Fall In Love Again

Fall In Love Again

"Oh My God! It's our anniversary today! I better get ready quickly." Dongwan screamed excitedly as he slammed his hand on the alarm to stop the annoying beeping sound. After a quick wash up, he was taking ages, more like forever, in his wardrobe to pick out clothes even though he is not the picky type. Clothes were piling up on the floor as he wasn't satisfied with the look and time was running out. He had so many things to do to make the perfect night. He wanted to look the best in front of his one and only love, Hyesung. Just like his name, Hyesung came into his life like a comet.

FLASHBACK

It was just an ordinary day, the sun was burning brightly in the blue sky with cool breezes occasionally brushed by. Dongwan was standing at the usual bus stop, but not at the usual time. Shinhwa was having a vacation, it was rare, so he had a break off work as well. While listening to Shinhwa's songs, Dongwan had let himself immersed in the songs as he was humming and totally believing that he can debut to be a super star. He was completely unware of his surrounding. Suddenly, someone crashed into him, he was still in a daze but s burning sensation on his chest sent a jolt to his brain. his hot coffee was spilled on him which angered Dongwan.

"Yah! Watch where you're going! What am I going to with this? Aish!!"

"I'm sorry but it's your fault for standing in the middle of the pathway. Didn't you see? Perhaps you were blind? I was running for the bus! Now I can't make it for my interview! My clothes are ruined just as bad as yours! Thanks to you. A LOT!" The other guy shouted back. Even though he was puffing out of breath, sweating like he just came out of the shower, but somehow, his hair was perfectly in place. The brown hair suited the pale skin as it gave out a glow. The other's beautiful appearance had put out the anger in Dongwan like a fire extinguisher.

"Well, you should have dodged me instead. Since your clothes are stained as well, wana come over to my place to clean it? Take it as my apology." Dongwan asked genuinely.

"Guess I should, I don't have any other plan beside the interview that you just ruined." The other guy sighed.

After the awkward bus trip, both of them had arrived at Dongwan's apartment. While opening the door, Dongwan tried to break the ice between them.

"Uhm, I don't know your name. Mine is Dongwan. I'm working at Shinhwa Company as a manager but I'm having a break now. The guys there are amazing but totally crazy as well. Especially Eric. Even thought that guy is the CEO, he is so drowned in his fourth dimension that we have to drag him back to reality by force sometimes." Dongwan giggled.

"Eric? As in Eric Mun?" The other guy gasped in surprise.

"Yeah.. You know him?"

"I guess... He was my middle school classmate. My name is Hyesung by the way."

"Hyesung? As in comet? Such an unique name."

"Yea, my parents were wishing upon a shooting star to have me so they named me comet. Your place is so clean? Do you have a girlfriend?" Hyesung was surprised at the sight of Dongwan's neat apartment even though his own apartment was just as clean.

"I just don't touch anything, that's why it is not in a mess. I don't have a girlfriend and never will. I like men." Dongwan said while casually taking off his clothes.

"You seem open about it."

"It's better to be frank about it than hiding. Others can be hurt if I lie. Take your shirt off. I have spare clothes."

"Can I use the bathroom?" Hyesung asked shyly and blushed. The sight had made Dongwan's heart skipped a beat. Hyesung was just too cute that he wanted to pin the guy's cheeks but he had to refrain himself.

"We are both men, just change here. I'm not gona attack you or anything." Dongwan jokingly replied.

"I've never changed in front of anyone. It's quite uncomfortable for me. Can you just let me use the bathroom?"

"It's there." Dongwan pointed the direction.

That was how their lives interwined, Dongwan got a hold of Hyesung's number and they started to know more about each other. Gradually, their feelings were deepened and without them knowing when, they had already fallen in love with each other. 

END FLASHBACK

At their regular restaurant

Dongwan had been waiting for this day, finally, he would be able to propose to Hyesung, Everything was planned perfectly, Hyesung just needed to arrive. The door was opened, Hyesung stepped in with his casual but gorgeous look.

"Happy anniversary, my prince! Whoops, princess I mean." Dongwan immediately ran to Hyesung and hugged him.

