Chapter Six

Spoilt Prince

It had almost been three weeks since the brunette had last come into contact with Kikwang, she found it odd seeing as she was supposed to be in his company 24/7 for the next six months, yet it seemed he was avoiding her just as she was avoiding him. She didn't want to admit it but after what happened that night she had grown a small soft spot for the big head. Although she had been feeling odd, as if someone had been following her. Maybe it was Kikwang?

Shaking away her thoughts she returned her gaze towards the large English textbook she had opened on one of the school picnic tables scattered around the large campus.

"Hey Summer!"

Looking up she saw a small blonde figure approaching her, smiling to the girl when she got closer and plopped herself next to the brunette.

"Hey Jessica what's up?"

"I just came by to say hi, see how you were doing. I haven't really seen you around much for the last few weeks."

"Oh, I'm good. Thanks." The brunette gave the other female a genuine smile. Jessica Jung was probably the only person she could possibly call a friend. Sure she got along well with everyone but Jessica was the only one who ever held a proper conversation with her and was never shy to hang out with her, more often than not.

"English? to be you" the blonde broke out into a smile, teasing the taller female.

"Well...If only I knew someone who spoke the language well and could help me out" nudging at the blonde girls arm with her elbow.

"What? Why are you looking at me?"

The brunette let out a chuckle. 

"Sica are you trying to be blonde on purpose?"

"Yah shut it. People like it when I'm blonde" pouting she playfully glared back at Summer.

"I think they meant they like it when your hair is blonde, not you"

The girls burst into a series of happy laughter that was soon cut short when the bell rang.

"I'll see you at lunch?" Standing Jessica dusted off her jeans a questioning look aimed at the brunette.

"Sica, you know I don't mingle"

"Summer, please. Stop being anti-social, you're the school's social butterfly. Get social"

Grinning Jessica finally left when the brunette grumbled out a low 'fine'. She knew Summer was adored by everyone but it seemed the girl never wanted to attach herself to a real group of friends. Sure she had Kiseop, but Jessica hadn't really grown warm towards the male who had waltzed into their school and swept Summer off her feet. The blonde felt special somehow, it was rare for Summer to allow people other than Kiseop to keep her company. The guy was just too sappy, it felt unreal so she simply scoffed at the whole 'perfect couple' thing the students had going on about Summer and Kiseop.

"How is she?"

Stopping in her tracks Jessica spotted Kikwang leaning against the locker next to hers.

"She's fine. Why do you care? You're only using her" Jessica fought to hide the anger in her voice, glaring at her books when she opened her locker. He didn't answer. Grabbing her books and slamming her locker shut she turned to glare at the male only to find the spot he had been standing on empty, his back already halfway down the hall.

"You're welcome, jerk" Rolling her eyes she headed to class in the opposite direction, wondering why he hadn't answered her when he had been the one pestering her to check on the other female.

...

Dongwoon lazily sprawled on the clubroom couch as he and Kikwang waited for the rest of their members to arrive. The past three weeks had been hell with Mr.Lee gone.  Whoever it was that had tried to breach the system overseas was also trying to hack into the systems here and he did have some trouble trying to hold up their firewalls. He was however curious as to why he hadn't been seeing Summer lately.

"Stop avoiding her"

"Avoiding who?" Kikwang answered back in a flat tone

"Don't play dumb with me Kikwang, you know exactly who I'm talking about"

"I'm not avoiding her."

Rolling his eyes Dongwoon remained quiet, he was going to have to interrogate him more later seeing as the rest of their gang had entered the room.

"What's up boss?" Yoseob smiled happily, giving Kikwang a salute before unceremoniously flopping himself onto the couch.

"Yeah why'd you call us?" Doojoon asked with Hyunseung, and Junhyung following suit.

"We've got some serious problems."

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious" Junhyung chuckled sarcastically only to have Doojoon give him a stern look.

"Tell us something we don't already know Kikwang"

" In the past three weeks we've almost been breacched five times. Most likely another breach could happen at any given time." Dongwoon cut in explaining some details."I have'nt been able to get proper sleep, and I can't always hold them off even with help from the gang leaders." 

" Like what Dongwoon has said, we can't hold them off forever. Although we've come up with a slightly better plan that we can probably use to hold them off while my dad's gone."

"Okay, what's the plan hyung?" Yoseob asked.

"Dongwoon can explain since he's leading the first half."

"We'll have to wait for their next breach. It's going to be risky though because I have to let them in close enough to the system before shutting them off." Dongwoon started.

"What? You're going to let them into the system?" Hyunseung exclaimed a look of shock on all their faces.

"Calm down. I'm only letting them in long enough to find out their location. They won't even have time to access any files, so it's a win for us."

"And then what are we supposed to do?" 

"We head over and sort them out" Kikwang answered holding his hand up to silence Yoseob as he continued "I know. We're not going in alone, so as much as that Ha Neul annoys me he's gathered some of dad's men to help out."

"That's not what I was going to ask" Yoseob countered "I was going to ask about Summer."

"What about her?"

