Ch 3: You still owe me

A Touch of FeiT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Three You still owe me

 

Korean Music Wave 2011

Singapore

 

Seunghyun grunt out in frustration when he didn’t find the small case of bandaid he brought with him in his bag.

“What are you looking for hyung?”  Seungri asked from behind him.

“A small bandaid case I had in my bag,” he said impatiently as he looked at his watch.  If he didn’t hurry, he was going to miss her.  The concert had been officially finished for over half an hour now, and he had wasted too much time looking for this damn bandaid case.  

He kicked his bag in frustration.

“Is it black?”  Seungri asked and Seunghyun turned toward the younger man.  “I found this on the floor.”  Seungri held up the little case in front of him.  Seunghyun quickly crossed the room, and reached for the bandaid case.  However, Seungri sprung to his feet and quickly evaded him. “Did you hurt yourself hyung?”  He teased as he dodged Seunhyun’s hands.

“Yah!  I don’t have much time.”

“The funny thing is hyung, there’s only this one band aid in it, but I found a girl’s bracelet in it.”  As Seungri tried to take out the bracelet, Seunghyun took the opportunity to close the gap between them, grabbed Seungri, and took the little black case out of his hand.

“Whose initials are those hyung?  Have you been dating someone behind our back again?”  Seungri asked as he followed Seunghyun to the door.  “I thought we all agreed we’d always tell each other who we’re with, so we wouldn’t step on each other’s toes.”

Seunghyun stopped at the door and turned around to the younger man.  “I’m simply returning a bracelet someone lost.”  The look on Seungri’s face told Seunghyun he didn’t believe him one bit.  He also knew, without a doubt, that Seungri would follow him the minute he left the room.  So he decided to give him something to preoccupy his time.  “If you help cover for me, I’ll tell you the name of the girl.”  

Seungri flashed him a smile as he nodded.  Seunghyun turned and head out the door, making his way toward the area he knew miss A’s dressing room should be.  He had already made sure to find out this piece of information from one of their stylist.

As he strode down the hall, he was glad that many of the rooms were already empty.  Although he didn’t need to worry about who would be observing him, especially since Seungri would cover for him, he was glad that many of the idols had already left so he could move around freely.

He opened up the little band aid case and checked to make sure that the simple thin gold bracelet he had been holding onto for the past six months was still in there.

When he had seen that miss A was one of the groups to perform, he made sure to bring the little bracelet to return it to Fei.  He purposely placed it in the little bandaid box so if anyone went through his bag, they would leave it alone.

Of course, all that planning didn’t really matter, because he carelessly dropped it anyway.

Seunghyun placed the little bracelet back into the case and secured its top tightly before sliding it back into his pocket.

He had gone back to the little restaurant a few times for the good food.  Every time he went, he took the little bracelet with him just in case he would run into her again.  Unfortunately, that never happened.

After Fei had left the day they ate together, he had waited for s to join him.  When the little Chinese lady cleared out the dishes, she had picked up the little bracelet and kept saying the word girlfriend to Seunghyun.  It took him a little time to realize she was asking if the bracelet belonged to Fei, and she had assumed they were together.

It was a tiny little bracelet and it was fragile and plain on the outside but very elegant up close.  There were initials on them that he had been trying to figure out.  Two of the letters were Fs and he assumed that stood for her name, but he couldn’t figure out the rest.

He had spent a lot of time during his down time at home staring at the little bracelet trying to figure out the initials, and contemplating if it was from a boyfriend or a family member.

He did know it belonged to Fei though because he had seen it on her wrist when she tried to text her boyfriend at the restaurant.

He grinned when he spotted Fei walking down the extended hall, but stopped in his track when he realized that she was not only with the members of her group, but with a few others.  Group members would cover for one another, but others might not.  Especially when they’re also idols.  People would definitely misunderstood if he approached Fei and hand her a bracelet.

He backtracked and walked into the first open door he came by.  He cursed beneath his breath when he saw that they were heading toward the room he chose as well.  He belatedly realized that they’d have to walk this way to get out of the more private exit.

He stepped behind the door and held onto the handle.  He didn’t want to think about how ridiculous it would be if he was discovered in his current location.  He reconciled himself with the fact that he’d have to take the bracelet with him again, because there’s no talking to Fei today.

“Don’t.  Just keep walking. We’re almost out.”  Seunghyun heard someone say and he found it an odd thing to say.

“That’s right keep walking,” someone taunted.  “What the hell could you do anyways with those stubby little legs?”  

Seunghyun frowned when he heard those harsh words.  Bullying?  What the hell is this?

Seunghyun peeked around the door and saw Nana, another idol that he couldn’t remember her name, and three other girls he has never seen before.  They were walking behind Fei, Jia, Min, and Suzy.  They were so close to them, that it was no wonder he mistakenly thought they were together.

He listened carefully to the words being said and his temper rose when he heard that the teasing was increasingly becoming more vulgar and heading toward xenophobic slurs.  

Having tolerated as much as he could, he stepped out from behind the door with the intention of putting an end to it.

He took a step and froze at what he saw in front of him.  When he heard an offensive term being spouted out by one of the girls Nana was with, Jia suddenly spun around, ran toward the girl, and pulled a chunk of her hair extension out.  

For a split second, everyone froze in shock, and gaped at the scene.  The girl, that looked like a dancer, began fighting Jia, who refused to back down.

He saw Fei sprint toward Jia, and desperately tried to pull her off the other girl, and Seunghyun couldn’t believe his eyes when Nana took that opportunity to pull back Fei and slapped her.

Suzy screamed and lunged toward Nana.  Min pushed herself between the two towering girls, taking the hits Suzy was throwing toward Nana, and at the same time shielding Suzy from the hits Nana was trying to return.

The scene was so surreal, that Seunghyun stood there watching in stunned silence. He finally snapped back into action when he saw one of the girls reached over and threw a slap at Suzy which landed on Min’s face.

“What the hell is going on here?!”  Seunghyun yelled.  He saw the frightened looks on all the girls’ faces, especially Nana’s and those that were with her.  Tears began to pool in Nana’s eyes and she cried.

“We were just minding our own business, and they started attacking us,” Nana quickly said.  “Thank God you’re here Sunbaenim.”

Seunghyun swallowed his immediate dislike for the girl, and her blatant lie as he approached the group.  Fei had tears in her eyes, but she was struggling to hold Jia back.  He quickly moved toward her, grabbed Jia around the waist with his left arm, and yanked her off the girl she was still fighting with.

He dragged the still kicking Jia toward Suzy, grabbed a hold of her around the waist with his right arm, and pulled her off Min, who was accidentally getting beaten up by Suzy in her effort to hold her back.  

Then he turned toward Nana, and her group who were crying and rambling on nonsense about being bullied.

Seunghyun could barely contained his disgust.  They were playing a dangerous game, because if he had not heard them with his own ears, he would have easily believed them, because of their tears and the way Jia and Suzy were still trying to fight them.

“Before you all get dehydrated from the crying,” he bellowed, “know that I was here from the beginning.  I heard everything you girls said, and I saw everything.”  Seunghyun saw the fear that entered into the five girls’ eyes.  “Know that if I hear any word whispered about what happened today, I will come forward and say exactly what I heard; the xenophobic slurs, the profanity, all of it.  Understand?”

“But Sunbae—“  Nana began.

“Do you understand?  Or must I use profanity for you to understand?”  The tone of his voice was dangerously low, but it penetrated the frustration and anger of the two girls in his arms enough for them to stop struggling and stared up at him.

Seunghyun watched as the five girls nodded in agreement, uttered apologies, then made promises that they would not say anything.

“Leave,” he ordered, then watched as they hurriedly walked toward the door.  Seunghyun continued staring at the door after they closed it.  Still having a difficult time understanding what the hell just happened.

“Unnie, she hit you,” Suzy wailed as she looked at Fei.  Seunghyun automatically let go of the young girl, uncomfortable with the crying.  He watched as Fei wrapped her arms around her and brought her into a hug.

“Are you going to let me go, or are we going to go steady soon?”  He looked to his left and realized he was still holding onto Jia.  He let her go and watched as she reached down to her pocket, and took out her phone.  He trained his attention on her because the crying was awkward for him to deal with.

He never could deal with girls crying.  In fact, now that he thinks about it Fei had been the only girl he’d seen crying that hadn’t made him want to run away as far as he could.

He slowly moved toward Jia to see why her attent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter