chapter 2

Soul Touch With Fingers

Chapter 2

 

“Song ah-ri! You’ll be late for school!” Her mother yelled out from downstairs.

“In a minute!” She blurted out. She dumped out all of her belongings from her bag onto the bed and started searching.

She picked up every object, one by one.

Pencil, pen, hairbrush, book......

“Ugh where is it?” Song ah-ri was getting frustrated and couldn’t continue looking as the clock tick tock reaching to 7:30 am. She only had exactly 25 minutes to reach to school and make it to her first period or else she would have to pay the consequences. She then stuffed her belongings back without caring it would be messy in her backpack and ran downstairs with a worried look.

“Let me ride you to school.” Her mother spoke before Song ah-ri could reach the last two steps of stairs. Ahri nodded in response and her mother opened the front door wide enough for both of them.

They both bolted outside and Ahri’s mother rush over to the passenger door, opening it for her daughter. Ahri sat down on the passenger seat and felt for the seatbelt above her right shoulder, pulling it down to click it in place. Her mom then shut the passenger door close and jump in the driver’s seat. Ahri made it to school, 5 minutes before the bell could have ring. She huff and puff all the way to her first period and let out a heavy sigh before entering the classroom. Luckily, her teacher wasn’t there. So, she made her way towards her seat. She was so exhausted running up the stairs and through the hallways that she let her head fall hard on the desk. She hasn’t had p.e. for awhile due to her disabilities and it already felt like a workout for her. Suddenly, her head lifts up by the noise of her teacher’s footsteps stepping inside the classroom. The room got quieter than usual and she was curious.

“Class we have a new student.” Ahri’s teacher held his hand out in front of a young, handsome male student ordering him to introduce himself. The boy just gave the teacher an annoyed look of having to obey him and do such bowing because he is new to the school. Though the boy did as what the teacher wanted.

He stepped up and his head up. “Annyeongsaehyo. My name is Byun Baekhyun.” Saying with such lack of voice.

In response, there was nasty comments from the guys and high pitched screams in excitement from the girls. Baekhyun did love the attention but was sick and tired of doing these things because he has officially attended more than 10 schools in his district his whole life. And this has been his third time of transferring schools in his senior year.

“Oppa~” Random girls shout out behind Ahri and she just cringed of their shrill voices. Of course Ahri did the same to a special someone, but they sounded unpleasant and annoying to listen to. 

“He’s not even good looking.” A boy scoff and his friends nodded. 

“Maybe a biual with that eyeliner of his.” Another comment was added from the group.They weren't impress with his looks, so they cared less to pay attention whatsoever.

Though Baekhyun had a reputation and which those boys could not be. Baekhyun has a high status and was drop dead gorgeous even without the eyeliner. Those boys are just hypocrites, weaklings and ugly ducklings compared to Baekhyun. 

“Okay.” The teacher was trying to lower the class’s volume to not interrupt other classes.

“How about you choose a seat?” The teacher spoke nicely and it took Baekhyun for a second to choose. As he walked slowly in the middle of the class, many of the girls were anticipating to have him sit by  them but he sat near the far right of the class. He chose to sit by nor other than Eunji, one of the queenkas in school. Her clothes was twice as small showing off her curves and her skirt length was at her mid-thighs. She wore a smoky eyeshadow, an olive toned red lipstick, and a 3 inch high heels. Who would've thought that he would sit by an innocent, shy girl like Ahri? Though it was quite obvious, the students thought. Why did Baekhyun picked the empty seat next to Eunji instead of Ahri? He had high expectations and wanted to be "close friends". Though in Baekhyun's eyes weren't full of desire nor lust as he turn his head to look at Eunji who chuckled. Eunji is the school's and what guy wouldn't be interested in her? Could it really be Baekhyun? But why would he actually sit by her?

The rest of the girls were in disgust and just turn their bodies foward facing the board upfront.

