The Truth of the Matter

The Reason I Became A Witch

 

Sehun! Don't look!" What? Who was this Sehun and what was he doing to my sister! Ughh!! First that Luhan and now this? What was going on with my sister?
 
          "Sorry to interrupt your... moment, but the queen's here to see you." Chansung's peeked in through the door, he doesn't even knock anymore before he goes in. Still rolling in my bed and panicking, I blushed when the queen saw and raised her eyebrows at me. 
 
          "Okaaaay... just so you know, Hyemi's totally safe with those guys," she said. 
 
          "Whatever! I was just worried about her." 
 
          "Worried? She's just your sister for crying out loud! She can take care of herself! Worry about yourself first!"
 
           "Ughhh don't you get it? It's not like I can help it, a sibling is naturally always concerned for another sibling. Well, you wouldn't know, you don't have any family to love or to receive love from." It's common knowledge to the kingdom that the queen murdered her own parents. Her brother also disappeared and her sister went insane. 
 
           "Shut up! You don't know anything about me!" Tears formed under her eyes but they started to freeze and she batted them away. Then she walked out. 
 
          "What was that all about?" Chansung let himself in, and sat beside me on the bed.
 
           "I told her that she had no family to love and receive love from. It's true anyway." 
 
          Chansung didn't reply at once, instead, he stood up, walked over to one of the untouched cabinets, and pulled out a notebook from the top shelf. He handed it to me, signaling me to read it. I flipped it open to the first page.
 
           Dear Diary,
 
          "Seriously? Dear Diary?" 
 
          "Oh, just shut up and read."
 
          Today unni went too far. Instead of just protecting me and oppa like always, she hurt them! Mom and dad... They're frozen right now, and I'm worried that unni won't ever unfreeze them again."
 
          "And this is the diary of... the queen's sister, I presume?" 
 
          "Yeah... just continue reading..."
 
          I flipped a few pages.
 
          Dear Diary Ugh.
 
          Unni... she... killed them... What do I do now? It's probably my fault!! Unni's going crazy! I'M GOING CRAZY! That girl... she has to come! Quickly! To the palace. The girl... The girl.. NOW! That's when I noticed that the writing on this page was draggier... like the pencil was being forced across the paper. How could they both go crazy like this?
 
          "The queen... she killed her parents because they were planning to kill her sister." Chansung's voice was softer than usual. 
 
          "Is her sister still alive? And where is her brother?"
 
          "Yeah, Krystal's still alive." It wasn't Chansung's voice that answered me, but the queen's. "She's just going crazy in one of the other dungeons. This used to be her room you know?" She chuckled darkly.
 
          "As for my brother, I can say that yes, Luhan is still alive, safe, and coming to the palace as we speak."