The Person I Used to Trust

The Reason I Became A Witch

 

~Hyemi~
 
          We've arrived at the palace! Yay! To be exact, we were actually in the woods outside the palace, or whatever Luhan said. How in the world did he know the way here, who cares? We made it in record time! About 3 weeks... I think? Surely Hyesun's still alive and alright? Right?
 
          "So... Luhan, how will we get in? Can we go ASAP? I need to get to Hyesun!" I asked, anxious to find my sister as quickly as possible. 
 
          "Shouldn't we first consider the fact that guards are everywhere?" Sehun snapped. Well, he had a point there. 
 
          "Maybe you guys should consider the fact that the queen's guards have good hearing and know that you're here." 
 
          Sehun and I quickly tried to run, but it was too late, and we were both surrounded. The guard who was after me and Hyesun before cuffed my wrists and his partner cuffed Sehun's. Where was Luhan at a time like this? I frantically looked around, but to no avail. Sehun looked as desperate as I was. 
 
          "Hmmm... She's fatter than Hyesun, and less pretty too. But I heard she's more powerful," the guard from before said. Okay, that hurt.
 
          "Heeeey! I am NOT fat! And I AM pretty!" And speaking of my powers... Why didn't I think of using them?
 
          Remove these cuffs! NOW!
 
          I expected him to start removing the cuffs immediately, but he just stood there. And then he started to laugh. 
 
          "Handcuffs... that restrain... powers..." He said in between giggles. "You're just like your sister... you... underestimated.. the queen." 
 
          "Dude, that's not even funny." Sehun commented. Amen, brother. 
 
          "Nah, it's just that you guys are so similar," he said, calming down.
 
          "What do you know about her?" I narrowed my eyes. 
 
          "Well, I'm the guard posted outside her room, so I get to talk to her sometimes." Wait, wait, wait. The guard posted outside Hyesun's room?
 
          "Well what are you waiting for? Take us there!!" 
 
          "Huh? Noona? Why are you allowing yourself to be captured so easily? Heeey, not me too! I'm not a witch!" Sehun protested, as we were both being taken inside the palace. "Where the eff is Luhan anyway?" 
 
          "Aw who cares about him? This is the quickest way in the palace! And it's not like we can fight them." I held up my handcuffs to prove my point. 
 
          Sehun just rolled his eyes and looked away. When we got inside though, he couldn't hide his amazement. "Noonaaaa the palace is so nice! I can see my reflection on the walls! And yours too!" Lol, how childish. But it made me look, and I saw my filthy reflection staring back at me. I wonder how Hyesun looked.
 
          The guard, who introduced himself as Chansung, said that he would take us to Hyesun's dungeon. Shiver. We passed some creepy rooms and one especially protected one where a pretty girl was in. 
 
           When she saw my face she started screaming and pointing at me. "It's her! And her sister!" she looked disheveled, crazy even. I got scared and backed away. 
 
          "Don't mind her. Just keep on walking." Chansung moved us along until we got to the end of the hallway. 
 
          An elaborately locked room was standing in front of us. As soon as Chansung opened the door, I rushed in. 
 
          I can honestly say that we had a sappy sisterly reunion. Tears and snot were all over the place, and we were hugging each other so tightly that I was afraid our bones would break. Call me cheesy, but she was the only family I had left.
 
           Interrupting our touching moment was Chansung's annoying voice. "See? I told you Hyemi's fatter." 
 
          "No! Noona's not fatter, she's curvier. ier." Kill me now please, what was Sehun saying? 
 
          "Ya! Hyemi! Did you come get me, or did you just pick up some boytoys?" 
 
          "What?!" I spluttered. "Sehun's just one of the guys I was traveling with, right Sehun?"
 
          "Uhh... sure." 
 
          "About the guys you were traveling with..." Hyesun began, but I cut her off. "Unni.. nothing happened, I promise."
 
          "It's not that... what's the name of the other guy?"
 
          "Luhan. He disappeared when we were captured though.. Why?" 
 
          "Luhan? That's it! Hyemi, he disappeared because..." 
 
          Just then the door opened and in came a pretty girl whom I presumed was the ice queen. 
 
          "Welcome! Welcome to my humble abode." Humble, my . "Why don't we introduce ourselves, hmm?" She sounded sweet, but I'm sure on the inside she was a true, cold-hearted b*tch. "I'm Jessica, and you are..?"
 
          Just to humor her, I spun and even curtsied before I introduced myself. "I'm Hyemi, Hyesun's sister."
 
          "Oh, well let me introduce my brother." And a familiar face entered the room. I couldn't help it, I shouted. "Luhan?!"