BATTLE 11

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So many questions were formulated in my mind as I held Na Mi’s note, and no matter what I did, I just couldn’t stop them. Why would Na Mi and Se Ri talk about me? Was it because they were going to plot something against me? Did Na Mi have something to do with the past plans I had that backfired? And the biggest question of all was, why would Na Mi do something like that to me?

As I sat through detention with a couple of unfamiliar students, I just couldn’t get myself together. I wanted to go home and talk to Na Mi to clear things up. And so, my eyes were only focused on the clock on the wall, hoping that the minutes just lasted for seconds. But unfortunately, it felt like it lasted for hours.

When the bell finally rang, everyone hurried out of their seats and left the room. See, the school was only open until 5:30pm and it was already 5pm. Everyone didn’t want to get locked inside for the night so you could just imagine how rushed everyone was. And believe it or not, I was even twice as fast since I wanted to confront Na Mi badly. In a matter of five minutes, I was already half\way towards home.

However, when I reached out doorstep, I remembered something. I opened my bag all of a sudden and checked for my Physics book. We had an assignment that was due tomorrow and since the teacher was an old widow, it was a big no-no not to do it. But how could I do it when I forgot to place my Physics book inside my bag? I had to go back to the school and get it.

Lucky that the school and my home were near to each other, I was able to reach the school still open. I didn’t waste any time and just hurried to my locker. The hallways were already deserted and silent that I wasn’t used to it. In fact, it almost felt scary. There were rumors before that our school was once a morgue and the school was just built over it. For that reason, when it was starting to get dark, the school would become haunted with ghosts.

“Ghosts are not real.” I whispered to myself as I opened my locker and took my Physics book.

Suddenly, I heard a sound coming from a nearby classroom. It sounded like a chair being moved. My heart began to race as I remembered that there was no one besides me in the area. I saw the janitor earlier heading towards the second floor.

‘It’s probably just a rat’ I attempted to convince myself. But of course, who in their right mind would believe that a mouse could move chairs? There was definitely someone in that room, and even though I used to find the heroines in horror flicks very stupid whenever they checked out the place even though they already knew that it would give them the scare of their lives, I found myself doing the exact same thing by walking towards the room where the sound came from.

When I was just about a meter away from the door, I heard another similar sound come out. This time, the sound was even louder so I jumped in surprise. And so, as I reached for the door, I hastily did the sign of the cross. I then peeked inside. At first, I didn’t see any presence of something in the room. But as I turned to the left side of the room, I saw a person, a guy, with his head lying on his crossed arms. I couldn’t recognize him because well because his head was facing the other side. But somehow, I had a feeling I knew who it was and I was sure he wasn’t a ghost.

Wanting to confirm whether he was really who I assumed him to be, I walked over and tapped his shoulder. “Excuse me, aren’t you going home yet?” I asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter