5/6

The Bet

“Hey Yongguk,” Himchan called when he and Daehyun returned to the dorm. “Who all is going to be at the shoot tomorrow?”

Yongguk looked up from his magazine. He knew the two of them were up to something, but if he knew exactly what, he might have to get involved. He didn’t want to get involved, so he decided it would just be easier to give them what they wanted instead of asking questions.

“I know for sure Block B, Beast, and M.I.B. Two rookie girl groups too…G.I. and Glam. And us of course.”

Daehyun nodded and turned to Himchan. “How many guesses do we get?”

Zelo wondered into the living room and the gaming system. As he waited for it to boot up, he addressed the older boys. “What are you guessing about? Can I help?”

“Rae called us out on flirting with her and then she told us to guess who she’s kinda dating.”

“Huh?” Zelo asked.

Youngjae appeared to diffuse all confusion as he was prone to do. He was the brain of the group after all. “Rae’s been texting and stuff with someone but they aren’t in a relationship yet,” he said matter of factly.

“You knew?” Himchan asked.

Youngjae nodded. “Of course I knew. Rae tells me things.”

“Even I knew that,” Jongup said, coming to play video games with Zelo. “I told you guys from the beginning that it was a bad idea, but you didn’t listen to us.”

“Serves you right to get embarrassed,” Youngjae added.

Himchan ignored their self-righteous statements and went back to focusing on the task at hand. “Rae told us that if we can guess who she’s with she’ll buy us food. Tell us everything you know.”

“Why would we do that?” Youngjae scoffed. “We’re not going to get anything out of it. Nope. You two figure it out on your own.”

“Yongguk, Youngjae and Jongup are being insubordinate,” Himchan complain.

“I have nothing to do with this,” the leader answered, putting his magazine down to watch the two youngest ones play. “I was against from the start. You’re getting what you deserve.”

“Fine, be that way,” Himchan huffed. “We’ll figure it out ourselves. The next thing you’ll know, we’ll be eating our way to oblivion while you sit in the dorm with your pathetic ramen.”

Himchan and Daehyun disappeared into one of the bedrooms to go over their plan and make some guesses as to who could be Rae’s beau. Meanwhile in the living room, the other members were smiling and humming to themselves.

“They have no idea, do they?” Youngjae asked.

Yongguk snickered. “Not at all. They’re going to be in for a rude awakening.”

“I’ll be sure to record it.”