03 Jimin

Kiss or Kill: Halloween Special

POV: New OC Character, Song Minjoo. She is Jimin's neighbor.


“Jimin?” your eyes widened as you opened your front door after hearing multiple doorbell rings.

Park Jimin had been your next-door neighbor over the past year, ever since you had moved into the apartment complex. Everyone knew who he was since he was always so kind-hearted and good-looking. The ahjummas and ahjussis were always asking him to help while the girls always crushed on him. He was really quite famous.

Jimin grinned as he made his way into your apartment without asking and fell back upon the sofa against the wall, “Yo! Long time no see Minjoo. Can I come in?”

Closing the door behind you, you rolled your eyes as you folded your arms across your chest, “Why are you asking? You’re already inside, aren’t you?”

“Still as cold as ever?” Jimin sighed and shook his head, pretending to feel sorry for you, “Why can’t you be cute like a normal girl? Even Yujin’s trying to be cute these days!”

You had heard much about Yujin and Jungkook from Jimin and from the rest of the kids at school. They had been the center of attention for awhile now and news was always spreading about them. Sometimes, you even heard about rumors regarding her friend, Yuki, and Jimin’s friend, Jin. When you saw Yuki around school, you'd ask her about the rumors about her and if it made her upset that they were being spread. She would, however, tell you that she didn't care because her dream of having a boyfriend like Jin had come true.

“So what if I’m not cute?” you asked, “It’s not like I’m going to change who I am for them. If they like me, then they’ll have to like me the way I am.”

The reason Jimin had all the girls at his bidding was because he had the knack of sweet-talking them all. He would tell them how pretty they were or how cute they were. Since you only realized this after a few weeks of knowing him, you couldn’t deny there was a time when you really did fall for his charms. Now that you know what his true personality was like, you had long ago decided to abandon those feelings. It had been somewhat successful – there were times when you could feel those emotions threatening to come back.

That was why Jimin’s presence at your house was a dangerous thing. What if he really did end up sparking those feelings you had spent so long to try to get rid of? Maybe you had to be colder to him. If you were cold to him, then he wouldn’t do anything to capture your attention again, right?

“That’s what I like about you,” he grinned, “You’re honest. I like that in a girl.”

You shrugged the compliment off and then walked over to him, trying to pull him up from the sofa, “Come on. I’m trying to prepare dinner! You need to go back anyways, right? Why were you even here?”

Unfortunately for you, another charming point about Jimin was his strength. Though you tried to pull him to his feet, you found yourself unable to do so. Frowning a bit, you gave him an unsatisfied look.

Jimin gave you a wide innocent smile, “I may have gotten locked out of my apartment again, so I’ll be staying here for the time being. The locksmith isn’t available until tomorrow.”

Your jaw dropped, “You’re staying here again? Park Jimin, can you be even more clumsy? Why are you always locking yourself out of your house?”

It was just like Jimin to be so careless that forced him to invite himself over to another person’s house. He had always been like this since he had always believed everyone loved him so much that it was impossible to say no to his wishes.

"I'm not sure," Jimin shook his head, chuckling, “...But if you don’t let me stay over… then maybe I should tell everyone about the fact that you came into the boys’ locker room on the first day of school and saw me half-?”

Your eyes widened as your cheeks reddened, “That was an accident! I-I thought it was the girls’ locker room! I had forgotten my glasses and – ”

“I don’t think people will believe you though,” Jimin laughed, leaning back on the sofa, “I mean, all the girls would kill to see me in a situation like that. They wouldn’t think you were any different, would they?”

A bit of annoyance began to come onto you when you realized that his words were actually true. You couldn’t believe this was happening – and to think you actually had a crush on him when you first met him. In reality, he was a little devil! He just puts up an image in front of others. Or perhaps he was just different with you? You didn’t know.

All you could think about was how this should not be happening. You really had the worst luck in the world. You had a flirtatious neighbor who had to forget his house key and blackmail you to stay over at your house. What did you ever do to deserve all of this?

Your thoughts came to an end the moment Jimin opened his mouth, breaking the silence once more, “Minjoo, I’m hungry!”

***

“Are you really that hungry?” you blinked as you saw Jimin digging rapidly into the dinner you prepared, stuffing his mouth with food.

You couldn’t help but laugh a little to yourself as you watched him eat. After a moment of gazing at him, you began to eat too. Hunger had settled in your stomach as well. As you ate, you could feel his pair of eyes on you as well, just like yours was on him.

A sudden self-conscious feeling began to form and you found yourself unable to make any large gestures or say anything. However, when you did try to break the silence, Jimin reached over and wiped the corner of your lips with his fingers.

“Such a messy eater,” he teased lightly.

Your face flamed up in embarrassment as you heard his blunt choice of words, “…Oh be quiet! Besides, you could’ve just told me I was making a mess and I could’ve handled it myself!”

However, Jimin seemed to disregard your response, “Just be glad I only used my finger. I could have it off, you know?”

Choking on the rice you had just placed into your mouth, you had to look away to allow your long hair to hide the red tint on your cheeks, “…You’re joking, right?”

He shrugged lightly and then placed the empty bowl and his pair of chopsticks on the table before heading over to the couch where he flipped on the television. You sat there, dumbfounded. Jimin really felt different today, but you couldn’t exactly pinpoint how he was different.

He had always said things like this to you, but today, it didn’t seem as playful as it was before. Perhaps, you were just imagining it?

