Revelations

Love and Betrayal

For a moment, it seemed like the whole forest had fell silent, after those words. Gayoon, who was behind Hyuna and Jiyoon felt that something was out of place. Jiyoon was frozen with fear of being discovered but she managed to stay calm and was about to answer when Hyuna did it first.

"Commander Junhyung, what's the meaning of this? "

Junhyung laughed." so, you have finally chosen her? Well, I guess it wasn't really a surprise after all. But …you... "

He looked at Jiyoon, his smile had faded away. Was he sad, upset?  Jiyoon couldn't tell but she had to protect Gayoon. The possibility of escape was too complicated but she had to try.  Would they be able to fight against him? No.  Maybe it was wiser to escape but how?

 

"You are becoming too predictable." He said. "Now you got someone to protect. On top of that, its someone weak. Helpless. And unaware of your true nature. I bet you didn't tell her."

 

Jiyoon did not reply, but Hyuna, once again answered: "I don't know what are you talking about commander. " Hyuna said." But... "

 

"Silence, Hyuna! I have been too patient for a long time, but right now I don't have the mood to deal with you too!" He yelled at her.

 

His voice had risen and Hyuna felt sick, her body almost paralyzed.

 

Suddenly, Jiyoon voice risen: "I made my choice and I am already free. From them. " Jiyoon was now trying to buy some time but as seconds passed, she was determined to fight. Hyuna could take the Princess to a safe place. She had to trust her. How ironic, she thought.

“I see…Sigh..I wish that things could turn out different…In the end you really chose the princess like I predicted it. I guess it’s too late…I really wished that we could have fought together, if only I treat you more differently and have your trust…things wouldn’t be like this…” Junghyun lamented.

 

" listen to  me Junhyung... We can be allies... We hate them. Why fight against each other?  Is it because of...?

 

"Enough. "  he snapped back at her. Jiyoon took a step in front of hyuna, unleashing her sword. Gayoon cried but Hyuna holds her. She understand what Jiyoon want her to do, take the princess and escape.

" Let's go... " Hyuna muttered, forcing Gayoon to run with her. All that could be heard was Jiyoon's name resoning in the forest. Jiyoon breathed heavily, getting ready to fight. Junhyung was focused on Jiyoon, nothing else. He wasn't interested on Gayoon escaping. As they leave that place, the clouds moved enough to hide the moonlight over them.

 

So, the fight started, a dance of swords, clashing against each other. Junhyung wasn't calm now, he was like a ferocious tiger, slashing and moving so fast that Jiyoon barely could handle his attacks. It was the second time that he saw Junghyun like this. The first time had been long time ago, when his beloved dog,  that he saved when he was young was assassinated right in front of his eyes. The puppy used to follow him everywhere for more than two years. But as his father noticed that he spend more time playing with the dog than in training, he killed the dog in right front of Junghyun. That night, Junhyung went crazy trying to kill his father but failed immensely. He would never been the same. Jiyoon could see his anger, reflected in his eyes.  And pretty soon, the duel went into another pause, both of them regaining some energy. As Junhyung attacks again, he was stunned when several explosions happen around him. He expects that Jiyoon is taking this chance to escape. Suddenly, he felt something coming, he dodges a sharp knives and hides behind a tree. He was caught almost off guard by Jiyoon's sword, the he realizes that his forearm has a long cut.

Junhyung laughs. "Is this your best shot? do you really think you can kill me?" He invokes some of his magic and paralyzes Jiyoon. She tries to move but it's like invisible chains that are preventing her from moving.

"Throwing your future for that girl...On top of that… my own sister does the same thing ARG!!!. But let me tell you, no matter what you do... you can't protect others. Neither do I!! We have a curse and the only way to break it free is killing..."

"You...you are insane!!!" Jiyoon screamed

"and your princess will be the sacrifice..."

"Hyuna won't let you...we won't!!"

Junhyung was in front of her and stare at the ground. "Our father is here...so...there’s nothing we can do…it's too late for my dear sister too. I hope that father will gives her a painless death..."

 

----

 

The castle was burning down, lots of people were fighting against the fire, soldiers fighting against the rebels. The king was now dead and his body had been taken by his killers. Nobles that were with the king had fled and hid. Everything was in chaos and the commoners were yelling for a revolution. However, in the middle of this battle, the soldiers that are loyal to Princess Gayoon were on their move.

"I didn't know it was possible to track someone!" Sungjae was astonished.

"That's the ancient magic that the kings were trying to ban, especially him." Sohyun said lost in thought thinking about how the former king disliked magicians. "Since he is not able to do it, he feared it"

They were outside, at the outskirts of the castle, hidden in the forest, looking at a table with several inscriptions around a circle. Jihyun was trying to track Gayoon's presence.  When the battle started, Sohyun and the others found Jihyun in tears. She knows that the king is dead.  She explained to them that her family were descendants of healers and magicians, and she just knows that Gayoon is alive.

Finally, Jihyun opened her eyes.  "They are heading to the east, Hyuna, Jiyoon and the princess" she whispers. "But...."

Jihyun stared at her in fear. "There's someone...."

"First prority is to help the princess. " Sohyun ordered.

"wait!" Jihyun holds her. "They are about to fight against someone very powerful, I can't identify that person!"

Sohyun nods. "That's why I have to help them" and she look at the others. "Let's go! now!"

 

---

 

Gayoon fell on the ground, out of breath. Hyuna rushed to help her to get up.

"Gayoon...try to stand up...these people..." but Gayoon pushed her away

"You...what did he mean?? Why did he say something like that?" She was scared, upset and doubting everything.

"Now it's not...!" Hyuna trying to calm the princess down

"AND WHEN?!" Gayoon yells frustrated. "you are hiding something from me!"

"Gayoon"

"Don't treat me like an idiot!" Gayoon looks at her fiercely. "When he spoke, you were scared and Jiyoon too! He spoke like he knows both of you well..."

"Gayoon..."

"What he meant with dark moon?!"

Hyuna is unable to speak for a moment. "Gayoon...he's just..."

Gayoon slaps her. "You are lying to me!"

Hyuna is shocked at Gayoon who stands up. Gayoon looked intimidating, tears falling from her beautiful face that was angered by fear and uncertainty. Too often she had dreamt of see her standing for herself, powerful and determined. Her face burned from the slap.

"Now tell me...what do you know about Junhyung and Dark Moon?! NOW!"

"I..."

 

Hyuna closes her eyes remembering what her brother had told her not long ago.

 

"Would you kill me for her...to kill your own brother for her?"

"I would! You and even the whole world if I have to!" She pronounces every word with repressed fury and he smiles and then laughs.

"I like that attitude of yours, sister! But how tragic we are destined to bring misery to your beloved Gayoon, by killing her father..."

"You may be in love with her...but does she love you? Aren’t you just a loyal pet, a good friend, if you are any lucky?" Junhyung mocked at her. "And what if she find out your true identity?"

 

"Hyuna! Answer me now!" Gayoon ordered her again.

"Dark Moon...the clan of those who seek power to conquer all kingdoms...the assassin clan hidden in shadows..." Hyuna was now with her eyes covered in tears. "We...we swore loyalty to our clan and to do anything to avenge our ancestors that were banished from this kingdom, long time ago..."

Gayoon looked at HYuna horrified.

"Father...always said that we were loyal to the king but those in the royal family were too weak, too powerless to rule. They banished our ancestors and killed a lot of us and even magicians. They are coward and weak. People wants strong and lawful rulers. We shouldn't live in shadows so that's why..."

“No…No…this can’t be…so…everything was a lie…you were just here…as a spy…all these years…you were just…NOOOO!” Gayoon was losing her mind, she was losing focus. All she have in mind is all those happy time that Hyuna and her was together, all those time when Hyuna smile at her and promise that no matter what she will stay by her side.

Hyuna couldn't look at Gayoon anymore. "Yes..at first..it was to spay but...I came here and...I couldn't...kill you...please..believe me..Gayoon, my princess..please believe me…!!" Hyuna tears were falling out.

-----------

"I can't guarantee your safety, Jihyun-unnie" Sohyun stared at the battle between Jiyoon and Junhyung.

"Don't worry about me. Princess Gayoon is not far from here." Jihyun added.

"I have to help Jiyoon, I have to." Sohyun looked at her comrades. "Jihyun, please help them to find the princess..."

Sungjae and the others nodded and with Jihyun guiding them they headed towards the princess. Sohyun climbs on top of a tree and prepares herself to shoot at that man.

"Please, hold on a little longer Jiyoon!" Sohyun muttered, prepare her aim at Junhyung.

 

 

TBC....

----

Hello!!! Sorry for the delay on updating!   thanks for still staying with us!

Until next chapter!!! ^ ^