2/6

The Bet

Daehyun

“Rae, you’re mine today!” Daehyun exclaimed.

“I helped you yesterday Daehyun. I’m supposed to be with Zelo today.”

“I already talked to Zelo and he’s totally fine with it. Come on.”

“Ugh. How do you expect me to say no to you when you speak to me like that?” Rae turned to the clothing rack to grab Daehyun’s outfit, causing her to miss the look that shot between Daehyun and Himchan. “Let’s get to work.”

Daehyun hummed a bit as he started to undress while thinking about how he was going to proceed. He looked down at his flat, tan stomach and frowned a little. Then again, he didn’t know what type of guy Rae preferred. She might like his lack of muscle more than the hard bodied types like Jongup or Yong Guk.

“Hey Rae?”

“Hmm?”

“What’s your ideal type?”

“I don’t have one,” Rae replied.

“Come on. You have to have some kind of preference.”

“Why do you want to know? Are you tryna set me up?”

“I’m just curious,” Daehyun stated. “We’re going to be working together so we may as well get to know each other.”

“Fine Dae.” She handed him a pair of dark skinny jeans to put on. “I prefer someone shorter than me, who likes to laugh and will do stupid things to make me smile. They have to be slightly dorky and extremely loyal.”

“So…you like me?” Daehyun offered.

Rae handed him a belt after she fixed the collar of his shirt. “You? I never thought of that.”

“You should.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Rae flirted. “Now, get to work.”

Himchan

“Rae, I need some help.”

Rae and Daehyun both turned to look at Himchan. The older boy had his hands covering his crotch and was blushing. Daehyun was immediately suspicious. They’d only been practicing and Himchan was notorious for half-assing the dances. How had he managed to bust a seam, especially one so close to his junk?

“What am I gonna do with you Himchan?” Rae fussed. “Come here, let me take a good look at you.”

Himchan shuffled over to the stylist, throwing a triumphant look in Daehyun’s direction.

“I’ll be right back,” Rae said after she inspected Himchan’s pants. “I have to grab my sewing kit.”

As soon as Rae was out of earshot, Daehyun approached Himchan.

“How’d you pull that one off?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Himchan asked with a wink. “Just watch and learn, Daehyunnie. Watch and learn.”

Rae returned and dropped to her knees in front of Himchan. “Don’t move. I don’t want to poke you.”

“I want to poke you…” Himchan muttered.

“Huh?”

“Nothing.” He looked around for a moment before looking back at the girl fixing his pants. Himchan could almost imagine her being down there for a very different reason…

“Himchan, I know I’m cute, but please don’t get too excited. You have to go on stage soon,” Rae commented, looking up after she finished her stitches.

“I’m sorry,” Himchan said, sounding anything but apologetic. “You’re just so cute I couldn’t help myself.”

Rae’s cheeks turned red. “You’re such a flirt Kim Himchan.”

“Only with pretty women.”

“I’m sure you say that to every girl you meet.”

“I’m shocked you feel that way,” Himchan said. He put a hand to his chest as though he were genuinely hurt. “You wound me with your harsh words.”

“Himchan, we’ve got to record now. Are you fixed up?” Yongguk broke in. “Hi Rae.”

“Hello Yongguk,” Rae said with a smile. “Chan’s all good so you can take him now.”

“Thanks.” Yongguk grabbed Himchan by the arm and dragged him towards the stage. When they were alone, Himchan pulled away.

“What the hell Yongguk? I was in the middle of something.”

“I know what you were doing and I already told you I don’t like it. Didn’t I say not to let this get in the way of working? That stunt you just pulled was unnecessary.”

I’m doing unnecessary stuff but you didn’t say anything when Daehyun practically dragged her into a dressing room and started stripping.”

“Daehyun wasn’t doing anything so blatantly obvious. You know there are cameras everywhere. What if someone had recorded that conversation, or took a picture right when she got on her knees? Think about what you’re doing Himchan.”

“Fine Yongguk. I expect Daehyun to be given this same speech.”

Yongguk moved to get into his place for the performance. “He will.”