"She doesn't know about any of this right? So who's gonna keep watch over her while we're busy?"

"For now she should be okay" Dongwoon answered "It's better that she know's nothing about the mafia... for now. Besides if I'm not wrong she's supposed to be visiting her boyfriend's brother this weekend"

Dongwoon could see Kikwang slightly stiffen from the mention of Summer visiting her 'boyfriends' brother but he quickly masked it with a stony look.

"So...is that all?" Junhyung interuppted noticing the odd glances Dongwoon was doing.

"Yeah, we'll meet back here tonight to sort things out." Kikwang finished before standing from his seat and leaving the room.

...

"What is it Won Geun?"

"I'm sorry to disturb you maam but I've found something that may be of interest to you"

"What is it?"

"That girl you had me look up. Apparantely she's been spotted with Lee's son. I've had someone tail her around school and it seems they may be close."

"Anything else?"

"No, not yet."

"Keep on her tail, this does sound rather interesting."

"Yes maam"

"How are the boys doing? And have you had our men overseas working on the sytems in Korea?"

"It seems the young master and his friends are reanalysing their plans, and overseas has reported they are working on the tasks. "

"Good. Keep me updated, espeially on that girl"

As Won Geun left the office, Hye Kyo gave a smug smile. Looks like little miss innocent isn't so innocent? She had been curious about this girl at first because of her name. She couldn't remember her reasons for hating the name Summer, but now that she was involved with her ex-husbands son she was rather amused, especially since she was also involved with her own son.

...

"Yah, Earth to Choi~! Sooyoung!" 

"Don't call me that"

"It was the only way to get you to snap out. whats with you? You seem so zoned out today" Jessica nudged her friends shoulder "Besides why do you not like the name Sooyoung?"

Apart from Kiseop, Jessica was probably the only other person who knew her birth name... with the exception of Dongwoon if he didn't already know.

"Because that's the name my mum gave me, my dad changed my name to Summer which was suggested by Yoon Jung, mentioning something about Sooyoung reminding him too much of mum." 

The brunette knew her father was lying to her but ever since her name change, she just started to believe that she didn't like her name because it reminded her of her mother.

"Sorry" Jessica replied with a sad smile "but~ I'm going to go on a whim and say you miss him"

"I do. I miss him heaps, but school breaks in a few weeks so I can fly out and visit Yoon Jung and my appa"

"Not him" the blonde playfully rolled her eyes.

"Then who?"

"Kikwang. You miss him right?"

"What?!! No! Why would I miss that jerk?"

Jessica watched her friend closely, she was so obvious it was almost cute.

"Whatever. Speaking of missing people, how's your so-called Prince Kiseop?"

"Honestly? I don't know."

"He hasn't called you? Wow. That's a first"

"I know. It's kind of weird, I've tried ringing a few times too but it always says his number is unavailable"

"I knew he was too good to be true."

Summer looked at her friend with wide eyes as the blonde girl concentrated on unwrapping her sandwhich.

"What?"

"What do you mean by 'too good to be true'? You never really liked him and he was super sweet to you too" Trying to give her blonde friend accusing eyes.

"I think it's a good thing I never liked him and ugh" pretending to gag Jessica gave the brunette a smug smile " He's so overly sweet it seems fake. I'm sure under all that sweetness he's some bad . You know,  a wolf disguised as a sheep"

The two girls looked at eachother for a few seconds before both bursting into laughter. Who were they kidding Kiseop couldn't pull off the bad guy act. 

Supressing their giggles the girls fell into a peaceful silence.

"This is good" Summer cut in "I haven't had laughed this much in a while, thanks Sica"

"You act as if I'm your part time friend" glaring playfully at the brunette "We need to hang out more okay? How about this weekend? You just going to stay at the dorms? You can always come to my place you know?"

"Thanks Sica, but Kiseop had his youngest brother keep an eye on me and I'm supposed to be spending this weekend at his place."

"You. And Kiseop's younger brother. Weekend. Home. Alone?"

"Stop. Talking.Like. That." Summer rolled her eyes at the other female "It's Kiseop's younger brother he's  close to me compared to the others so stop it with your erted thoughts" she laughed

"I am so not erted!"

"Fine"

"But still, if he even touches a hair on you call me. Understood?"

"Yes mother"

"Now that's my girl" reaching over Jessica wrapped her arms around the slender female pulling her into a tight hug.

"Uhhh...Sica?...Can't...breathe.."

"Oops Sorry, got a little excited." smiling sheepishly as she released the brunette from her hug.

"Oh Sica, what am I going to do with you?" 

____________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: another filler chapter? hhe hope you guys are liking the fic so far sorry about all these filler like chapters but yeah I don't want to miss any details etc etc anywho Jessica's in the pic now woooo :) SooSica lol please enjoy <3 I'm trying to update as much as I can cause I'm going to be M.I.A for 3-4 weeks as of January 16th? with no access to internet -_- someone shoot me hehehe jokes. Next chapter will be up soon ^^

-throws younglove everywhere-

your pancakeu loving author youngvee