The Blind Trust

Love and Betrayal

As the princess keep staring at the depress scenery, she wanted to leave everything behind and just live a normal life. She was at the roof of the castle she started to scream out.

”I AM NOT A PIECE OF JUNK FOR TRADE!! I DON’T CARE IF I AM A PRINCESS! I RATHER WOULD BE A NORMAL GIRL WHO LIVES A NORMAL LIFE!!!!”  which saddened Hyuna to see her highness like this. Hyuna leans on the ground and hold the princess hand:”Gayoon, don’t be like this, I am here for you…If you want we can go out and have some fun like we always do when we sneak out for half a day”

"That would be very nice for a change…However...we still have to have dinner with him...so. Let's go… Before the King gets mad at me" then she walks away.

Hyuna was hurt seeing Gayoon like this, she wishes she can do something to cheer her up, but sadly, she knows she can’t do anything to help her, all she can do is stay beside her and be there for her whenever she needs it.

 

 

When Gayoon was at the table, reunited with them, she was trying to focus on how shiny the knife looked, slicing the meat.

The conversation between the King and prince Hyunseung was absolutely boring. They were talking about trade, economy and politics, not even paying attention once to anyone else.

Then she sees Hyuna who's glaring at her disapprovingly. Gayoon notices that one of the maids, bringing the food, looks familiar.
"Jiyoon..." she almost whispers.
Jiyoon and Gayoon exchanges a brief stare. Jiyoon just pretends that she doesn't recognize her and went back in to get more food. The number of time she pass by the princess, it make Gayoon heartbroken, she doesn’t know what happen but for sure she’s confirm that something’s bothering Jiyoon because her stare was cold. She didn’t even give a single smile to Gayoon.

Most of the food was out at the table and Jiyoon’s about to turn back when she notices that a maid, is walking towards Gayoon. She didn’t recognize her, Jiyoon had a very good memory, whenever she sees someone she wouldn’t forget that person, and this maid, she had never seen her before which immediately Jiyoon feels a premonition, her body tensed and she looks back at them. She sees that the maid was approaching the princess and that she was about to draw something from her pocket and Jiyoon can catch the shining bright of the dagger that she's drawing.

 

“WATCH OUT!” screamed Jiyoon as she runs at the maid and catches her, making her fail her attack. The dagger gets stuck on the wood of the table, Gayoon is petrified with fear. Then, the maid attempts to attack Jiyoon, but she's stopped by Hyuna and a couple of guards.
"Keep her alive!" Hyuna orders. They need to find out who's behind this.

 

The king and the rest of the people stood frozen in her chairs. Prince Hyunseung looking at Hyuna, very impressed. Jiyoon breathes heavily and she can't believe she has stopped intent of murder towards her own target. But to her surprise, none of the royalty went to ask if Gayoon was alright, they were all just taking care of the prince and the king and queen which made Jiyoon felt uneasy. But to her surprise, the princess quickly rush to her to see if she was hurt.

Gayoon:”Jiyoon, are you alright?”

Jiyoon:”…I’m fine” as she push Gayoon away

Gayoon hold her hand:”Jiyoon, what’s wrong? Speak to me..”

Queen:”Wow, so now you care about those lowly maids too? What are we going to do about you?!”

Jiyoon quickly stood up and bow and left the room.

Hyuna quickly ordered the guard to put the criminal into the jail and will question him afterward.

Jiyoon gets out of the chamber, scared and overwhelmed with the situation, but she hears someone calling her name in the hallway.
"Jiyoon! Wait!!!!"


The princess is trying to reach her and Jiyoon has to stop. She looks back at her, who's breathing heavily due to the effort.


"Wait...wow, you are so fast..."
"Are you ok, Princess?"
“You saved me, again...."
"No, princess...I just"
"Don't be so modest, you are just like Hyuna..."
Jiyoon felt annoyed at the comparison and she just bowed to hide her reaction.
"Thanks but..."
"I can get you a better job. A better paid one. Be my guard."
Jiyoon was astonished. This wasn't something that she was expecting from her.
"Your highness, you are indeed a very kind person but..."
Gayoon interrupts her "Stop with all the excuses. You have skills..."
"Wait your highness..." Jiyoon was getting annoyed. "One thing is to avoid an attack, and another is to become a guard. You need someone with experience."
"I think that you have experience"


Jiyoon was alarmed, could she had been able to notice all her training.
"And I won't accept a negative answer!" Gayoon says with a smile. The lovely princess could be also a bossy person.
 

"That's insane!" Hyuna's voice is filled with rage.
"I made my decision" Gayoon stares at Jiyoon. 
"But she's new here! And I don’t trust her! Plus, have you even trained before!? Only the top of the top can be here and I don’t think she has the skills for it!"
"I...."


Jiyoon stares at the princess and an idea started to appear in her mind.

"My grandfather taught me some things but he died when i was a teenager. Unfortunately I couldn't enter to an academy because I didn’t have a guardian nor have the money to get into the school which is why I am good as a maid because I do cleaning every day. But if I have the chance to polish my skill, I promise I will do my best to protect the princess"
 

Hyuna was trying to gather any signs of her saying a lie. She has to admit that Jiyoon does have the skill, she still has a warrior instinct. However, there’s something not completely right about her, but Gayoon nods approvingly which made Hyuna sigh because she knows that when the princess wants something, she gets what she wants. Gayoon’s the type to always listen to others but when she has decided that she wanted something,  nothing can change her mind.


"So, it's offical. Hyuna, help her get a proper uniform and prepare everything for her to get into the academy. I shall go back to dinner. "
 

Hyuna tries to stop her. ”No, Ga<..my highness! If we just let her be your guard, everyone will be dissatisfy! Not at least let her get into the training camp and see if she can pass it!

Gayoon sighs. “Okay, I guess it is fair. Jiyoon are you okay with that?”

Jiyoon nods. ”Yes, it is fair, I will do my best. Thank you for the opportunity” she bowed as Gayoon walked back into the dining room

Hyuna stares at Jiyoon with coldness.
"The princess might have seen something in you that I don’t know. But I don't trust you..."
"Oh, thank you. I appreciate honesty, you know." Jiyoon answers ironically.
"Let's go..." Hyuna starts to walk and Jiyoon follows her. 


"This is my chance to get crucial information. And being so close to the Princess is a nice advantage...."


Jiyoon still can't believe that she had showed so much trust in her. No one had been like that to her.  However, she decides to just focus on follow Hyuna. She will deal with her thoughts later, once again.