Chapter 1

Once Upon A Heartbreak

01: 

 

 

Waking up on a foreign bed was the last thing I expected from myself. Looking around, I found myself gaping because I had never gone too far with drinking that I ended up at someone else’s house! I found myself not , fortunately, but I was covered in just my top and underwear. Instinctively, I hugged the duvet closer and started to panic.

 

I couldn’t possible had with a stranger last night, could I?

 

It was impossible. I didn’t feel dirty or anything down there. But then I couldn’t remember a thing. Was I drugged?

 

“Don’t panic.” I reminded myself. Phone. Bag. I looked around the room again and saw my bag next to the door. Quickly, I scrambled across the room to get a hold of my stuff. The bag was wet? I frowned and immediately zipped it open. My phone wasn’t inside the bag. I took out my purse and checked everything inside. I wasn’t short of money but my remaining cash was wet. Then, I took my notebook out and cringed when it was also soaking wet. What the heck happened last night?

 

I found my phone on the desk beside the door. The house owner is probably still a student. He had lots of scattered books and papers and folders on his desk. I looked away from his stuff—or her?—no, he had a poster of Christiano Ronaldo and Sir Alex Ferguson on his wall so I’m pretty sure that he’s a dude.

 

“Soo Ae, think first, you must think very carefully.” Nothing came up and I couldn’t just stay here and play memory so I was about to call Chanyeol. My fingers automatically dialed his familiar number when suddenly I remembered.

 

‘Feelings can grow but they can go away too.’

‘I’m sorry.’

 

Right—I broke up with Park Chanyeol last night. I put down my phone and stared blankly at the floor.

 

My nose caught my scent and I almost gagged—I reeked of alcohol. That must’ve explained it. I got dead wasted last night. Memories flashed fast and I remembered crying alone in the club as people were dancing around me. Then, I crawled my way back to the bar and drank out of my own consciousness. Oh right, that man from yesterday—what was his name again?

 

“Luhan?”

 

“No, it was K something. Ken, Kelvin, K, K, K—”

 

“Kris?”

 

“Ah yes!” I clapped my hands. “Was it Kris who took me here then?”

 

“No.” I frowned. Then who else would—wait a minute—I looked up and saw the door being opened and a man wrapped only in a towel was posed nicely before me. Well, maybe not posing, he was just standing in front of me—which made my sight completely perpendicular to his…

 

Noticing my eyes down there and not looking at his face, the man scrambled a few steps away from me as I looked at my stuff to avoid any more inappropriate sights.

 

“Y-you are unbelievably very erted!” He accused, pointing at me while hiding his chest with his other hand. My eyes widened at him and I shot him back. “No, I’m not!”

 

“Yes, you are.” He argued before storming into his closet and shut the door. I sighed and raised my brows at him. If I really did him—that would be very disappointing but at least he’s good looking. I scoffed at myself and carefully put my stuff inside the bag again. Looking down on my attire, I could see that I might look quite the ert. I could still hear the man mumbling something in another language (was it Chinese?) inside the closet. When he came out, dressed in something decent, I looked away again.

 

“Excuse me, but where are my clothes?” I asked, also covering myself very timidly on the floor. I heard him clearing his throat and he threw a clean towel at me.

 

“I burnt them last night.” I immediately looked at him and saw the seriousness. I was about to fuss about it or something when he just shook his eyes and made his bed. “I have them inside the washing machine. You couldn’t possibly wear them as they were anyway. Now have a shower—”

 

“What happened last night?” I cut him. No matter how hard I tried, I still couldn’t put the puzzle pieces together. The man finished making his bed and watched as I wrapped myself with the towel he threw at me. “D-did we possibly…?” I trailed off, still couldn’t meet his eyes. I already knew the answer to it, considering how messy I looked this morning but I still need my glints of miracle.

 

“Do it? He asked, folding his arms across his chest. I took a small glance at him and found him quite amused (?) with me. “Oh yeah, we did it last night.”

 

I shut my eyes and kept my head low. I usually had an amazing self-control! All I wanted to do now is to crawl into a ball and roll into the East Sea. I heard him sighing and it made me even disgusted with myself. He appeared to regret it as much as I do.

 

“What exactly did we possible do?” He asked. My head shot up and looked at him with hope glimmering in my eyes. I shrugged—because he was the one who suddenly cut my words. “Are you out of your mind?” With that answer, I breathed out a relief sigh and wiped away my tears with the back of my hand. I didn’t do it.

 

“Do you really have no idea what happened last night?”

 

I shook my head and tightened the towel wrap around me. I could see the man getting up of his bed and walking towards me. He didn’t look scary or intimidating but you can never trust a man when you’re half . He stopped walking towards me and then squatted down to meet my eyes.

 

“Do I have to remind it to you?” He edged closer and I shut my eyes tightly.


 

“That jerk Chanyeol must’ve been a fool,” The tall man, introducing himself as Kris earlier, pouted. I looked at him with teary eyes and nodded my head. I was about to ask him how did you know about Chanyeol when his finger suddenly hushed my lips. “How could I not notice this beautiful girl sitting alone? And by the continuous curses on this Park Chanyeol guy, I assumed that you were—”

 

“That creepingyeol left me!”

 

“I see,” He nodded understandingly. “Should I make it up to you then?”

 

I raised my brows at him, still hiccupping because of the alcohol (also probably because of all the crying I did). Kris smirked and s his hand to support my back. He got the two of us up and before I knew it, I was walking along with him to his car. It was a red shiny Ferrari and I cooed at the frame. Kris, a bit tipsy himself, was struggling to look for his keys. “Kris, can you hurry up? I need to pee.”

 

“Pee here, I’ll cover you.” He gave up with his keys and leaned in to give me a hug. Laughing, I pushed him away and lightly tapped his cheek. “Fool, do you think I’m out of my mind already?” With that, we both giggled and leaned against his car.

 

“I hate men.” I rolled my eyes. Kris nudged me and pouted his lips. I hiccupped again and hugged him. “No—let me correct myself, I hate all men except from Krissss.”

 

“And I hate all woman except from Soo—Eunha?!”

 

“My name is Soo Ae.” I gave him another nudge and buried myself inside my jacket. My jeans were probably gone because suddenly I felt extra cold. “I’m Han Soo Ae—AH!” I was suddenly shoved to the side and saw a girl attacking Kris. At first, they were wrestling but eventually, I witnessed them kissing each other faces off.

 

“The is that? Where is my Chanyeol then?!”

 

“Excuse me,” A man tapped my shoulder and I turned around. A smile immediately came into my face as I buried myself into his embrace. “Chanyeol—” I purred, before everything else went blank.


 

“—with that, you passed out.”

 

And the man who I bluntly hugged before passing out last night was this guy? I looked at him and he looked back at me—definitely not amused. The more I looked at him, the more I found no resemblance to Chanyeol at all. Heck, he’s a little midget. He must’ve seen the look on my face and chuckled. “You should take a shower first. You smell like expired milk. I’ll tell you the rest of the story later.”

 

“It’s not over yet?”

 

“Are you kidding me?” He laughed as he shook his head, “We just started.”