An hour of class, students scribbled down every word the teacher wrote on the chalkboard. Though Ahri just sat in her seat, quietly, paying no attention at all. She was drifted off in a wondrous’ land. She couldn’t stop listening to the voice that she followed yesterday. She wished to hear it again. It was soothing and yet, beautiful that she could have fallen asleep. Though she had no clue of his name or if he attended her classes. Worst, she doesn’t know how he looks like. He must be breath taking she thought.

* * *

*ring*

“Wooooo~” Ahri’s classmates cheered in satisfication that it was recess.

Ahri was happy also. What kind of students love listening to the monotone voice of their teachers all day? Almost everyone went downstairs to the store, craving to eat something as their brunch. Ahri who was happy, took out her wallet and clenched it over her chest. She made her way down the stairs and was in the store. Ahri manages to go through the overcrowded area and could hear many voices arguing what to buy as she pass by.

“May I have a soybean milk and Chinese doughnuts?” She kindly ask with a smile when she was infront of the cashier.

“Of course Ahri.” The young woman answered with joy to see Ahri’s face again as always. The individual knew her ever since Ahri attended this school. Ahri who wasn't that social, made friends with the school workers. Ahri had a friend, but lost him due to personal issues. She remembered his scent that tickled her nose, his welcoming smile that shined her day. He was more than a friend: he was a best friend of hers. There were days where she thought about him for a period of time. She wondered where could he be? Was he alright? Most importantly, why didn't he comeback to her?

I'll come back.

Those were his last three words he spoke of to her. It has been a few years she hasn't heard of him, well she thought otherwise. It was like yesterday she actually heard him, but was it? She yearned unconditionally of her best friend whom she trust and love in her heart. He showed her the magnificient beauty in South Korea and created memorable moments for her to look back at. He did no harm to her. Reality has struck her and she knew that love was not cut off of her. Love is excruciating pain for both es and it was Ahri who did not want that. Her best friend leaving her has done so much damage that it was hard for Ahri.

“Make it two.” A voice was overheard in the store. The shouts and screams instantly fade away. Ahri was blank out for a second, and then realized that it was a certain someone who gave her so much attention in the store.

“Arrasso.” The woman awkwardly said and punched in the keyboard calculating the price. Ahri was about to open her wallet until she felt a hand pull it away.

“I can pay.” The boy suggested, pulling out his wallet from the back pockets of his pants. He then handed the woman his money.

“Come again.” The lady gave him the exact change and receipt for the paid food and drinks.

“Here you go.” He happily said picking up the food and drinks off the counter and face her. He seemed to just notice now why she couldn’t take it, which cause him to titter. He then place the soybean milk in her left hand and the Chinese doughnut wrapped in a small package in her right. His hand that brushed on her palm like a feathery touch gave off electricity in Ahri's body. She's not use to skinship with other people that she does not know of. He was still a stranger to her and Ahri could not figure out who he was. 

She slightly bowed her head slowly, thanking him for paying.

“I think I deserve more than that.” He jokingly said.

“Ah.......gamsahamnida.” She spoke as if it was a whisper.

“Song Ah-ri, right?” She was suprised. She paused for a moment before nodding. The entire school knew her, but did not formally introduce themselves or atleast have a conversation with her. She was much of a outcast, but now she became the topic that everyone would be talking around school. 

“I think this is yours.” He pulled out a ipod with a pink, sparkly cover from his khakis and played a song out loud for Ahri to hear. The hair behind Ahri’s neck stood up and her fingers were trembling. The soybean milk and Chinese doughnuts literally slip out of her hands. The song continued to play and loud whispers were heard in the store. 

“Did you enjoy listening to my voice yesterday?” He teasingly said and left Ahri speechless. The ends of his lips crooking upwards; a devious smile, it was.

It was Baekhyun.

Byun Baekhyun.


Sorry for the short update. Did you like the chapter? Little by little, I am giving you details and hints about Baekhyun and Ahri. Please subscribe, upvote or comment. By the end of this week, I'll try to update. About every week, I'll update with 1-2 chapters to please you. Thank you for reading and please anticipate for the next one :) 

-Cassi