Cleaning up the table after you snapped back to reality, you headed over to see what Jimin was watching on TV. He leaned far enough backwards, so he could look up at you. Your eyes widened in horror when you realized it was a scary movie.

A creature popped up out of nowhere in an instant and you practically screamed, falling backwards onto the ground.

Jimin burst into laughter as he turned off the TV and glanced over at you, “You alright?”

You narrowed your eyes at him and then threw a cushion at his face, huffing in disapproval, “This isn’t funny! That scared me! What were you even watching? Do you want to give me nightmares? I swear I’m going to kick you out of my house and make you live on the streets!”

The boy just grinned and leaned a bit closer towards you, his voice getting a bit quieter, “But you would never do that. Don’t think I don’t know about your little crush on me.”

Your eyes shot open as you gave him a look of disbelief, “…What are you talking about?”

Your speech got slower as you could feel your heartbeat racing once more. How did he know about something like that? You’ve never told a single living soul!

“I bet you’re wondering why I know something like that,” Jimin smiled, “Truth is, I know a lot about you. I know the classes you take, the animals you love, your hobbies, your interests, your favorite color, food, season, and more. Minjoo, I – “

“...What is this?” you cut him off in the middle of his speech, “…What kind of joke is this?”

Your voice shook as you gazed into his eyes with a hurt expression. You knew Jimin was the kind of boy who got all the girls he wanted while you were just another one of them, unimportant. Here you were, trying your hardest to forget about him and the doomed love that you had for him and he just had to say something would make you think he was interested in you when you knew that it was impossible..

That was just cruel. It only seemed like he was playing with your feelings all this time.

Jimin saw the hurt expression you gave him and opened his mouth to say something, but before he could, you had got up and rushed to your bedroom, closing the door behind you and locking it to make sure Jimin couldn’t get in.

"Song Minjoo!" he called, knocking on the door, "Minjoo, please open the door!"

You didn't reply. You didn't want to see him. You didn't want to face him at all, ever. You wanted to disappear. Was it so entertaining to play with your feelings like that? You hated him for doing that.

Jimin, realizing that you were no longer responding, placed a hand on the door, speaking to you from the hallway, "You don't get it do you? Knowing you, you probably think I'm some jerk that intentionally hurt you, right? I get it, but, don't you know me enough to know that I'm not this kind of person?"

Your eyes fell upon the door that Jimin was behind as you opened your mouth, speaking with a shaking voice, "Then why do you know this much about me when I'm just a neighbor? Why rub it in my face? Why tell me this clearly that I'm in love with you? It makes it sound like something you're joking about, you know? It hurts, Jimin, and you don't even see it..."

Was this amount of pain the same kind that Yujin had felt when Jungkook misunderstood her at the hospital? Was this the amount of pain that Yujin ahd felt when she was pouring out her emotions into the songs she wrote for B.A.P? You couldn't even begin to imagine.

Before you knew it, tears had begun to stream down your cheeks. Right. This was how much you had fallen in love with Jimin.

"...Open this door, Minjoo. There's something I have to tell you."

You didn't hesitate, "Go away."

"Song Minjoo," he stated once more, more serious than he sounded before.

Hearing the change of tone in Jimin's voice, you were a bit hesitant to open the door. The change you heard made you curious as to what he wanted to say, so slowly, you opened the door a bit. As you looked through the crack in the door, your eyes widened as you saw him holding out his apartment keys.

"Didn't you say you locked yourself out of your apart– " you began to say in disbelief before Jimin cut you off.

"I lied," he stated bluntly, "I've always lied."

You gave him a puzzled look, "... I don't understand."

"I needed an excuse to come see you. I wanted to be with you, but I didn't know how to do that. I've always watched you from afar. That's why I know so much about you. I'm not as experienced as you'd think when it comes to love and when it's to someone you don't care much about, it's easy to say things that I don't mean, but when it comes to you, I don't know what to say. I don't even know how to act! It makes me seem so weak. My heart, even now..."

He reached over and took your hand, placing it upon his chest above his heart where you were able to feel the beating of his heart which was going as fast as yours did whenever he said or did something that made you embarrassed or made your heart flutter.

"It's... like mine," you whispered to yourself in surprise.

Jimin coughed a bit awkwardly as you saw the redness creeping upon his cheeks, "I... I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I... I love you Song Minjoo."

Words could not express how surprised you felt in that moment and how surreal it felt. Did the boy that you've had a crush on in the past few months really just confess to you? You were speechless, but even more so, you felt your heart race once more out of pure joy.

When you didn't reply him immediately, Jimin covered his face with one of his hands, mumbling to himself, "...This is so lame. What am I even doing?"

Finally, you broke the awkward silence with a soft laugh as you wiped your eyes a bit, "You idiot. Image isn't everything, you know? But it doesn't matter. I've always loved you for who you are – doesn't matter if you're being this uncool."

The moment he heard you say those words, he pulled his hands away from his face and gazed into your eyes, "That means – "

"Yes," you gave him a small, slightly embarrassed, smile, "...My feelings haven't changed."

You could physically see Jimin's eyes light up as he immediately came forward and embraced you in his arms. It was clear that he thought you had lost you and the relief he felt now was immense. After pulling away suddenly, he leaned in and pressed his lips upon yours; all you could hear, see, feel, touch, and smell was Jimin.

It literally felt like he was your world.

In that instant, the feelings you had tried to hold back for so long finally intensified and became free.

Yuki was right.

Dreams do come true.