BATTLE 42

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Na Mi and Dong Hae started getting closer, Se Ri gave her a threat, saying she better think of her actions before doing them because something might happen to her. And Na Mi, being unaware of Se Ri’s capabilities, didn’t take it seriously. That was until she found out that in our final examinations, someone had switched her paper with a blank paper. And even though the teacher gave her a chance to take the test again because it was impossible for someone to submit a blank sheet of paper, the fact that Na Mi had to study again and had to take a different, much harder test made her realize how hard Se Ri was willing to do for Dong Hae’s affection.

But it wasn’t only her who realized that. I did too. And that was why as soon as I got to school today, I was so alert with my surroundings that even the sound of footsteps made me turn to see who it could be and if that person was carrying something that might harm me. You could only imagine how I reacted when Na Mi suddenly pounced at me from behind.

“Okay, so I was expecting you to act surprised but not that much.” She remarked upon seeing me jump back instead of my usual head nod. “What’s up? Why are you so jumpy today? And why weren’t you answering my call last night?”

Unfortunately, I didn’t tell Na Mi that Dong Hae had my cell phone. I was afraid that if I did, she’d think something bad happened and start getting mad at me again. But that didn’t stop me from worrying about the chances of Na Mi or Kyu Hyun calling me and end up talking to Dong Hae. I thought they’d have an awkward conversation. However, it looked like Dong Hae handled that differently from my expectation. I wondered why. “Oh, that’s because I was in the bathroom.” I made up an excuse.

“Really? But I called you a couple more times and you still wouldn’t pick up.” She found a loophole in my reason.

“Is that so? That’s probably because I was taking a shower. You know how long it takes for me to do that.” I replied, still sticking to my lie. And for some reason, I wished Dong Hae just answered her call so I wouldn’t be in this situation. After all, I never could lie to her, she would always catch me. but if I told her the truth, she might side with Dong Hae again and scold me for not being careful.

She raised her brow at me. “You took a shower at 11pm?” she asked, totally unconvinced.

I opened my mouth to explain when Dong Hae’s phone started ringing, causing me to bring it out of my pocket. It was Dong Hae calling me, the name ‘wifey’ flashing as it rang. I answered it, having no choice. “Hello?”

“Where are you?” he asked in reply.

As I listened to Dong Hae’s voice, I noticed Na Mi’s jaw drop in surprise. I tried not to think about it for a moment. “Why do you want to know?” I asked him.

“Because I’m going there, remember? You’re on probation.” He remarked simply.

Frowning though he couldn’t see me, I answered him without enthusiasm. “I’m a few steps away from my locker.”

He hanged up after that so I placed the phoe back inside my pocket. Na Mi finally spoke up. “Yah, did you change your phone to match Dong Hae’s, or is that really his?” she asked, wide-eyed.

Seeing no point in lying now, I answered her truthfully. “It’s Dong Hae’s.” I said. Then, before she could ask why I had it, I continued with an explanation, leaving out the probation. “He asked me to switch phones with him. That’s the reason why I couldn’t answer your call.”

I really expected her to be upset by that, considering Dong Hae, her ex-boyfriend, wouldn’t answer her calls. But after a second’s worth of a hurt expression, she turned excited. “That’s so swee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter