Angel cake.

Black hole of Vulnerability

[3rd person point of view:]

After Onew picked up the angel cake and plushie from Junghee, Onew walked to his younger friend's room and knocked on the door. Only to find out the kid was still asleep.

Onew placed his cake on the table beside the sleeping little angel. 

He nudged the dreaming 19 year old, "생일 축하합니다~ 생일 축하합니다~"

Taemin opened his eye slits slowly, seeing his older friend singing and clapping for Taemin's birthday. Taemin got up and rubbed his eyes and smiled,

"Hyung, is this what you meant by doing things I haven't done in a while?" 

 

Onew smiled warmly and answered, "This is just a little bit of it," he lit the candles on the angel cake and pushed the easy roll table so Taemin could blow out the candles while sitting down.

"Make a wish," said Onew.

"It won't come true.. what's the point?" Taemin huffed and looked depressed.

 

"Yah, don't be depressed. It's your birthday for God's sake. You might as well enjoy it. C'mon, smile! Blow the candles and make a wish. You won't lose anything." 

Taemin glanced at his hyung and slanted his lips. "Fine, fine." He closed his eyes and made a small wish. His puffed his thick lips and blew out air. 

"Tada~" said the 19 year old. 

 

Onew smiled and took out a box.

"I got you a present." He held out the box, waiting for Taemin to grab it.

Taemin grabbed the present, smiling like a little boy. Unwrapping the goodness, he held out a large plushie of a kitty-cat.

 

"Hyung, it's really nice! Thanks so much!" He pinched the animal and smiled.

"It's supposed to protect you at night, when you have bad dreams, he should defend you."

Taemin snickered, "Yah. You really think that's what's going to help me? A silly, cute little kitty-cat plushie?"

"Well.... no, I thought it'd be nice to say. But I really hope you get well soon," Onew sat beside Taemin, putting his hand on Taemin's thigh, "I mean it."

Taemin touched Onew's hand, smiling, "Just come running through the door when I start yelling. I'll be better."

 

Onew felt loved for a second, but then dismissed that feeling because he knew things were too good to be true.

 

 

"Get out of bed so we can start our day!" Onew patted Taemin's thigh and went back to his room, "Knock on my door when you're ready." 

 

 

 

 

 

[Taemin's POV, 6PM:]

 

Today was really....really fun. I felt happy for the first time in years. All thanks to my Onew hyung.

Before, I used to think of him as just a "private nurse" that tries to help me after I have my bad dreams, but after today.. I felt like he was really my friend and that he really cared about me. Onew is a really warm and soft person. I feel like, even though he's so depressed, he has happiness inside of him that opens up when he's with someone he's comfortable with.

The day started off with a tiny picnic outside in the grass. It was another beautiful bright blue day and I was spending it with my hyung. We ate some noodles and talked about life in the ward. Talked about gossip in other wards like the druggee ward, the addicting ward, the weird ward. 

"I almost hadda thing with one of those addicts, but ya know, they couldn't handle me." Onew hyung acted all y and he touched his body all "ily." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Please. Don't ever do that again. I think that's worse than my father visiting me." I snicked at him.

After we finished eating, we layed on the grass, staring at the clouds in the skies, telling each other what silly clouds looked like,

 

"That one looks like a burnt up cow."

"It's a white cloud."

"You have to be imaginative."

And then, hyung looked at me in the eyes and he smiled. "You have to be happy." 

His eyes sparkled in the sun and his smile made me smile.  I felt.... I don't know. Loved?

 

 

Around 3pm, we acted like little kids and pranked other patients with gags and what not. We played tag, some hide and go seek. 

I'm not really into this kind of childdish stuff, but Onew hyung said that it's nice to feel young. So I just smiled and played along.

We played games with other patients too. Like Mir, Dongwoo, Hyuna, Kyuhyun hyung and Hongki hyung. We were all happy in that moment, and it was all because of Onew hyung.

 

So now, here I am, laying in bed at 6:44 waiting for a therapy session with Doc. 

I think she'll be glad that I'm happy today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Therapy session- 7:17]

Dr Sung: Happy Birthday btw. How was your birthday?

Taemin: It was really good. Onew hyung and I had loads of fun.

Dr Sung: Like?

Taemin: Tag, hide and seek, eating cake and other goods. I felt happy for once.

Dr Sung: Wow, *smiles warmly* I'm glad to head you're happy. I'm glad Onew makes you happy.

Taemin: Thanks. *smiles back*

Dr Sung: I got you something too. And I know it's unproffessional as a therapist to give gifts to her patients, but, I really like helping you. *gives Taemin a box*

Taemin: *opens box* Oh this is a really nice jacket. Thanks :)

 

 

 

 

[Taemin's POV:]

So here I am, laying in bed, cuddling with this kitty-kat. Thinking about Onew hyung.

I'm really unsure of my feelings. I'll just close my eyes and sleep.

 

 

[Onew's POV:]

I think... I think... I think I've felt something I've never felt before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N: Hey guys, this is a bit of a fluff (: And I hope you guys liked it.

I'm off to the Philippines tomorrow, so I won't be update until like next week.

I love you guys (:

Please sub and comment. I would appreciate the comments, kiddies!
 

MWAH!<3]