07 V

Kiss or Kill: Halloween Special

POV: New OC, Park Dahae. She is a girl who just so happens to look very similar to Lee Yujin.


Everyone was talking in the hallway in whispers as you stared at the boy standing before you. You found yourself unable to say a word since you knew that you were in the wrong. You continuously heard each person whispering the same thing over and over again – Park Dahae used V’s guitar. You had used V’s guitar. Everyone knew that V hated it when people touched his things – his guitar especially. To be completely honest, you didn’t know it was his. All you saw was a beautiful instrument sitting by the windowsill and you had the urge to use it.

“It was you, wasn’t it?” V’s eyes narrowed at you.

You automatically bowed down at a right angle and then squeaked, “Sorry! I didn’t know – I mean, it won’t happen again!”

Your semi-wavy hair flowed down when you bowed and when you found the confidence to raise your head to look at V, an unfamiliar expression came across his eyes. It didn’t seem like he was harboring negative feeling towards you or any kind of resent for touching his belongings which was quite odd. His eyes glanced at you and left you speechless. Just like that, people began to whisper again.

“What’s your name?” the boy immediately asked without changing his expression.

You were surprised to hear him ask such a question, but you replied him nevertheless, “…Park Dahae.”

You saw him mumbling something under his breath before he cleared his throat and then turned around. With his back facing you, he stated once more, “Next time, don’t touch my stuff.”

What really intrigued you was that when he stated that so-called warning of his, he didn’t sound ill-intentioned like he usually did. Instead, he seemed to be a bit more relaxed this time and you didn’t know why. The look in his eyes was a bit different as well. Were popular boys like him always so strange?

You gently laughed to yourself a bit and decided to stop thinking about this. You were lucky that V didn’t get that angry with you like he did with the others. It was as if he didn’t care that much when you did it – he did seem quite calm this time.

As you reached for you locker to place your books in, you paused, “…He didn’t accept my apology, did he? Maybe he is still mad after all?”

***

“Hello?” you poked your head into the music room that used to be Bangtan property.

Now that the Bangtan Fan Club leaders had been arrested and the fan club dispersed, the Bangtan rules were no longer effective. There were still some people who still followed the rules, but now, no one would come after you if you broke on. Sometimes, you felt sorry for Lee Yujin for actually taking up the Fan Club. Rumors had it that they were quite dangerous.

Scanning your eyes around the room, you found V asleep in the corner of the room, the guitar in his lap. Since the boy was sleeping, the guitar was not held properly in his hands and you were afraid that he was going to drop and damage his treasure. However, you were conflicted if you were allowed to take the guitar from him and place it on the table. You did just get on his bad side earlier that day.

At that moment, V shifted in his sleep and you saw the guitar sliding down slowly from his lap, so you ran for it without thinking, catching it in the nick of time as it fell.

You smiled to yourself, sighing in relief, “Safe.”

As if all the luck in the world had left you, that one word caused V to wake up, “It’s you again?”

Your eyes widened as you heard his voice and then you turned your attention to his guitar in your hands, “…Why does this always happened to me?” you mumbled, huffing gently as you stood up to face him, handing his guitar back to him.

V raised an eyebrow at you, “Care to explain why you’re touching my guitar again?”

“It was going to fall!” you replied immediately, “You were asleep so I thought I’d help you set it aside, but then… you woke up.”

“Quite the coincidence isn’t it?” he asked, still suspicious of you as if he thought you were going to steal it or something of the sort.

Pursing your lips together, you stared at him with a displeased look. You were honestly trying to help him from keeping his guitar from falling onto the ground and breaking. If anything, he should have been thanking you!

Shoving the guitar back in his hands, you mumbled with slight annoyance, “Here. Take it. I don’t want it. And to think I was trying to do something good for you.”

Taking the guitar from you, V blinked a couple of times before a soft chuckle escaped his lips, “Something good for me, huh?”

Again, you were surprised by V’s sudden change in behavior. Was the boy really bipolar? One second he seemed so cold and unapproachable, but then the next second, he laughs and everything seems okay again. It was sort of causing quite the conflict – should you treat him like a friend or not?

“Trying to,” you corrected him, “but I’m pretty sure I failed since you still seem to doubt me a lot. I mean, it’s not like I was trying to take it! I just wanted to see how to play it or something.”

A small pause passed and then V gestured for you to come by him to the seat that was pulled across from him. You gave him a strange look but proceeded to the seat and sat down. Then, the unexpected happened. V actually willingly handed you his guitar.

Your eyes widened as you pulled back immediately, “What tricks are you pulling now?”

“No tricks,” he stated as he took your hands and placed his guitar in them, “Now hold on to my guitar or you’ll end up having to buy me another.”

Still questioning his intentions, you took hold of the guitar and strummed the strings once due to habit, “Alright, I got it. Why did you hand me this again?”

V just grinned and helped move your fingers on the strings, “Now press down here with one hand and strum. This is a G-chord.”

“You’re teaching me?” your voice became soft with surprise, “With your guitar?”

V just continued to help make your other hand strum the strings, “Are you going to do as I say or will I have to make you strum the strings myself?”

You didn’t exactly respond to him immediately. Instead, you continued to stare at him, wondering if he was actually being serious.  This V was actually quite different than the V you heard about. The V you knew through rumors would never allow anyone to use his guitar. He was only nice to the people he cared about, but never strangers that he meets for the first time. This was all too strange for you and you couldn’t deny you had doubts about his intentions.

Before you knew it, V had got up and came up beside you, wrapping his arms around your sides and literally guiding your fingers to help you strum the G-chord, “Here, like this.”

Your face flamed red due to the interaction, “KIM TAEHYUNG!”

It was definitely not an everyday thing for a boy like V to be so close with a girl like you. You didn’t understand why this was all happening – if there was a reason at all.

“Tae… hyung?” was his slow, surprised response, “You know my real name?”

“Of course,” you replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, “Doesn’t everyone?”

He shook his head, gently laughing at your blunt reply, “Actually, it’s not that well-known at this school. There have only been one or two people who have known my real name that I know of so far. You’d be the second. I’m always ‘V’ the school Kingka – nothing else, ever.”

That actually surprised you more than anything else he said that day. You always took the knowledge of his name for granted. Usually people remember real names, so it was unusual for people not to know V’s real name.

“That’s kind of sad,” you mumbled to yourself, “for so little people to know the real you.”

V just shrugged with a small smile, “What can I do, right? Now come on, I’m trying to teach you how to play this. You wanted to learn, right?”

You nodded, “I do. So what strings do I press down again?”

As V began to show you the different chords and notes of the guitar, you found yourself drowning out everything in your surroundings. Your mind focused on him completely and the two of you were almost like you were in your own little world. The two of you even decided to hold little guitar lessons after school every day which led you to spending immense amounts of time with V. You didn’t mind at all – you liked the boy. He made you feel at ease all the time and that was the most important thing to you. He really wasn’t as bad as you had heard him to be.

“Dahae!” your friend, Minjoo ran up to you in the hallway, “Heading off to find V again?”

You nodded, “Did you need something?”

By the look of her expression, you knew that she wanted something. The way her eyes were shining and the way her lips curved into a smile, there was no doubt that she needed a favor.

“Could you lend me your notes in class?” she smiled innocently, “…I may have fallen asleep in class today.”

You rolled your eyes in amusement and then pulled out a notebook in your bag, “Take it. Give it back to me as soon as you’re done, alright? I do need to study.”

“Thank you! You’re a lifesaver,” she laughed and hugged the book to her chest, “You really are amazing.  By the way, be careful when you’re around V, alright? I heard something today and I don’t want you to get hurt.”

That made you hesitate, “…What do you mean?”

“Dahae,” she began, “Have you noticed how close you resemble Lee Yujin, the girl that’s going out with Jungkook?”

You had never thought about looking like anyone else before, so you had to pause and think about what the girl looked like. Sure enough, you could see the resemblance. The two of you had the same wavy brown hair and the same eyes. Your fashion styles were similar as well, so you could see why someone could say the two of you looked like.

“What about it?” you asked, nodding.

Minjoo bit her lip a bit before she took a deep breath and stated, “V fell for Lee Yujin a month ago, but he gave her up to Jungkook because he knew that was who she loved. I’m afraid that V may only be treating you special because you look like the one he once loved.”

You didn’t fully know why, but when you heard that part of V’s life, you felt your heart stop. Could it have been true? It was suffocating to even consider the possibility.

***

“…Are you okay?” V frowned when he saw your uneasy expression when you arrived in the music room later that day, “Are you sick?”

He reached forward to feel your forehead, but you jerked back on instinct. You really couldn’t tell what was right and what was wrong anymore. You couldn’t even think straight.

V took your retreat from his touch as a sign of you being sick and reached for your hand, “Come on. Let’s get you to the infirmary?”

“I’m not sick,” you replied to reassure him, but the tone of your voice didn’t seem quite right to him either.

“Let me feel your forehead then,” he stated, but you shook your head.

There wasn’t a need for him to. Now that you were thinking about what Minjoo had said earlier, you couldn’t help but feel uneasy about everything involving V. As you recalled the music sessions you had with him, you remembered how it all started. V had taken one look at you and his attitude changed 180-degrees. It was almost as if he saw Yujin in you and then immediately treated you nicely because he loved her. However, Yujin wasn’t you. You weren’t anything like her. To treat you the same as her just due to your looks was just cruel – it wasn’t fair to you.

“Hey,” V’s voice softened, “What’s wrong?”

What was wrong? Why did you care so much? It wasn’t all that clear to you, but you did know for a fact that V was really seriously driving a stake through your heart. Was this what it feels like to be betrayed or lied to?

Your voice was barely audible, “Nothing is wrong. I just… I just came here to say that I can’t come here anymore.”

However, that didn’t seem right either. The feeling of betrayal and being lied to was something you had felt before and it was definitely different from this. It didn’t hurt as much; it didn’t even compare.

“Don’t lie to me,” V replied, his voice suddenly turning serious.

“I’m not lying – “ you had begun to say, but he interrupted you.

“You are,” he stated as he reached forward and wiped your cheek with his thumb, “See this? These are tears. It’s what you get when you are extremely saddened.”

You raised your arms to wipe the tears from your eyes with your sleeves, “…Those aren’t tears. My eyes are just watering because there is something in it and – “

As you continued to try and make excuses, it only seemed to displease V. His expression seemed to only grown more upset and then finally he just sighed, “…Would you please just tell me what’s wrong? I don’t want to guess.”

You slowly picked up your gaze from the ground and the met eyes with him. You finally noticed something that had been unconsciously bothering you for the longest time. He had never once addressed you by your name. Could it have been because he was trying to create the illusion you were Lee Yujin?

“…What’s my name?” you asked, barely a whisper.

It was then V’s eyes almost lit up in realization on what was happening. He finally understood why you seemed so upset.

“You heard about my past, didn’t you?” he asked.

A slight nod came from you in response, “Is it true?”

“It’s true,” he finally stated after a long pause, “And I will admit that I first got close to you because you did remind me of Yujin. I really did love her. My mind had always been filled with her and sometimes, I regret that I practically handed her to my best friend.”

The moment you heard those words, you could feel the urge to break out in tears heighten. You didn’t want to hear something like that. You didn’t want him to confirm Minjoo’s suspicions. Those words hurt as bad as torture. A knife through the heart may have even been better than this. It only took you a few minutes to figure out what you were exactly feeling and when you did, you realized that you didn't want to be near V. Being near V would only make the feeling worse. He was the source of it after all.

“…I have to go,” was your immediate response, but he stopped you.

So this was how painful it feels to love. You have to say, you weren't exactly a big fan.

“It’s different now,” he suddenly clarified, “I know you’re not her. The two of you are as different as night and day, but… I don’t mind. I like you as yourself, Park Dahae. I have never once gotten the two of you mixed up.”

Your eyes widened as you heard those words spoken from V’s lips. That had been what you wanted to hear all along. You wanted to know that he had actually been seeing you as you and not some other girl. Being mistaken for another person is one of the most hurtful things that could happen to someone – especially if it is done by someone they loved.

“…V,” you could feel the tears stop and you rubbed your eyes once more with your sleeves.

He really knew what the right things to say were. It seemed like he always knew what you were thinking since he could read you so easily. He made you feel special as if everything you did was of value. When the two of you would learn to play the guitar together, he would always guide you every step of the way without ever losing patience. When he was teaching you, you could have sworn he was radiating light as bright as the sun’s.

“I wanted to say this later, but maybe I should tell you now before you misunderstand,” V began to say, rubbing the back of his neck a bit while averting his gaze a bit, “…I’ve – “

Before V could finish that sentence, you reached over and placed your palms against his cheeks, with a sheepish smile. Then, you proceeded and pecked his lips gently and pulled away with a shade of deep red appearing on your cheeks.

I love you.”

You could almost see V’s shyness appear in that moment, but it was quickly covered when he raised his arm and covered a portion of his face with it, “…Idiot. What was that for?”

A soft laugh came from you, “…I wanted to say it first?”

“You really are Park Dahae,” he chuckled softly, “Fine, have it your way, but I get to be the one to show you what a real kiss is like.

Your eyes widened at his sudden proposal, but you didn’t get a chance to say anything else for he had lowered his head to meet your eyes and captured your lips in a gentle kiss, nipping at your bottom lip. With a kiss as delicate as this one, you could feel yourself weakening at his touch.

You’ve never once thought that hearing some four words would bring you so much bliss. You’ve never once thought you’d be so happy for someone to know your name. You’ve never once thought you were going to end up with Kim Taehyung.

“This isn’t a dream, is it?”

“If it is, then I hope it never ends.”

“I love you, Kim Taehyung.”

“I love you, Park Dahae.”


A/N: Finally, I finished all the oneshots! Sorry I didn't update yesterday like I was supposed to -- I suddenly got a horrible headache and some stomach pains or something. I was in really bad shape tbh. I tried to type the story, but... yeah. it didn't really work out that well. Lol. Anyways, as usual, I just want to say I really love you guys for reading my stories! 사랑해요