The Mission

Love and Betrayal

Covered by the darkness of a moonless night, two shadows were talking to each other in a small dark room, discussing a T.O.P secret assignment. 

 

Ordinary people doesn’t know if they are real, or just a myth, no one have ever seen them, no one knows how many people are in this group, all they know is, if someone want to find them, they will have to go through a very dangerous forest in which there are traps everywhere. To find them, they have to risk their lives. Thousands of people have died before even being able to reach them. 

 

No, they are not gods, they are not devil, either.  They are part of “Dark Moon”, an assassination association. Everyone in that group are raise to kill, they’ve been trained to learn everything in the world including all kind of martial arts, and survival skills, and other skills such as cooking,, cleaning, weapons development, science and some more. They were the best of the best, being powerful  both military and economically.

 

Those that couldn’t survive the severe training, simply end up dying because of the extreme tests or executed, there was no mercy, even if there are young people, they would just discard them without any contemplation. They can’t trust anyone, not even their comrades because every once a while, they will have to fight each other to remain at the elite,  meaning they have to kill each other eventually, so there was no point in trying to have any kind of friendships with each other.

People who manage to get into the forest, will leave the required fee on the basket and write down what they want them to do, the “Dark Moon” association will look through it, if they accept it they will send a letter to them, if they reject it they will give the money back to the people or ask them to pay them more.

But that special night, things was getting even more intense, there was a very important mission because it involved to attack the kingdom.

 

“Sir, Do you have requested to see me?”

“Yes, Jiyoon, you have a new mission.  T.O.P secret “

Jiyoon tensed with the mention of the level of the current mission. As usual, it involved to not ask any questions and do her job like usual. She realized that this mission meant that they trust in her skills.

You will be sent to the Heo kingdom, try to get into it, I know there’s number of test to pass but with the skills you have learn, it shouldn’t be any problem for you. As you get in there, get as much information as you can about the kingdom so we can take over it. Secondly, kill their princess!”

That was the mission that was assign to Jiyoon few years ago. She doesn’t know her own past, all she know is, she was raise in a place where there’s bunch of lost kids like her. Since young, they were trained to be cold-hearted killer machines. They have no such words such as “Friend, Trust, Love”, the only word that they know is “Kill”. Jiyoon was a professional assassin, she had being name in their group as the cold heart killer, she kills without hesitation, just doing what she was ordered to do without asking any questions.

After that night, she was set to leave her “home” to her new mission, she has being going all around the world to do her job, she actually liked it, she like to travel around, she don’t mind killing people as long as she get her job done, she can have anything she wants. There was a paper on the wall hiring people for the Castle, she walked towards the interview.

During the interview, for once, Jiyoon’s plan didn’t go as well, she didn’t notice that for this kingdom only man are allowed to be soldier, so she was stuck by going into being a maid. Honestly, Jiyoon didn’t like to clean, didn’t like to do any traditional woman’s job even though she’s good at it, she rather go around all day carrying sword, weapon and fight than being an ordinary girl.

“I don’t have a choice anyways….” She sighs in frustration.

She went into the interview, they had to do lots of competition to pick the top positions, obviously it was a piece of cake for her, she got to work in the kitchen.

“Sigh…How am I even able to get in contact with higher rank people by being a maid…this job is stupid!!!!! Why does it take over 20 maids to cook a freaking meal! I can do them all by myself!! Geez!  At this rate, I will never be able to complete my mission and go back to my so call “home”!!”

During her stay there, she had heard a lot of gossip in the royalty, especially about the princess. They kept saying that the princess has a nice figure,  that her beauty had not competition and she has a heart of an angel but no one actually saw the princess’s face, so there were people who was also bashing that it was all fake and she must look like an old hag. The reason why no one actually see her face is that she always wear a mask because her father, the king disallow people to see her bare face. Only the royalties knows how she really look like. Another thing they heard was that no matter where she goes, she would bring joy to everyone. She wouldn’t hesitate to help anyone in need, even if they were homeless. Every once in a while, she would go out of the kingdom to give free food to the homeless and children. She would even go to the kitchen and work with the maids to prepare the food. That made Jiyoon happy, she knew that would be her chance to get close to her. She was anticipating for the princess to come, and that day have arrive shortly.

That day, she heard that the princess will be coming down the next day to discuss with the head maid and prepare food for the homeless. She knew that was her chance, it was her only chance to get close to her and then kill her. At least she would have complete one of her mission here, all that’s left for her would be to get as much information as possible about the kingdom. That night, she got her plan ready, she was ready to kill. She puts her sharp knife into her pocket and was ready to do her job.

The next day has arrived, the princess steps into the room, everyone was happy to see her, ready to serve at any order from her “Nice to see you again, your highness” they said at unison.

As Jiyoon bows down, she had her knife ready in her pocket, she was ready, she was just waiting for a chance that the princess would be alone so she can murder her but it was hard, wherever she goes, she’s with people. At this rate, Jiyoon knew she would not be able to succeed in her plan, so she decide to walk forward to the princess while carrying the soup on a tray, as she walk forward she trip herself and make the soup fall for the highness, dirtying her dress. The head maid started to scold at Jiyoon and she quickly apologizes and offers to clean her up in the washroom. She grabs her hand without hesitation and drags her into the washroom. She was expecting the princess to scream at her or something but she wasn’t mad, she followed her and started to wipe her dress, Jiyoon was ready to take out her knife, but before she take it out, she finally got to see the princess face, it was beautiful, she never saw anyone so beautiful in her life. She was stunned by her beauty.

The princess looked at her and notices she was staring at her, she smiled at Jiyoon and said: “I’m Gayoon, nice to meet you…and you are…?”

Jiyoon stared at her in amazement, until she realizes that she’s being acting silly and blinks. “Ji…Jiyoon…”

Gayoon smiles and Jiyoon swears that she hasn’t seen a smile brighter and more beautiful that she has. She hides carefully the knife In her pocket and feels miserably by seeing her innocence. She can’t bring herself to destroy someone so pure and kindhearted.

“I can’t do this…” She thinks feeling something that she hasn’t feeling in years…regret and fear…

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the first chapter :) tell me what you think about it ^^'