"Happy anniversary. Should we start our dinner?" Hyesung asked cheerfully.

Both of them had sat down to have dinner, a soft melodious song was playing in the background. After they had finished their dinner, Dongwan was getting himself ready. The waiter was bringing the cake out, as soon as the candle light up, Dongwan would propose.

At a table not so far from Dongwan's, four guys were staring intensely at the scene. They were no others but Dongwan and Hyesung's bestfriends, Dongwan had invited them to witness this blissful moment. However, their conversation was somewhat different.

"We should stop him. This can't go on!" Andy said.

"But he would be hurt. He's already hurt enough!" Junjin replied.

"I think we should stop him. This is too far and out of control." Minwoo voiced out his thought.

"I agree. Let's stop him. I can't bear to see this any longer." Eric said as he stood up.

As soon as Dongwan kneeled down and pulled out the ring, Eric stood right in front of him. Eric forcefully pulled Dongwan up and the other guys were standing behind Eric.

"Stop it already! This is way too far, Dongwanie. I'm sick of this! All of us are! Our hearts ache when we see you like this!" Eric screamed at Dongwan while grabbing his collar. The other guys nodded in agreement.

"No..." Dongwan weakly replied

FLASHBACK

"Let's break up! I love Eric, not you. I'm sorry. I was just using you to get to him." Hyesung said while interwining his fingers with Eric's. The ring that Dongwan had given him was no longer around Hyesung's finger. Dongwan imediately grabbed Eric, punched him in the face as tears swelled up his eyes.

"How can you do this to me? Was I just a play thing to both of you? Didn't you love me Hyesung? Not even a bit? I thought we were friends, Eric!!" Dongwan screamed in disbelief.

Eric quicky got back on his feet and lanched a punch. Dongwan's lips were torn, blood was dripping as they kept on beating each other. Dongwan attempted to punch Eric's stomach but Eric swiftly dodged it and counter-attacked by landing a punch on Dongwan's back. Even though his feet was unstable from the attack, Dongwan charged full force at Eric, punched his left cheek which made Eric to step back a bit. It was an intense battle, life and death situation as Dongwan was desperate and Eric was filled with anger.A/N Can't describe fighting scene well so just imagine the scene that Eric and Dongwan fought because of a burp. You know, that legendary fight :) Luckily, Hyesung stood between them to break them apart before one of the became severely injured.

"Let's just part our way." Hyesung said as he walked out while supporting Eric.

It was hell for Dongwan, he kept on bashing, smashing and trashing his apartment. Pieces of glass were all over the floor, his body was covered in scars while his mind was wondering whether Hyesung was happy by Eric's side. Not even a day Dongwan would forget about Hyesung, day by day, he found himself agonizing over his only love. Everyday, he would drink until he unconsciously dial Hyesung's number just to babble his feelings out. It had always been his habit to drunk call his ex. However, all that Dongwan received from the calls were silent and faint sobs that he was too drunk to recognise.

[Wae cheonhwa haesseo kkeutnae amu mado haji mot hal keol
Wae cheonhwa haesseo kkeutnae niga meoncheo nunmel helil keol
Wae cheonhwa haesseo wae mari oepseo ta nae chalmoshide

Why did you call, but without saying anything
Why did you call, but your tears started to flow first
Why did you call, why are you not saying anything, it's all my fault..]

On the other side of the phone, Hyesung didn't say anything, he couldn't say anything as tears were flowing out of his eyes, rolling on his cheeks. He was holding onto the phone tightly as he chest was tightened, his heart was crushed to hear Dongwan's voice. He couldn't let out his cry nor his feelings, he could only silently let tears fall. He whispered softly, almost inaudible.

"I'm sorry."

He would not regret this, this was for the best. Day after day, the same thing repeated itself, the call, the silent, the tears and the heartaches. Eric had been watching Hyesung the whole time, he had always been trying to cheer him up but nothing seemed to work. Eric was getting frustrated with his helplessness and Dongwan's carelessness. 

It was a beautiful day yet everyone was feeling empty and lifeless. Hyesung was admitted to hospital because he had a fatal heartattack. Eric was the one with him at his last moment, the others were in the waiting room and they decided to tell the truth. They couldn't bear to see Dongwan destroying himself without even knowing the reason behind Hyesung's decision. Andy dialed Dongwan's number.

"Hyung, come to Seoul Hospital now. We are sorry for lying to you but you better come now." Andy said through the phone.

Dongwan was running up the stairs of the hospital with all his might, he couldn't wait for the elevator. His instinct told him that something terribly horrible was awaiting him but he didn't back off. As soon as he reached the waiting room, Eric confronted him. Eric dropped a ring onto Dongwan's hand and whispered to his ear.

"Hyesung had always loved you. He knew he couldn't be with you so he left you early. I'm sorry. It was his wish to deceive you." Eric patted Dongwan's shoulder but Dongwan had already fallen to his knees. He didn't know anything about hyesung's illness. He was clueless yet he had blamed Hyesung for leaving. He even doubted Hyesung's love without knowing the hardship Hyesung was going through. He wasn't even there to support Hyesung. He didn't know anything, nothing at all. Dongwan cried. He cried until his throat gave up, no voice or sound was audible. He cried until his tears could no longer fall. He couldn't accept it, he couldn't give Hyesung any happy memories before he pass away. It was all his fault for being careless, for being dense. Since then, Dongwan had been living in regret.

END FLASHBACK

"Hyesung had passed away long ago. you have to accept it. Stop acting like he is still here." Eric screamed.

"Think for Hyesung as well, he didn't want you to be like this. I'm sure he wanted you to be happy instead of living in delusions." Minwoo tried to bring some senses back to Dongwan.

"We are here for you. We are your brothers, lean on us. We all have hard times but with others' supports, we can move on. Believe in us." Junjin said as he grabbed Dongwan's hand tightly.

"Trust us, aren't we family? Hyesung-hyung didn't put on an act for nothing. You should be happy so that he can happily watch over you." Andy gently patted Dongwan's shoulder.

"I think you guys are right. Should I go on a vacation to clear my mind?" Dongwan gave in, he didn't want to be pestered anymore.

"Sound like a good idea. We should go to the snow together!" Minwoo excitedly suggested.

"Urgh, I want to go on a trip alone." Dongwan rejected the group vacation but going to the snow was not a bad idea.

One week later

Dongwan was on top of a snow mountain, gazing at the white scenery in front of him. The night sky was beautiful with twinkling stars that reminded him of Hyesung's eyes. Snow resort was his and Hyesung's favourite place for winter afterall. Memories were flooding into his mind as he was about to skii dowm.

Loving Hyesung was no drama, no overload of romance but natural fondness that had been built up little by little. everything was just an ordinary love that most people have. Hyesung's small actions everyday had made me fall deeper for him. Every morning, I would be woken up by the bittersweet scent of coffee that Hyesung made. He smile gently at me with a "good morning" which always made my day brighter. Both of us disliked excessive skinship but he would sneaked a hug sometimes and it felt damn right. His hugs were always warm and soft. His random humming before sleep had became my lullaby. Slowly, he had became a habit, a part of my everyday life. I didn't miss crazily for every hour but his presence had to be there for my day to be completed. Loving him wasn't intense, it wans't burning passionately but somewhat mellow, calming and gentle. Just like it had always been there. He had once asked me to compare my love and I said it was like water. Some find it plain and tasteless but to me, it's an unique taste that I can tell straight away. It's nothing fancy but truthful and down to earth. He was like water, I can't live without him, without his ordinary presence.

Dongwan had taken his jackets off, only wearing an undershirt, he skiied down while screaming.

"I love you, Hyesungie!"

He fell into the snow, it was cold, extremely cold.The cold was biting into his skin yet his heart felt warm. The snow had embraced him, a soft embrace just like Hyesung's. Not so much longer, he would reunite with his love.

"Uri dashi saranghae yahae, Hyesungie. Let's us fall in love again, in the after life. I missed you so much already."

 

 

 

Here's another one-shot, the chaptered fic has to wait until my exams are overed. This fic is based on Haruharu and Why did you call, pretty sad isnt it :(( Anyway, please comment to tell me whether my writing has improved or not :)