Choice

Not Here, Not Now.

         Jinki was crosslegged on the floor, mumbling to himself about the microphone Kibum had laid down. Taemin had made it earlier, and Jinki was fasinated with the crumbled up foil. Minho gazed at the older man, noticing how he bit his pink lower lip in frustration. Kibum had gone to bed, and with Taemin and Jonghyun still out with their dates, he was alone with their leader. His black hair hung over his eyes, which he kept trying to blow out of the way.

          Minho knew that the older man was frustrated, not just because he couldn't unwrap the foil, but because he wasn't picked by any of the Noonas. Even when he had tried his hardest. He knew that Jinki wasn't necessarily sad, but he was tired. He could see that in the older man's beautiful eyes. Minho shook his head, and tried to change his attention away from the other man. He flipped through the channels, too quickly to really see what was on, but it was an easy distraction. Jinki hmphed across the room, making Minho glance at him. He was banging the microphone against the floor, denting it more than really unwrapping it. Minho couldn't help but smile at the childish action. Was he really the oldest of them all?

          Minho noticed the soccer game on TV, but even soccer couldn't take his attention away from the other man. Jinki threw the toy microphone across the room, it smashing against the wall and landing with a sound plop. Jinki gave Minho a small smile, before playing with the hem of his pajama pants. He's adorable and so beautiful, Minho thought to himself. He then shook his head with wide eyes, What am I even saying? Though Minho knew it was pointless.

           The other man was beautiful, and adorable, and sweet. Minho shook his head. He shouldn't be thinking about his Hyung in that way. He was his Hyung and bandmate, not something to stare at, but he still found himself getting up and walking over to the thrown microphone. He quietly sat next to Jinki, close enough that their shoulders, and knees touched. He pulled back the foil, Jinki's curious eyes on the younger man, before handing it to Jinki.

          "Here Hyung." Jinki smiled with childish glee. "Just rewrap it like you found it before Kibum or Taemin find it." Jinki nodded excitedly, his eyes focused on the foil. " You don't mind that I sit here with you, do you?" Jinki looked up at him unexpectantly, a slight blush on his cheeks (which he prayed Minho didn't notice) and he smiled slightly.

      "No, I don't. I'd um, love the company." He smiled fully, before playing nudging the younger man. "You are always so shy."

        Minho looked at his hands,"Well not everyone can be just naturally alluring as you can Hyung." He blushed and cursed himself when he realized what he had said. He glanced up at Jinki, who pretended not to hear it, but his eyes told a totally different story.

       Jinki coughed gently, before trying to bite a little piece of foil off. Minho just laughed, until he heard his Hyung swore, and he saw that he had cut his lip. He reached over, and with the end of his sleeve, he wiped the blood off Jinki's lip. Jinki stared back at him with wide, curious eyes. They both blushed as Minho moved his hand away.

        Jinki put his attention back on the microphone, trying not to embarress himself further in front of Minho. He tried not to notice the younger man's dark eyes looking at him, or how beautiful he was, especially when he smiled. But he had felt the younger man's intense gaze on him from across the room, which was one reason why he tried to hide his face with his hair. He really didn't want Minho to see him blushing.

     Minho didn't know what came over him. Maybe it was the touch of the other man's shoulder against his own, or how their hands brushed when he handed Jinki the mic, or how the other man stared into his eyes with such sweet innocent intensity, but it made Minho's heart melt. He got up onto his knees, using Jinki's shoulder as support, before leaning into him. His lips touched against the elder's ear, as he whispered deep and slow, "I want you to know, that if I had been given the choice today, or any of the previous, I would have picked you. I will always pick you." Jinki blushed at the words, his fingers pausing on the foil. Then his breath hitched when he felt Minho's soft lips press gently on his temple, before said man stood up and walked away. Presumely to bed.

     Jinki's temple burned with the memory of Minho's lips, and his shoulder with his touch, but it was his heart that felt most of the burning intensity. It was then that the younger man began to hold a special place in Jinki's heart. Jinki looked toward the direction Minho had gone, to see him standing in the doorway, looking back with a smile on his face. He waved goodbye before turning around into the bedroom, where Kibum was snoring up a storm.

"I will always choose you too." Jinki stated softly to the now empty doorway.

The younger man around the corner silently smiled. His heart felt like it was about to explode, but he loved the feeling.