Death in sleep.

Black hole of Vulnerability

[3rd person POV]

"Onew, you have a visitor. You have 20 minutes, then you have a session with Dr Sung right after." Nurse Jang walked Onew to the visiting area, leaving him with Gwiboon & Junghee.

Onew had a smile planted on his face which grew into a small chuckle. Which ended in awkward silence. Gwiboon and Junghee stared at each other. 

"So, why'd you visit?"

"Why are you smiling so much, Onew?" Gwiboon asked her older friend.

He lifted his shoulder quickly, his smile remaining, "I guess it's because I made someone happy. I guess it's because I have that power."

Junghee giggled and touched Onew's hand, "Aww! You know you've always had that power. You make Gwiboon and I happy!" Gwiboon nodded.

"I know. You guys are very important to me, but you guys are always naturally happy. But Taemin.."

"The guy I brang cake for?"

"Yeah.. Taemin's so.. so sad. He's like me. And to make him smile for a WHOLE day," Onew took a moment to smile and looked down, feeling stupid, "It makes me feel like I should keep living and I should try harder to get better. So that if we ever get out, we can both have so many moments to be happy...together."

 

[10:24AM, Dr Sung's Office]

Dr Sung: Aren't you very smiley this afternoon? 
Onew: Am I? *smiling wide*
Dr Sung: Yes sir, you are. May I ask why?
Onew: It's because I feel like I have the power to make someone happy. 
Dr Sung: If we're talking about Taemin, you also have the power to take great care for a person.
Onew: Yeah, I'm talking about Taemin.
Dr Sung: So you feel powerful?
Onew: Is that bad?
Dr Sung: *writes down* Not at all. It's very good. You've making so much better progress a while after Taemin came. And Taemin has been making good progress too.
Onew: *smiles softly* I'm so glad to hear that, but isn't that supposed to be confidential?
Dr Sung: Oh, right. How unprofessional of me. But enough about Taemin for a bit. Let's talk about you, about negativty.
Onew: Oh. Like?
Dr Sung: Still feel alone? Still in your black hole?
Onew: *stays silent*
Dr Sung: *waits for his answer* 
Onew: *fondles his fingers, looking down, then looks up* I know my friends love me. I know that I'm making new friends too. But there's still apart of me that feel just so alone, that feels just so helpless and hopeless. I'm really trying to do well, trying to get well and all. But I think I've been away from family's love. I haven't had that good feeling for SO long. I haven't hugged a warm mother or grandmother because they're gone. And my family is tiny, and broken. Wrecked. I got wrecked up too. 
Dr Sung: *writes down* Oh Onew.. 
Onew: And I know that there have been times where people want to give up on me. Or want me to just get well for their own sake. Maybe you've felt that way too, but I don't mind. I learned to just live with that. 
Dr Sung: I'll be frank. I have. But I love you Onew, I do.
Onew: And it makes up for all those moments, Dr Sung. I appreciate it, okay? Don't be sorry.
Dr Sung: *nods*
Onew: It's already time for me to go. Goodbye, see ya next session Doc.

 

 

[Taemin's room]

"Taemin-ah." A deep voice that sounded like a demon had echoed in the mind of the young boy. "Taemin-ah. You little er."  The young boy tossed around, squinting eyes tighter, though it would not release him from the dream occuring.

"Made a new friend, yeah? Well give it up. Odds are, when he see's how ed up you are, he'll leave you. If he doesn't, his mind is just as ed up. Are you developing a new crush for a MAN? A CRAZY MAN?" the demon's voice rised up, sounding more angry.

"Not only are you a worthless , you're a worthless homoual . You think I'm gonna let your soul rest? You let your father die. And you didn't do a ing thing. You think justice will bring me back to life? You think years for your brother will bring back years of life to me? No. You could have done something, but you didn't."

The young boy had difficulty breathing.

"You know, there's such thing of death in sleep? I can make it happen. Don't forget that," the voice slowly faded out, "Don't forget that...."

Taemin's breathing rate slowed down, his heart felt a bit tight. He opened his eyes and tried to get up to walk to Onew's room. 

"H-hyung...."

*thud*