Ch 8: Something like that

A Touch of FeiT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 Chapter Eight   Something like that

 

 “Where are you going?”  Seunghyun asked when Seungri got to his feet.

“I can’t stay here anymore," Seungri answered as he turned to walk away.  "I’m going to call it a night."  He had been through a lot in the last couple of hours, and he was tired, but Seunghyun had kept him on that damn sofa for hours. 

“It’s early, why are you in a hurry?”  Seunghyun unreasonably glossed over SR's protests, as he reached out, and forcefully pulled the younger man down to the sofa.

“It’s a little after six in the morning hyung,” Seungri pointed out as he tried to get up again.

“Like I said, it’s early,” Seunghyun responded as he held Seungri’s arm, preventing him from getting up again.  Seungri sighed, leaned back on the cushion, and closed his eyes as Seunghyun impatiently stared at the door. 

They were still in Jia’s room.  Jia and Youngbae were at the table talking about some nonsense that didn’t have anything to do with Fei, so Seunghyun wasn’t interested. 

He knew if Seungri leaves, Youngbae would also leave, but Seunghyun refused to leave until he sees Fei.  He didn’t know her number or her hotel room number.  How was he supposed to make sure she kept to her words, and bring him the sandwich he ordered, if he doesn't remind her? 

And a little good night kiss wouldn’t be a bad thing either.  In a perfect world, they’d be sleeping in the same bed tonight, but he knew that was not an option.

What could she possibly have to talk about with her manager for this long?  It’s been hours and everyone had left but the four of them. 

Seunghyun had already been through a lot, and heard too much to give up at his point; he sat through Ji singing a sappy love song, Seungri and Jia exchanging hostile words about their car accident, and he had to sit through Suzy announcing to everyone that Min had violent diarrhea before dragging her out of the room. 

In other words, he’d heard and seen too much, and there was no way he was leaving this room until he sees Fei, or find out her number from Jia at the least. 

Normally, Seungri would have no issues with asking these kinds of questions on his behalf.  Unfortunately, after SR fought with Jia he hadn’t said a single word to her and vice versa.  They seemed to be going out of their way to pretend the other did not exist. 

SH knew Youngbae was not going to ask on his behalf, because he had warned him fair and square earlier.  Besides, YB would be suspicious.  Afterall, what kind of guy would not have the basic information, like the phone number, of their girlfriend.  He had already tried shamelessly asking Jia.  She gave him a polite bow and made a show of politely avoiding eye contact with him, an obvious mockery of the politeness he demanded out of her earlier. 

Seunghyun glared at the table where Jia and Youngbae were. 

He didn’t quite know how such a skinny girl could eat so much.  He has had the misfortune of sitting there, glaring at her and at the same time realizing just how much she eats.  She was now in the process of making herself a sandwich, and seeing that sandwich made SH sigh.  He couldn’t help but think back to the day he  ran into Fei at the park.  It’s a memory that he had been replaying back in his mind frequently in the past few weeks.  It was also the first time he ate the sandwich he now wants to make sure she delivers to his photo shoot later on the day.

...

Flashback

“Damn traffic,” Seungri angrily grumbled beneath his breath. 

Seunghyun opened his eyes, looked around their location, and was surprised to see where they were.  He looked down at his watch to check the time, and blew out an anxious breath.  “Is this some kind of sign?”

“What?”  SR impatiently asked. 

“Nothing, just keep driving,” SH said as he looked out the window. 

“Let’s take the next exit and wait out the traffic,” SR said and SH shook his head.

“No keep driving, we’ll be fine,” SH insisted but the truth was, he didn’t want to stop by the next exit.  The next exit will take him right to the one place in Korea he was trying to avoid today; a little restaurant he had arranged to meet a childhood friend for lunch, a childhood friend that happened to be in love with him. 

SH realized he was being a terrible friend by purposely standing her up today, but he couldn’t help it.  She was one of his last few friends that haven’t treated him differently since he debuted.  He didn’t want to change that, and he was being a coward by not going to face her.  It was absurd, but he felt that this was the only way he could keep her as a friend.  If he stood her up, he wouldn’t have to hear it directly from her how she felt, and they can remain friends.   

As they passed the exit that would take him directly to the meeting place they’ve arranged, SH let out a relieved sigh; but he couldn’t help turning around to look toward the area as guilt began to gnaw at his conscience once again. 

 “I told you we shouldn’t have come this way,” Seungri grumbled once again, because the traffic was terrible.

“Yah, what did you say?” 

“I’m pulling over at the next exit.  There’s a little park there we could wait out the traffic at,” SR said with an impatient sigh before he went on to mumble beneath his breath about how he had just wasted precious time.  SH of course, chose to ignore this.  Half-an-hour later they finally made it to the next exit and drove to the little park. 

As soon as SR parked the car, Seunghyun climbed out and stretched.  It was a park  SH had never been to before, but seeing how the parking area was empty he might actually entertain coming back here. 

He took in a deep breath, and exhaled slowly as he tried his best not to feel guilty about what he was doing to his friend. 

“I’m going to take a nap,” SR announced before he reclined back his seat and closed his eyes.  SH took in another deep breath, then decided that a little walk would help him clear his head. 

When he opened the car door again, SR was already fast asleep with his hat pulled down low on his face.  SH grabbed a face mask from the glove compartment, and pulled it over the lower half of his face before he turned and walked toward the park. 

Soon he realized why it was not populated with family or kids; it wasn’t so much a park as a hiking trail of sort.  There were no playgrounds, but little trails with pockets of area where people could either rest or have a picnic.  It wouldn’t be a place he could see people bringing their children to.  Some of the trails didn’t exactly seem safe; there were ditches on one or both of the sides of the trail.  If one was not careful they could fall in. 

Seeing the set-up of the park, and all the potential privacy, SH understood why SR would know of its existence.  It was probably ideal for dates.         

SH aimlessly followed one of the trail as he thought back to Lulu, the childhood friend who was probably waiting for him at the restaurant now. 

He had set up the time, and meeting place when she had pushed to see him.  He caved in because she was stubborn when she had her mind set on something.  He knew she would be furious with him for not showing up, but he had not choice. 

She’d eventually forgive him.  It may take months, but she’ll forgive him at the end.  She always did. 

SH halted when he saw two other people on the trail ahead of him.  He turned around to head back the way he came, but stopped and turned back toward the two figures a few feet away from him. 

Their backs were to him, but they were obviously two girls.  One was short and wearing shorts, and a big shirt.  The other was wearing a dress, and there was something familiar about the girl wearing the dress. 

The dress was a simple white summer dress, that was discreetly form fitting on top before it flared out at the bottom; a small purple belt emphasized her small waist.  The dress came down to just above her knees, and she wore a simple thong-style sandals. SH tried not to linger his eyes on her feet, and looked up her entire body once again.  An ex-girlfriend maybe?  He wondered as he continued watching her.  An ex-fling perhaps?      

Although she wasn’t alone, his eyes were riveted by her figure only, she had curves and her long brown hair was loosely curled at the end, as if she had been getting ready to go somewhere special.  She looked so out of place, dressed the way she is. 

She suddenly turned to the side, and SH was surprised to see that it was Fei.  He frowned because what were the odds that they’d run into one another at a random park?  She laughed and pointed at something in the distance for Min.  The action drew SH’s attention to her s, and he cocked his head to the side for a better view. 

He frowned when arms began to cross over her chest, obscuring his view, and when he looked up he found that she was nervously looking toward his direction.

“Minyoungie,” Fei called out as she took a step backward away from SH’s direction.  Min turned to look toward Fei and SH called out for her to stop because he could see she was going to trip over the big rock protruding out of the ground.  His warning came too late.  Min tripped, and she grabbed for Fei in an effort to re-establish her balance, but all she managed to do was take Fei down with her. 

Unfortunately for Min, her awkward tumble gained momentum as soon as she hit the ground, and tumbled down a slope that SH knew would take her down to a ditch along the pathway.  He moved to go help her, but stopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter