The Sudden Attack

Love and Betrayal

“KIM HYUNA, COME OVER HERE!” As the princess shouted out my name, I quickly rushed to her before she exploded again into screaming, it’s really rare to see the princess like this, I wonder what  was  making her act like this, like she was so upset.

“Yes, my majesty?” says Hyuna

“Why didn’t you listen to me?!” says the princess.

“It’s for your own safety, your majesty” replied Hyuna

“Excuse me? I dare you to repeat that again!” says the princess.

“I’m only doing it for your own safety…” replied Hyuna once again

“That’s not what I meant and you know it…” says the princess, gesticulating each word with angry.

“Princess… you know it’s…. not good for me to say it... I will get punish...” shrug Hyuna.

“Fine, then don’t say it! Pft!” pouted the princess making Hyuna uncomfortable.

“Aish…unnie…don’t be like this, don’t pout ok?” Hyuna whisper with a small aegyo making the princess smiled a bit.

“Unnie huh?” she continued to pout

“Alright alright…Gayoonii…Don’t pout alright?” says Hyuna in a low embarrassing tone.

Gayoon finally smiled at her:”Yes! Hehe, remember to call me by my first name when it’s just me and you!”

Hyuna sighs. ”Yes, my majes..I mean Gayoon unnie.”

Gayoon pat her head. ”hehe, let’s go!” as she drag Hyuna by her hand into her castle but to be stop by her head maid.

“Kim Hyuna, stop right there” The head maid order her. As Hyuna and Gayoon hear the voice, they quickly stare at each other, and turned around.

The Head maid bows to the princess and look at Hyuna. ”How many time did I tell you to not call the princess by her first name! You want to be punished don’t you!”

Hyuna shrug. ”I…I…I..”

Gayoon tries to help her. “It’s ok, I told her to call me like that when we are alone”

Head maid looks concerned. ”No princess, you can’t do this, if other people hear it not only does it affect your fame, but Hyuna might get sentenced to death”

Gayoon stares at her with resolution. “I would not let that happen..”

Hyuna was already alarmed and worried that someone might have been eavesdropping their conversation. ” Sister! Come on!!! Just let it go!! Only you heard it anyways! Pretend you didn’t see anything you didn’t hear anything!” she gave a wink to her sister.     

The Head maid finally gave up. “Yah, Hyuna how many times do I have to tell you, to not call me your sister out here!  Right here I am your boss!”

Hyuna giggled. “Yes unnie!” she quickly grabs Gayoon hand and both of them ran into the castle making Hyuna sister shake her head.

The head maid lets escape a tired sigh. “What am I going to do with you..my little Hyuna..”        

When they got into the castle, Gayoon got summoned into the king’s castle, so Hyuna her to there and waited her outside the door. As Gayoon was walking into the meeting room, she felt tense, she doesn’t like facing her dad, especially not in a conference room because that mean something serious, she remember when she was a kid. Whenever she had to go to the conference room, there was something big happening, there was punishments, the last time she went through this, she had to put on a mask, so that no one can see her face.

She has been facing this since she was young. According to the king, with her beauty, she will attract too many troubles, it’s better to hide her face until she would get marry. Gayoon hated that, she questioned the reason of why should she hide her face, it’s so troublesome, she hates it so much. Even her mom agreed for that, because when they went out of town once, there were some men chasing after Gayoon, wanting to get close to her, she was attracting way too much trouble and attention, therefore she was banned to show her face to anyone.

“You asked for me, father?” says Gayoon

“Yes, we have something to discuss with you” says the king.

“What would that be?” says Gayoon

“We want you to meet up with the prince of a kingdom” replied the king.

“From which kingdom is he?” answered Gayoon

“The Jang kingdom” replied the king

“…Isn’t the Jang kingdom very far away from our kingdom?” says Gayoon.

“Yes, it require at least three days to reach to that destination, the prince will be coming to visit in the next few days, treat him well, my daughter” says the king.

“Treat him well..ha! Let me laugh father, you ain’t asking me to discuss with you, you are basically asking me to treat him well so he’ll like me so that you can have them as your allies!” says Gayoon

“How dare you speak to your father like this???!!!!” screamed a lady behind, it was her stepmother.

“As expected, father wouldn’t suddenly tell me to do anything unless this woman asks so!! Can’t believe my father fell in love with this woman, she’s such a b!tch!”

Gayoon just glare at the queen with resentment.

The Queen returns the gaze. “How rude of you, you don’t even say a proper salute to me now? King, look at your daughter!!”

Gayoon bows. ”Good afternoon my Queen, as expected you are the one who suggested this to my father isn’t it?”

The Queen smirks at Gayoon. ”Well, you are old enough now, you should find a prince and marry them, were you planning to stay here forever? You wouldn’t want your father to worry about your future right? So go meet some prince and marry out”

Gayoon was getting more and more frustrated. ”Father! Even if you want to marry me, so I can be finally out of this place, why does it has to be with someone from a kingdom that is so far away!!”

The King tries to speak.” …because…”

“Because they are strong allies for us!” The Queen shrieked.

Gayoon was getting teary. ”So what am I to you? Just an item for you to exchange to get more resources?! I am your daughter!! Not your asset!!!” she ran out of the door straight to the garden.

Hyuna was confused with what’s happening, but she had to go bow to the royalty before she can go after the princess.

 

Jiyoon’s side

After seeing the guard leaving with the princess, Jiyoon was feeling angry and humiliate by that woman. She wanted to kill her, as she followed after them, she can see that Gayoon looked frustrated, Jiyoon felt happy.

Doesn’t that mean that Gayoon is mad at the guard because of her?”  But then she sees that Gayoon was pouting and started to smile, those smiled made her heart beat faster.

”What is this?…I don’t like this feeling…it’s warm but at the same time it hurt…that woman..she can make the princess smile like this…” She forced herself to get back at her senses. “Jiyoon! Focus!!! I’m only here for the mission!... Alright, since I’m off until the end of the day, I can go around the kingdom and see what information I can get”

Since the day when she got into the kingdom and when she travels at any place,  she will draw it on the map so that she have a future reference of where things are located. This time she’s going even deeper into the mansion, she would hide herself every time she sees someone pass by. As she approach, she hears a sound, sobbing sounds, her usual movement is that she would walk back and pretend she didn’t see anything but this time, without hesitation she enters into the garden. She sees a girl in her white dress crying. “Isn’t that..the princess? What is she doing here?…well,anyway…”

As Jiyoon was getting ready to leave, she heard someone talking.

“Your highness, how come you are alone here?”

“No special reason, why are you here?”

“Your highness, are you alone? Where is your guard?”

“I…I am not alone…my guard is coming”

Jiyoon felt weird, the way Gayoon answered doesn’t seem normal. She walked back and looks at what’s happening, to her surprise she sees that the guard there was holding a sword from behind, looked like he was going to attack Gayoon.

“Very well... then let me kill you before she arrive!” as the guard take the sword out and was ready to stab Gayoon, she was screaming for help, at that moment Jiyoon threw her dagger to the sword making it flew to the back.

Guard:” WHO IS IT!”

Jiyoon quickly ran to the princess:”WHAT are you doing here?!”

Guard:”Who are you! How dare you interrupt my plan?! Disappear?!” as the guard started to attack Jiyoon with his fist, Jiyoon was doing very well until the guard suddenly threw a small dagger toward Gayoon, without thinking Jiyoon rush to her making the dagger slice through her shoulder making her scream in agony. At that moment, the guard was going to give a finish blow to Gayoon but as he stab the dagger toward them, a sword pierce through his heart and he died on the spot.

“ARE YOU OK, GAYOON?!” screamed the girl.

“Yes..I’m fine..Jiyoon, how’s your shoulder?” asked the princess.

Jiyoon grabs her shoulder. ”I’m fine… don’t worry about it…”

Hyuna is alarmed. ”What happened?!”

Gayoon tries to help Jiyoon. ”I don’t know, I was here alone, then he appear and was going to murder me, chance Jiyoon was here… We have to take you to a medic to check you…”

Hyuna raise her eyebrows. ”Why are you here? Why is a kitchen maid doing in here? How did you even get in?!”

Jiyoon shrugs. ”I…”

”Hyuna, she saved my life! we have to take care of her first!”

Hyuna is not happy about this, but Jiyoon stops her. “Your majesty, I’m fine. This is just a tiny scratch. You better stay in a safe place. Don’t worry about me.”

Gayoon tries to speak but this time, Hyuna is the one who does it. “Alright, thank you for saving the princess which is my responsibility, my name is Kim Hyuna as you have heard.” She extends her hand to shake Jiyoon’s hand but Jiyoon just stares at her hand, hesitating to hold it.

Jiyoon merely bowed at them, and walks away while holding her painful shoulder. Gayoon tries to call her, but Hyuna hold her hand and glares at her.

“No Gayoon, let her go, this girl … something’s fishy about her..” whispered Hyuna

Hyuna quickly holds Gayoon to check if she got hurt somewhere, she panicked when she see blood on the princess dress, but thanksfully it was only Jiyoon’s blood. Hyuna quickly hugs Gayoon and sighed of relief that her princess was fine.

 “, why did I even go out to save her…damn it…Ah I know…” Jiyoon tries to think about the reason of her impulsive behavior. “It’s because it’s MY job to kill her! No one else can kill her except me! That’s MY mission!”

--------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 3rd chapter! Hope you enjoy it! The next update will probably be next weekend! :)

Thank you to our macknae "4m_Alejandra" and "Proud_to_be_a_4nia" for upvoting <3