The Awkward Moment When

The Reason I Became A Witch

 

~Hyemi~
 
          I had a confession to make. About Sehun. I thought he was gay. For Luhan. In my defense, he always stuck to Luhan and defended him when I said something mildly insulting or whatever. Even the day after that night, when Luhan attacked Sehun, he still stood up for Luhan. You couldn't blame me for thinking that way. Seriously. 
 
          After the knife incident, I chose to ignore Luhan until he apologized. It seemed like he wasn't going to do that anytime soon, so I just talked a lot with Sehun instead. I learned a lot about him... And his loyalty to Luhan. He would lay down even his life for that pretty boy. See this is why I thought he had the hots for "Lulu".
 
          One of those days, we decided to camp out near a river. I decided to wash myself, cause it's been days since I've taken a bath and  I was starting to smell like a forest animal. I got up at midnight and checked whether Sehun and Luhan were still asleep. Yep, and Luhan was snoring too. I snuck into the river. Ahhhhhh... The water was so relaxing. I took a bath quickly.
 
          After washing up, I went to get the fresh clothes I laid out on the bank of the river. As I was getting up, I found myself face-to-face with Sehun. 
 
          Panicked, I unintentionally used my powers on him. Sehun! Don't look!
 
          Thankfully, he complied without a fight, turning around at once. "I wasn't going to look! Sorry for my bad timing, noona." He sounded sheepish.
 
          I guess he wasn't meaning to find me here anyway. "What, um... made you come here anyway?"
 
          "I woke up in the middle of night and noticed you weren't in the tent. I just came out to look for you. Sorry again for... this." 
 
          "It's okay, it's okay. I know you didn't mean to do it. Let's just go back to the tent." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
          The next day, Luhan and I continued to snob each other but now even Sehun somewhat avoided me. I guess the incident last night didn't really improve our relationship. Or... was my body really that traumatizing? But whatever, we just needed to get to the castle and that's what we were doing. Luhan said that we were getting closer, one or two more weeks and we'd be there. 
 
          So the days were filled with awkward silence and the nights were even worse. Our sleeping positions were rearranged, with me at one edge of the tent and where Sehun once was, now Luhan slept, perpendicular to my feet. Sehun was on the other side of Luhan. Every night was one in which I couldn't fall asleep, anticipation to get to our destination stronger than any caffeine. 
 
          One night, as I was pretending to be asleep (just like every night), I heard Luhan and Sehun's voices drifting in from outside the tent. 
 
          "Hey, you and Hyemi suddenly stop talking, and then you suddenly want to switch sleeping places with me. What's up?" Luhan asked.
 
         "Um... actually, the other day, I woke up in the middle of the night and Hyemi noona was missing, so I went out to look for her." 
 
          "Go on..." Luhan prompted.
 
          "And I ran into her... She just finished taking a bath..." I swear, I could practically hear him blushing.
 
          "Oh... I see... I see... And? Is she y?" Luhan teased. That . 
 
          "Ya! I'm not like that!" Sehun was frantically trying to defend himself. 
 
          "Just kidding, haha. You know you don't have to avoid her. She's been trying to talk to you these past few days, so she's probably over it and just wants to act like nothing happened." Huh. Luhan was smarter than I thought. 
 
          "Oh. Okay, I'll stop avoiding her." I heard them stand up and then the sounds of their footsteps heading in this direction. I quickly dove under the covers and shut my eyes. The footsteps were getting louder, but right before entering the tent, they stopped.
 
          "Oh, and one last thing. Lulu?"
 
          "Yeah?"
 
          "Noona is y. Haha." 
 
          Oh. I guess Sehun wasn't gay after all.