One

Why

"I-I love you." A boy stuttered in midst of his confession to one of the prettiest boys in school.

"You love me?" the pretty boy asked back as he stood there,staring back at his confess-sor.

"Yes. I-I really do love you. I can't stop thinking about you." the boy admits to his feelings. Holding a teddy bear wrapped in a big red ribbon.

"Why?" the blonde asks.

"Huh?" the confessing boy was taken aback slightly by the sudden question.

"Why do you love me?" those words came out of those pretty lips.

"I-I don't know. I just do."

"There must be a reason for you to love."

"I-"

"There must be a reason right? It is the way I look? The way I speak? Or is it the idea of just having a boyfriend?" the boy asks back. Consumed in his own world instead of focusing on the stuttering boy.

"Taemin?" the boy calls out his name after a moment.

"Oh-yes? You need anything else?" Taemin asks. His head not fully with the boy. He's not rude, just really really consumed with his thoughts.

"My feelings for you. Do you-"

"Feel the same way?" Taemin continues his question.

"Yes."

"Well, I don't know how to actually."

"I can-will you at least give me a chance?"

"I could but even you don't know why you love me."

 

 

And that was the fifth person who has confessed to Lee Taemin in the last four weeks. Taemin had always been fascinated by the thoughts of relationship and humans in general. That is why he is studying psychology. He wants to know why humans do certain things humans do. Like he wonders why humans tend to agree on everything when you're about to pee. Or like how your voice volume tends to go up higher and higher when your mad. Or like why people tend to get lazier when exams are closer when they know they should be studying.

Love-Taemin knows what love is. He's heard far too many love songs. Watched too many love movies. Sneaked up on his parents when they think they are alone.

But how does one person love another person so much? Why would they focus their everything on that person? That is the thing that has been lingering in Taemin's mind ever since he got his first confession three months ago. Maybe it was because he had been homeschooled his entire life, so he doesn't really know how relationships work in the outside world.

Really, when he got his first confession. His first thought was why would anyone love him? Is it because of his genes? Or his voice? Or the way he dresses? Or the things he likes?

 

So when his lecturer had given them a new project that would account to 30 percent of their finals, Taemin couldn't have picked a better project than 'What Makes People Fall In Love' or 'The Big Why' , he has not really decided on the title of his thesis.

The only problem was how was he suppose to execute such a project?

He had been wandering the entire college. Mostly love birds and asked them more than enough questions. None had given him a real answer. They were vague and mostly unhelpful. He couldn't actually write a 3000 word thesis just based on a few sentences.

 

"Because I just love him."

"I don't know why. I just do."

"He's my everything."

"She is perfect."

"I just can't stop thinking about her."

"We're just friends with benefits."

"It was love at first sight."

"She's just smokin' hot."

"How can I not love him?"

 

It frustrated the hell out of Taemin by the end of the week. So he decides to go eat ice-cream because he is Lee Taemin who loves sweet things.

He was spooning himself a big spoon of chocolate ice-cream when he saw a certain tall boy walking into the ice-cream parlour. He was holding a pretty brunnette in his arms. Whispering to her sweet nothings that made her blush endlessly. Taemin watched them for a full hour before he kissed the girl goodbye. She seemed so happy that he kissed her. And then so sad that she had to say goodbye.

Moments later, another girl who was slightly taller came in and jumped into the boy's arms. Kissing his cheeks and blushing after doing so,. Another hour was spent. But this time, the boy didn't whisper as many sweet things to the girl. He just sat there quietly and let the girl talk. When the girl left, the boy glanced around and smiled at a group of girls. The girls in the parlour smiled back at him. The boy was not even loyal to one person and yet they still wanted his attention.

Taemin wondered why so many people loved or at least liked the tall boy so much. There must a reason of some sort. And Taemin realises he had found the solution to his problems.

So he walked to the table where the boy was sitting and

"Can I talk to you?" he asked.

"Sure sweet thing." the brunnette smiled at him. He is a person who loves pretty things, this boy who just walked up to him is probably the shiniest object he's seen so far.

"My name is Lee Taemin." The blonde introduced himself. His head gearing up for his next question.

"And my name is Choi Minho."

"Can I follow you around?"

 

 

 

 

Author's notes: i feel so spoiled. this baby got 6 upvotes and 126 subbies before I even posted it. Sorry for the crappy first chap. it was sort of necessary for the flow of the story. the ball will be rolling in the next update maybe.