Five

Why

Lee Taemin always wake up at four in the morning. He doesn't know why-maybe his internal clock works that way.

Its four in the morning and he's awake now.

Its four in the morning and he is expecting to have Minho's arms still wrapped around him. He doesn't know what he is feeling really but he does know that he wants Minho to still be there when he wakes up.

The loss of warmth next to him caused him to wake up from his bed. He honestly wondered where the elder boy could have gone at four in the morning.

He walks outside his room. Finding the lights in his kitchen switched on with Minho sitting at the island in his kitchen. Hair all messy while he seems to be writing something on a piece of white sheet.

"What are you doing?" Taemin yawned as he opened his fridge. His tummy was grumbling.

"Trying to win your heart." the boy answers back with a smile on his face.

"How exactly?" Taemin asks as he fills a bowl with cherries.

"Its a letter-sort of I guess." Minho keeps on writing. The younger boy now took a bottle of honey and poured it onto the bowl of cherries.

"Ah-a love letter?"

"Anything for you precious." The elder boy winks at him.

"Why do you like me so much?" he asks as he eats his honey-coated cherries with a spoon.

"What are you eating?" the elder boy eyes the meal Taemin made.

"Cherries with honey."

"At four in the morning?"

"You're writing a letter at four in morning."

"Do you know how unhealthy that is? What do you even eat all day?" Minho scolds the younger boy as he opens up the fridge to see what Taemin has in it.

"Honey, cherries, chocolate syrup, soda, almonds,chilli sauce-is there anything edible in this?" Minho continues to scold the boy.

"I only eat my favourites."

"Fuc-I'll go to my apartment and cook you something. Aish-how can you even live like this?" Minho grumbles as he heads to the door.

"I thought your apartment exploded."Taemin retorted.

"My fridge didn't."

"Its four in the morning. You don't have to cook for me."

"But I do. I don't want my precious to get sick." Minho smiles at him before he exits the apartment in his pajamas.

 

Taemin eyes the letter and pen left on the table.

He is curious.

So he takes the white sheet in his hands and reads it.

 

 

Precious,

 I'm not really a writer but since I can't say what I want to-this is the only choice.

You asked me why I love you. Such an unfair question. Do you have any idea how hard it is to think of an answer?

I love you because you feel like a dream to me.

But that is not just-

I love you because you are beautiful.

But that is not just-

I love you because you never lie.

But that is not just-

I love you because of the way you smile.

But that is not just-

I love you because you're so warm.

But that is not just-

I love you because you gave your first kiss to me.

But that is not just-

I love you because you get me all hot and bothered.

But that is not just-

I love you because of the way you say your words.

But that is not just-

I love you because you can stick a spoon to your nose-I think that's very cool.

But that is not just-

I love you because you have no boundaries. (i'll show you the perfect position soon enough)

But that is not just-

I love you because

 

 

 

The letter isn't finished and Taemin can no longer breathe.

"You're not suppose to read that. Its not done yet." he hears a voice scolding him. He can smell freshly made pancakes from the door.

"You wrote that?" Taemin whispers.

"Its stupid. I know-" the elder boy tries to say.

"Its a stupid question isn't it? To ask why you love me." Taemin says back.

"Tae-"

"I won't ask anymore." Taemin says as he wraps around his arms around Minho's waist.

"Taemin, did I do so-"

"I won't ask anymore. I'll just be thankful that I have you."

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: the next chapter would probably be the last one.