BATTLE 34

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the buzzer signaling the end of the game went off, everyone stood up from his seat and rushed towards the court to show their admiration to Dong Hae who not only managed to score 43 points in the whole game, but also brought the team to becoming the champion once again.

But as everyone did, I wanted to do otherwise. “I’m leaving!” I explained to Na Mi as she grabbed my left arm with a questioning expression on her face right before I could run away.

“But why? Everyone’s celebrating. Why would you want to go?” she asked me with a confused tone.

Seriously, I did want to stay and at least congratulate Sung Min for the team’s victory. But I had to go because I didn’t want to keep my end of the bargain. I didn’t want to go on a real date with Dong Hae. “I just remembered to do something so I have to go. I’ll call you later to explain, okay?” I replied hurriedly as I freed myself from her grip and rushed out of the gym.

As soon as I was able to reach my locker, I couldn’t help but feel good. I was able to escape without Dong Hae knowing. And he couldn’t possibly say I was breaking his rules because in the first place, I was the one who suggested the idea. Besides, I bet he couldn’t get away from the crowd since he was the star. I took out the books I needed from my locker and started walking towards the school gates, humming cheerfully as I did.

However, when I reached the gates, there he was leaning against it as if he had been waiting for quite a while already. He wasn’t even wearing his jersey anymore, but instead, his uniform. There was no hint of him just having played a game. How he did that so fast, I had no idea. “Where are you going?” he asked me with a smirk as I neared him.

Seeing how I couldn’t go on with my plan of escaping him, I gave him a sheepish grin. “Hi! I was about to send you a message saying I’ll meet you here but I guess you figured it out before I could.” I remarked in my most innocent voice. “Did you wait long?”

He didn’t answer that. Instead, he started walking. “Let’s go then.” He said, looking back to gesture me to walk beside him.

I walked over to his side. “But where are we going?” I asked, noticing how he was the one leading the way when it was I who told him we’d go somewhere if he managed to shoot 20 shots.

He turned to me with a knowing smile. “You think you can fool me? You were going to ditch me, weren’t you?” he said, then he grabbed my hand. “That’s your punishment.”

My eyes widened as I tried to take his grip off of me. “Yah! Why should I be punished? Did I break any rules? You didn’t order me to go out with you so I don’t need to. You’re lucky I even decided to come with you though I don’t have to.” I complained to him.

“Why, am I breaking a rule too? You just said no hugging or kissing. Am I doing any of that?” he responded mischievously.

I glared at him but said nothing. He had a point after all, and if I argued more with him, he’d do something worst. We walked in silence, his hand still not letting go of mine. And it really annoyed me, especially the fact that he was still smirking as he did. It just showed that he really wanted to annoy me.

Finally, he let go of my hand once he stopped in front of a coffee shop. Then he looked at me. “You said I don’t have the right to say anything about this date because you’re the one who decided it, didn’t you?” he asked me with a raised brow.

I nodded. “Yes. You can’t tell me what to do or what not to do.” I agreed.
His smirk turned into a wide smile. “Don’t forget you said that, okay?” he said, grabbing my hand again and pulled me inside the coffee shop and led me towards a table for two. When we settled on our seats, he looked at the menu with delight. “Let’s order?”

I actually didn’t see what he was up to. I thought he was finally giving in to what I wanted, like he did way back when we were stranded inside the classroom and the only way to get out was by passing through the dark creepy hallways. And so, I happily cooperated. “okay.” I said, browsing at my own menu. I had never been to a date my life, but I did know that when a girl and a boy dated, the boy was always the one paying. And that was why I tried to find the most expensive coffee drink I could find, so Dong Hae would be broke after this. “I want a cappuccino frappe.”

“Sounds good.” he said in agreement. He called a waiter and told him to get us both a cappuccino frappe. When it arrived, he immediately took a sip and let out a satisfied exclaim. “Mmm! This tastes as good as it costs. Luckily, I’m not paying.”

I raised a brow at him. “What do you mean? Why aren’t you going to pay? Do you have a coupon or something?” I asked, still not able to sense what was coming.

And there it was, his annoying smile. “No, I don’t have a coupon. But you said earlier that you’re the one who decided to have this date. Therefore, it’s YOU who asked me out. And because of that, YOU’re supposed to pay for everything.” He answered.

“Yah, who are you kidding? A girl never pays. It’s always the guy.” I replied, starting to get angry. I didn’t know which was it that was triggering my anger was it the fact

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter