chapter 6

Soul Touch With Fingers

Chapter 6

 

Baekhyun had his ways with girls and Ahri? Was the she same as any girl that Baekhyun approached? Maybe.....maybe not. Though what both could not notice is that a black BMW was following them. What lies inside the car was some business that Baekhyun and his friends needed to take care of. Just as Baekhyun stepped down the stairs and turn on his motorcycle, Ahri went inside her home quietly. She went up the stairs and drop herself on the edge of her bed as her purse fell on the hardwood floor. Her heart thumped irregularly and she face palm herself, feeling her cheeks redden more.

What is this?

She asked herself in curiosity. Did she want this to happen? She only wanted to know more of this Baekhyun just as friends, but she never thought that her relationship with him be more than this. Though more than that, she feared it especially because its Baekhyun. She knew his personality was quite odd that he would be nonchalant at times as moments where he cared about her. This Baekhyun was someone she could not figure out how he makes her feel this way. Maybe because he was the first boy she encountered from the beginning of this year. Just before Baekhyun turned his motorcycle on, he took a glimpse of the lit room in Ahri’s house. His eyes were meet by a threatening glare from someone and he knew to be calm at this situation. Every move that Baekhyun did, their gazes did not break a second. Baekhyun putted on his bike helmet and left the place in an instant.

* * *

“Yah! Where were you last night?” Chanyeol lightly slap Baekhyun on the shoulder just when he put his combination.

 

“I went out.” Baekhyun opened his locker to grab his backpack. 

 

“Pssshhhh. Like what?” Sehun leaned back on his locker with his arms cross over his chest. 

 

“Is my life that interesting to you?” Baekhyun slammed his locker next to Sehun’s after being slightly irritated that his friends were trying to meddle in his life.

 

“Ani. We invited you last night but you declined. Why?” Sehun his left eyebrow in curiosity and all eyes were on Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun slowly breathed in before speaking again. “Why whats wrong with me declining an offer?”

 

“You never decline once to go out for a smoke or drink with us.” Sehun stared at Baekhyun. 

 

“Well, I had some business to do.” Baekhyun fixed the straps of his backpack with a pull.

 

“What did boss tell you to do this time?” Chanyeol asked with a worrisome look. Baekhyun and among his friends knew that the boss likes to have their hands dirty on something, but what? Every now and then, Baekhyun was most likely to ditch school in the afternoon or never come to school for a week. Baekhyun knew his friends fear what will happen to him, but Baekhyun let out a light chuckle and patted Chanyeol on the shoulder. Chanyeol bit his bottom lip and faintly smiled.

 

“See you later in class.” Baekhyun walked in between both of them with one of his hands tuck in his khakis. 

 

“Did boss call you?” Sehun spoke softly, not letting other students hear their conversation as they pass by.

 

“No.” Chanyeol exhale a long deep breath seeing their friend leave the hallways.

 

“It’s so hard to tell if hes lying or not.” He remarked and turned his head sideways to look at Sehun who was glancing over the white, clear floors. Sehun was in deep thought to figure out whats going on with Baekhyun, but couldn’t find a clue. Baekhyun has been friends with Sehun, Chanyeol, Chen, D.O., and Kai for a longtime though never tell his dark secrets. Never had he spoken about his child life or leisurely talk about his family members.

 

After a long silence, the school bell rang for the first period of the day. All students rush into their classes and no one else was in the hallways except for them.

 

“Wanna go up to the rooftop?” Sehun straightened his back and pulled out a joint, twirling it in his fingers infront of Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol couldn’t resist it, so he tries to snatch it right out of Sehun’s hand making the fellow laugh.

 

“Uh-uh.” Sehun lifted his index finger, taking the joint from Chanyeol’s mouth. Chanyeol was surprised and was slightly mad for Sehun’s actions.

 

“That’s worth more than 20 bucks.” Sehun spoke with a dialect. 

 

“Just shut up and give it to me.” Chanyeol grumbled and harshly grab it. 

 

Sehun watch Chanyeol push it between his thin lips and right away, lit it up with his steel lighter from the insides of his uniform jacket. Sehun chuckled to see that his friend was Both walked together side by side and ran up the stairs leading the rooftop silently, not uttering a sound.  

 

“Eun-hee?”

 

“Here.” The student spoke out loud as the teacher called the list of other students from the front.

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

The teacher lifts his head from the book and examines the room only to find that he is not sitting in his assigned seat. “Hmmm. Absent.” Ahri’s teacher mark him down in the attendance book and closed it to begin class.

 

Ahri slightly moves her head to her right trying to find a light sound that he might be there, but nothing. She frowns to feel the empty space next to her and tilts her head down feeling downhearted. Was it because of her that he didn’t show up she thought. What about Chanyeol? Ahri could not figure out where could they be but she found hope that she would be able to see Kai, Chen or Sehun. 

 

Right after three long periods, all students walk out to grab lunch or roam around the campus. Though Ahri stayed seated in her classroom alone knowing she has brought homemade lunch. Ahri opens her lunchbox cover slowly and grabs a pair of chopsticks that laid the right side of her desk. Using her chopsticks, she tapped and dabbed her food discovering it was a fried rice bento with freshly cut vegetables and chicken katsu. Little by little, she ate her food in silence and drank her milk. Before she could take a bite of her tomato, her ears perked up hearing footsteps making her way. She froze for a second noticing the person grabbed a chair and pulled it infront of her. It was a boy by exact by his strong cologne. He sat down and pulled his hands intertwined together on Ahri’s desk. The ends of his lips curled upwards and glance at her with soft, gentle eyes. 

 

“Hi Ahri.” The male finally spoke with a raspy voice. He cleared his throat and straightened his back to get a better view of Ahri.

 

“K-Kai?” She hesitated.

 

He lightly chuckles to find her attractive in an endearing way. 

 

“Sounds like you’re still afraid of me.” He stated, but truthfully he was right. Kai did call Ahri for plans yesterday, but she declined and said she had other plans for the night. Inside Ahri, she deeply felt terrible for the fact that she chose Baekhyun over Kai especially when Kai was the first person to ever talk to her in school. No one dared to talk to the blind girl and she was always alone. Listening to music was her favorite hobby and she would always replay this one song whenever she felt down. 

 

“I’m sorry.” She lightly bowed her head in shame.

 

“If you feel sorry, how about going out with me for some ice cream today?

 

* * *

 

Going out for some ice cream with Kai was what she did. As a gentleman Kai was, he lended his arm to her and lead the way. The day was awfully hot in the afternoon and it was best to get something cold to eat. As passers pass by them, young adults found them so cute and adorable to see these kind of rare couples. Kai; a bad boy with such charismatic with an innocent girl, Ahri. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Are you ready to order?” The cashier woman smiled with her white teeth shown, waiting for Kai and Ahri’s order.

 

Kai chimed, looking through the menu with wonderful choices to choose from and he took a second to glance over Ahri who was in glee also. She had a beautiful smile yet not much witnesses it because she was alone as always. Now that Kai and along with his other friends to be hanging out with her, she felt somewhat special and happy.

 

“What do you feel like eating Ahri?” Kai said cheerfully.

 

It was cute, yet humorous for Ahri because she could not decide. “I think its hard for me to decide. It’s likely because I am blind.” She whispered to Kai’s ear as he leaned towards her.

 

Kai’s mouth jaw dropped to only finally realizing it and turned to the person with an awkward laughter.

 

“I’m sorry.” Ahri laughed lightheartedly and then listened to Kai’s order.

 

“May I have two expresso coffee ice cream with dark chocolate?” The cashier lady pinned down the buttons and waited for Kai to pay his bill.

 

He pulled out his wallet and offer the right amount just when their order was already made and served with a smile on the cashier’s face.  

 

“Here you go. Have a great day!”  The person handed the two ice creams with two cute little spoons with a bear at the end. Kai then scanned the room to find two seats and as a couple left a table, Kai bowed to them and let Ahri sit across from him. 

 

Ahri then felt a sudden touch from Kai that he was trying to place the spoon in the palm of her hand and position the pint of ice cream infront of her. He slowly helped her right hand to reach over the pint and let her dab it.

 

Ahri gleamed to find her dessert and she started digging in to find the ice cream so delicious and creamy on her tongue. Just as Kai saw her gleam in happiness, he also started eating with her. The day has been one of Kai’s best moments and Ahri just completed it. Everything she did made Kai feel warmth inside.

 

Just when Ahri took the last scoop of her ice cream and stuffed it in , a little smudge of the dessert laid on her soft, pink lips. Kai hesitated for a second, but his right hand just had to reach in to just lightly swipe over her lips making her flinch. His gentleness made her heart flutter and she blushed within the minute.

 

“I’m sorry.” Kai apologizes, taking it the wrong way but Ahri thought it was thoughtful for him.

 

“Do you feel like going home now?” He asks to stop the silence.

 

“Mmmmm.” Ahri nods with her lips pursued together. 

 

Kai gets up and goes around the table to pull her chair out as she stands up also. Walking down the cold city of Seoul, Ahri shivered. 

 

“Here.” Kai threw his uniform jacket over her shoulders and wrapped his left arm around her right arm as they walked side by side. Ahri felt her body stiffened in his movements that she tried her best to act normal. 

 

Was she not comfortable with both boys? Kai and Baekhyun? Or is it because she never have met such human beings to stay by her side so close? No matter what, she was thankful for them to let her explore this world little by little.

 

“Kai?” Ahri stops in her tracks as Kai looked at her with questioning eyes.

 

“Ne.” Kai responded.

 

“What am I to you?” Kai blinks at her blankly.

 

“Why did you chose to talk to a person like me?” She asks again as Kai pulls away.

 

“Do you not want me to be friends with you?”

 

“No.” She shook her head cutely. “It’s not that but...”

 

“Ahri, if you think the reason behind it is because you’re blind, it’s not. It’s hard to say, but maybe it is because we are destined.”

 

She was quite confused, never understanding one bit of his words. Was he probably what her mom could be describing? Her true love? Psshhhh. Then what about Baekhyun? Though in Ahri’s state of mind, there was no way one could be her true love when they haven’t confessed or she never felt it. But what is it that her heart is beating in such weird ways? Is she really falling for one of them? But who?

 

The feeling of Kai’s hands slipping in her hands made her flinch alittle. Not because of fear or showing she has no interest in the fellow boy. She felt a wave of electricity throughout her body. Never could she distinguish the touches or feelings she has for both Kai and Baekhyun. She could not see them yet their soft touches, melancholy voices and strong cologne that would be lingering has bewitch her. Both are friends, but she has no idea what they are truly are when their presence is not near her. They are far more worst than the average boys she has meet; they haven’t told who they truly are and what they are made of. Though sooner or later, it will be revealed that they must gain Ahri’s trust.


Sorry for the long wait. It has been three months of stress from school and now it's summer! I'll try my best to complete 10 chapters and their will be an upcoming poll. Please aniticipate the next chapters and upcoming characters that are important in this story. Kai and Baekhyun are different yet they share something dark that will be a shocker to Ahri. What could it be? Hmmmmm? ^^

-Cassi