bathroom, so we can talk.  I already know you have a terrible temper, so you can save your energy trying to hone it back and come out.”

He sprung to his feet when he heard the lock clicked.  He instinctively placing the chair between him and the direction of the bathroom. 

“Remember, anywhere but the face!”  He called out to remind her again. 

When she slowly walked out of the door, SH gaped at the metal bar she was carrying in her right hand.  She had somehow managed to pry out one of the towel holder out of the wall.

“, how did you pull that off?”  He asked before he could stop himself as he took a step away from her direction. 

The colors on her face was high, and the pleasant expression she had always given him before was nowhere to be found.  SH inwardly flinched at her piercing gaze. 

Is this how people feel when they tell me I have a piercing gaze?  Damn, no wonder there are people who are scared of me.

“It’s… really disturbing when you speak as if you know me,” she said as she slowly moved toward the front door.  “You don’t know me, and please don’t ever drag me off against my will; whether you’re gay, straight, or a flippin goat, it’s a scary experience for a girl to be dragged away,” she calmly continued; keeping her eyes on him, as she continued moving toward the door.  SH watched her as he slowly took a step toward her direction, discretely following her movements.

SH never thought the day would come when he would prefer a girl to be hysterical over being calm.  Now that he’s witnessing the calm way Fei’s temper manifests, he knew the day had come.  He was a little scared.

 “I’m not sure what to make of the way you acted today, but I’m not blameless.  I shouldn’t have kissed you back, no matter what.  I just broke up with a boyfriend.  When you kissed me, and I responded back, I know that makes me seem very easy and… you already know I’ve dated many men, so what you think of me must be really out there, but please do not act as if you know me, or treat me like I’m some kind of… of… a .”

“That’s not wha—“ SH began to say, but clammed his mouth shut when the metal bar banged against the wall, and he heard just how solid it was.  It was probably not wise to say anything that'd agitate her.

“I’d also appreciate it if you stop saying that we’re going out.  I was in a lot of trouble with my manager, and although it’s a joke to you, people around me will not find it a joke, and neither will anyone else who hears it.  Because, as my manager pointed out to me earlier, who would believe me?  Your reputation is cleaner behind the scene so of course people will believe you.”

SH was beginning to feel crappy because he hadn't thought of it that way.  Now, he could see how she could misinterpret his actions.  For the first time in weeks, he  felt frustration that there were some things she didn't know.  He did know her!

When she got to the front door, SH could see her physically relaxed.  She kept her back toward the door, reached behind her for the handle, and turned it.  Before she left though, she turned back and said to him, “Don’t worry.  A deal is a deal, and I will bring you the sandwich.  If you could please just tell me what else you want for the other favors, I’ll give it to you.  Kissing and… indecent proposals are not on the table for discussion.”

With that, she walked out of the door leaving SH feeling like crap.  He controlled his impulses to run after her, and drag her back into the room so he could try to explain himself better.  It'll probably just make things worse, or possibly get him beaten with a metal rod. 

He let out a low scream as he stripped his shirt off, and made his way to the bathroom.  He gaped at the mess.  She somehow took the metal bar off by wedging the handle of the plunger against the wall, and she must have used her weight as leverage to break it free. 

“Damn,” he said as he skirted the mess on his way to the shower.  How did she think to do that?  SH found himself smiling though as he stepped below the shower, because for the past three weeks he had a difficult time reconciling the nice person Fei is in person to the person he knew, but not anymore. 

Soon he berated himself about how he had ruined things by dragging her to his room.

He also realized that while he had known for a while that Fei had a nasty temper, he hadn’t witnessed it in person like this.  He was expecting tantrums and yelling.  Instead she turned a quiet kind of scary.

There was also a little excitement in it for SH because, well, he couldn’t help imagining that type of controlled passion being directed toward other fun activities, like in bed for example. 

 By the time he dried himself and dressed, he made the decision not to give into feeling bad, but to push her to come to him during his photo shoot.  And he’ll maybe tell her a little of the real reason why he was acting the way he did.  That it wasn’t because he thought she was easy, but because he was comfortable with her.    

With his mind made up, he took a quick nap because he still had work later on the day.

He woke up an hour later to a text from Daesung asking if he wanted to join him for breakfast.  He ignored the text and went back to sleep. 

Half-an-hour later he was up again.  This time he paced his room.  He could feel the time running out before he had to leave for his photo shoot.  He finally decided that he’ll go by Jia’s room and figure out a way to get Fei’s number out of her before he leaves. 

He’ll just have to shamelessly ask Jia again, because he can’t have Fei avoiding him during the rest of their stay here.  This might be the only time he had to right some of the wrongs he'd done to her in the past. 

As he dressed, a knock on his door came.  He opened his door to Youngbae.

“What?”  SH asked when the younger man shook his head and sighed at the disheveled way the older man looked.

“I’m taking pity on you hyung.  Come,” YB said before he turned away.

“Where are we going?”  SH asked with a frown.

“To have breakfast with your girlfriend, who you apparently don’t have her number,” YB said and SH immediately followed YBt.  As YB led him to the room right across from Jia’s, SH frowned because he didn’t like the thought that YB knew where Fei’s room was and he didn’t.

“Who’s room is this?” he asked as nonchalantly as he could, and YB gave him an amused smile as he shook his head before knocking on the door. 

Soon the door opened and Min made way for them to enter.  SH didn’t bother hiding his relieved sigh.  He definitely did not like the idea of another guy in Fei’s room, even if that said guy was madly in love with his own girlfriend. 

Fei looked up as TOP entered the room and she couldn’t hide her surprise and discomfort.  She got to her feet under pretense of making room for TOP at the table, carried her plate to the living area, and sat down beside Min on the sofa, where she resumed eating her breakfast. 

When she left TOP’s room earlier, she spent the last few hours trying to calm herself down.  She couldn't hsake the eerie feelings that TOP knew something about her that she didn’t know.  It was in the way he said certain things about her with such conviction.  It was even more disturbing that he'd been right every single time.

Like when he straight out said that she was more angry than afraid in the bathroom as she tried to reign in her temper.  How would he know that about her?  There were other things too, like how he knew that she’d be spending today shopping.  Even though she knew it could be a coincident, because most guys would probably assu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter