BATTLE 32

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While I said those words, Kyu Hyun looked at me with critical eyes, as if he was looking for any signs of weakness in me. And it annoyed me even more. How could he be so sure that I got hurt badly by what he did? “What’s wrong? Why are you looking at me like that? You think that just because you’re responsible for my first ever valentine, I’d like you? You’re not the only one responsible for that. Dong Hae also took part on that day. Are you trying to say that I like you because you gave me a cake? Dong hae gave me a cake too, and it happened to be my favorite. What else did you do that makes you think would make me like you? So you protected me from Se Ri once, but was that even real? If it was, well, Dong Hae also protected me from Se Ri, by letting me know the scheme you two were trying to pull on me even before you confessed.” I remarked coldly.

He frowned at me. “You mean, you already knew yet you didn’t confront me?” he asked, his tone much more calm than before.

For some reason, I just knew how to answer him coldly, even though I barely treated people that way. I guessed it was because I really hated what he did to me. “Why did I need to confront you? I knew that you were going to quit anyway, since what Se Ri was paying you wasn’t worth your time in making me fall for you. How much did Se Ri pay you anyway? Would you leave me alone if I offered you a higher amount?” I continued to speak harshly.

He shook his head in disbelief. “I can’t believe you’re acting this way.” He said, starting to turn away from me. But then he suddenly turned back with a disappointed expression written on his face. “You want to know why spending time with you wasn’t worth Se Ri’s money? It was because I didn’t think a couple of bills could ever replace your trust in me. I cared for you, more than her money. But I guess you’ll never see that.”

After he said that, he left the room. And even though I felt bad for hurting his feelings, I didn’t stop him. I still couldn’t forgive now so there was no use stopping him. Instead, I just watched him leave.

When Kyu Hyun was totally gone, Na Mi, having been seated right beside where Kyu Hyun and I were standing as we talked earlier, stood up from her seat and called my attention with a tap on my shoulder. When she noticed my sad expression as I turned to her, she gave me a reassuring smile. “You did the right thing.” She said in an encouraging tone.

I knew that she was right. And so, I tried to shake those thoughts away and managed to cheer up until the end of the day. In fact, my mood was great as I walked towards my locker after class. Meyka was waiting for me there with an impatient look on her face. Suddenly, I tried to recall whether or not I was supposed to meet her.

“Ji Na!” she exclaimed excitedly, her expression changing upon seeing me walking closer and closer to her.

When I reached her, I raised my brow at her. “What’s up?” I asked her, recalling that I didn’t schedule anything with her.

She looked at me in surprise. “What’s up? You just got yourself a boyfriend and you’re actig like nothing’s up?” she remarked. “So tell me, is it for real, or is it a part of your plan?”

I gave her a smile. “What do you think, Meyka? Can you believe me if I say it’s for real?” I answered mischievously.

She returned my smile. “Okay, so you’re right. You couldn’t have done it for real. But still, Dong Hae did save you so I thought you’ve finally had a change of heart.” She responded.

“You were there?” I asked, surprised since I didn’t notice her there.

She nodded. “Of course I was. I’m always where the action is.” She bragged with grin.

“Then I’m sorry for treating Kyu Hyun badly. You like him, right? I hope you understand that I had to do that.” I said, thinking that she might have been upset with my actions.

“Oh, no, don’t apologize. He deserved what he got earlier. He should’ve known better than to fool you and what’s worse is he had to team up with the biggest in the whole school. I don’t like him anymore.” She said in a serious expression. “And it’s really annoying how Sung Min’s trying to convince me that Kyu Hyun’s a good person. There’s no point in doing that when there’s already a proof. And besides, why is Sung Min doing that anyway? Shouldn’t he be glad about my sudden change of heart and start making his move?”

I couldn’t help but laugh at Meyka’s words. “You like Sung Min now, don’t you?” I asked her with a grin.

She blushed deeply. “What? What are you talking about? I’m just trying yo analyze his actions. After all, I do have the right to do so, since I am his friend.” She remarked quickly.

But even though she didn’t say it, I knew that the answer was obvious. Why else was she wearing a pink bandana on her hair? “I was just asking, because you sounded like you did. But I guess not.” I answered otherwise, not wanting to annoy her by insisting. I knew that in time, she’d admit it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter