chapter 5

Soul Touch With Fingers

Chapter 5

 

 

 

“Hyung.” Sehun was taken surprised, holding his chest in shock to find Baekhyun in their conversation. Much weirder that he knew where they were.

 

“I can stay with Ahri while you grab your lunch.” Baekhyun smiled at his friend whom who was confused. Sehun rubbed his nape before understanding the whole situation.

 

“Sure.” Sehun awkwardly said as he got up and looked at Baekhyun one more time before leaving both.

 

Baekhyun didn’t bother to look at his friend, but bended down infront of Ahri after Sehun left. She could feel his warm breath hitting her lips. It was as if he was gonna kiss her that moment. Her cheeks were turning red and she tried to not move an inch. He was surely playing with her and his cologne intoxicated her nose. It was quite strong, an unpleasant smell mix with something that Ahri could not define. Though she pushed it aside. 

 

Baekhyun just grinned at her and rubbed the top of her head, messing it alittle only for Ahri to refix it. Before she could put her hand down, he took a grab of her wrist. was shaped as an “O” feeling shock. Electricity went through her body and she stiffened herself in an upright position. What was he trying to do? To make the next move? 

 

“Did you fall?” He examined the cuts on her palms and lightly touch it with his thumb.

 

“No...” She nervously said and tried to pull her hand away though Baekhyun got a hold of it. She  was begging for him to let go, instead he tightened his grip and pulled out alcohol wipes and a bandaid from his pockets.

 

“Hold still would you.” He sternly said as he wiped down the dried blood that laid on her palms. Ahri winced in pain, not knowing what he was trying to do but bit her bottom lip. He then blew on her cuts softly and placed a bandaid that covered it all. He just covered her cuts, and Ahri felt more safe. Was he what she thought from the beginning? The gentle, caring person she whom followed because his vocals that seem to flow through her mind like crazy? Or was he just messing with her?

 

“There. I wasn’t trying to hurt you.” He spoke rudely and laid back with his hands pressing down on the grass. 

 

“You may be blind, but you can talk.” He stared at her intensively, noticing she was uncomfortable with him. That’s when she did nothing but listen.

 

She bowed her head down in shame. Ahri didn’t know what to say or do, but let the awkward silence go by. If the boy approached her, can’t he at least continue the conversation she thought. She barely knew him and she was the shy type. 

 

“You don’t talk that much do you?” He lifted a brow in curiosity. 

 

She nodded slowly and only tightened her grip on her skirt, making creases. 

 

“You don’t have to be scared around me. Is my voice unpleasing?” He scratched his chin in amusement.

 

“It’s not that....” She murmured as her palms rubbed against each other in discomfort. 

 

“What is it then?” It sounded demanding, it just made Ahri shaken.

 

“I’m just not used to talking to other students.” She bit her bottom lip harshly and could taste her own blood.

 

“Well from now on, I’ll be your bestfriend.” He held out his right hand for Ahri to shake. It brushed over hers, but Ahri hesitated. Her fingers twitch, finding its way to shake his. She could hear him smirk at her, and certainly he was smiling like an idiot. His smile was then wiped off when his eyes met a familiar someone. He knew that person was asking for some “business” as he twist his head in every direction to hear a sound of cracking. It was a man in his thirties and there stood bodyguards on each side of him. They wore black clothing, but used bright accessories to prove their richness. Of course, the man that stood out in Baekhyun’s eyes gave him fear and curiosity. Why would the gang leader meet him on a day like this? It would have attracted attention, though luckily they were faraway from other students.

 

“I’ll be right back.” Baekhyun’s words became rushed and he left Ahri hanging. He only paid attention to the men in black and gold jewelry. Every step he took, his heart raced three times faster. Many questions popped up in his head and one of them was, what could he possibly do wrong?

 

“How’s my partner in crime?” The man spoke in such delight and pleasure to see Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun showed his respect and bowed exactly 90 degrees, not leaving his eyes off the man that stood before him. He was assuming that he was in deep and who knows that in one second, he would be lying down on the ground, groaning in pain from a sudden attack by the bodyguards.

 

“I’ve got a job for you.” The man gave a wicked smile, puffing smoke in Baekhyun’s face. He held in his breath until the smoke cleared in the air and looked at his boss with a self-composed face. Was his boss willingly to give him a huge amount? What kind of job did he needed to do this time?

 

 

* * *

 

“101, 102, 103, 104, 105,....”

 

“Did you miss me?” Kai who was lying his back against the brick wall that separated the school and the city, calmly said. Ahri jerk back to only meet him once again. School has finally ended just few minutes ago and she was just standing a few feet from Kai. He nonchalantly stood there as underclass students pass by him, squealing inside seeing the handsomest guy in school. Kai was one of the hottest guys in schools, but Ahri did not know. She was just too blind to see what was actually happening around her, but her sensitive ears could hear everything. From what he heard from his friend, Chanyeol said that she was looking for him during lunch which only made him chuckle, and he couldn’t help but think how cute her actions were. He just met her yesterday, and she is already missing him? He took a step forward and leaned his face towards her. He examined her eyes and could see her eyelashes fluttering at him. Her eyes sparkled under the sun, as her long eyelashes made it more beautiful. Oh how he wish to stare at her all day while she looks back, but she couldn’t. Her life has been torn for losing one of her senses.

 

How could she managed to live in this world?

 

Kai has once watched her from afar and couldn’t bear to let his eyes off of her. She has been ignored, alone, not even cared by a single student but only her teachers. Now that he and his other friends stood by her side, nothing would go wrong. He guessed for now. Baekhyun was the only problem in the picture. Kai has warned him once, never twice. Baekhyun should keep his distance and never get involved with Ahri’s heart. He then pulled himself away and waited for her to reply.

 

“I actually wanted to say thank you for taking me home safely. My parents were glad to see me home....not soaking wet.” She felt scared just after the last few words that she spoke. Ahri would sometimes go blank and forget to say the correct words. Just random words or stuttering would result her heart to beat faster in nervousness.

 

Kai let out a chuckle and spoke. “Your welcome. Though for a second, I thought you would make me something special. Am I not that special compared to Baekhyun?”

 

“I’m sorry.” She bowed her head in apology.

 

“It’s okay. How about you take me out for a bubble tea drink? Hows that sound?” 

 

“Okay.” She muttered and felt a elbow hitting on her arm signaling if she wanted to take it or not. She hesitated for a second.

 

“Don’t you trust me?” Kai furrowed his eyebrows.

 

She did trust him, but not fully. Same goes for Baekhyun and his other friends. Ahri only met these random guys just in a week. How could she possibly trust them that easily when she, herself is blind? It’s wrong that she needed to see how they looked in reality, but truly, she didn’t feel anything with them that made her trust them as a whole. Just through these small conversations or actions weren’t enough for her. She needed more time to adjust to them.

 

 

* * *

 

“Here you go.” Kai picked up the two drinks he was yearning for. But actually, he was waiting to drink it with Ahri.

 

 “I really like this flavor. Try it.” He placed the bubble drink infront of Ahri, for her to reach as possible. Ahri was uncertain to try since he haven’t really mention the name of the drink, so she lightly pulled the drink towards her and little by little her lips met the straw. As she tried to drink the unknown bubble drink, Kai was anticipating to see her face after one gulp of it.

 

“Lychee?” The words weren’t just disgust, but in delight. Ahri liked the drink herself and who never knew both liked the same thing.

 

“Is it good?” He leaned his head in curiosity once again.

 

“Mmmm.” She quickly replied with a warm smile as she continues to drink.

 

“That’s good.” Kai whispered and sipped his drink also. He wasn’t bothered at Ahri’s excitement to drink more of the drink because it made him smile. It felt like he accomplished something to connect with Ahri through these small things. It was hard to know what she was thinking, but her actions told everything. From shocked, depressed, in pain, or just a hint of happiness. Ahri was surely satisfied with her drink and outing with Kai. It made her want to know more about his life.  His favorite foods to movies, and what he likes to do on a daily basis. It made her recognize that she was becoming friends with this fellow person. He was more different from Baekhyun, but their voices were just not in her liking. They sounded quite the same which was hard to believe. Was she just mixing their voices together in her mind? 

 

Well she just hopes this won’t be a problem for a long period. After their little drink, Kai decided to take her home despite the darkness that was starting to rise in the sky. It was too early for him to take her hand, so as usual, he let her take a grasp on his arm along the way. Before he could take a step forward to her house, in his eyes were full of pain as his eyes averted to Ahri. If he wasn’t there for her, who would he thought once more. Rumors flew once Kai attended the new school and it was harsh. Life has always been cold but why talk behind a innocent yet blind girl? She has not been in a conversation with her fellow classmates and it just disheartens Kai. Some have a soul and he was surely her angel; to protect and heal her wounds. His eyes were still full of pain to see Ahri in such weak state and able to survive in this world.

 

“What’s wrong?” She gave a questioning look.

 

“Oh-I’m sorry.” He pulled his arm away from her so she could feel the front doorknob.

 

“Are you free this weekend?” He shot at her just when she was about to turn the knob.

 

Her head turned but not fully, only letting Kai move his head in curiosity to meet her eyes that glued in one place. “I would.....love to but...”

 

“But what?” He softly said in slight disappointment. 

 

“I must ask my parent’s for their permission especially from my father.”

 

“Oh.” Kai rubbed the back of his neck. “How about I call you?” He asked.

 

“I-”

 

“Your number is 011-822-967-4532, right?” He looked through his phone then to Ahri.

 

“How do you know?” She was surprised.

 

“Oh......didn’t you tell me your phone number?”

 

“I did?” Ahri thought for a second, but Kai interrupted her thinking.

 

“Well since it is. I’ll call you later.” He panicked that moment and run down the stairs.

 

That was weird. But hes gonna call me?

 

* * *

 

After Kai left, Ahri’s heart was beating excitedly. She was anticipating any minute that Kai would call. During dinner, she could not let go of her cellphone underneath the table, on her lap as she ate. She hurriedly ate her food, wanting to go upstairs and wait for his call. 

 

“What’s the rush?” Her father stop to look at Ahri eager to go upstairs.

 

“Maybe something good?” Her mother added.

 

Ahri was already in her room as her hands clasped together over her chest waiting for her ringtone to go on. It was out of the ordinary that Kai knew her cellphone number, but Ahri was squealing inside. 

 

It’s him!

 

Her body lifted on its own off the bed. She waited for a few rings before answering, not letting it look like she was desperate.

 

“Yeoboseoyo?” She muttered and let her ears sink in to her phone.

 

“Did you miss my voice?” A little hoarse voice spoke.

 

“Ne?” She felt Kai was joking around since the afternoon.

 

“Haha. You’re so cute.”

 

Ahri froze, lost in words. What was she suppose to say to him? How did he get her phone number? What was it that made him call her? She was about to hang up quickly but his voice told her otherwise.

 

“Don’t you dare hang up~” He sensed from the other line. It made Ahri shiver in fear.

 

“Are you....”

 

“How can you not recognize my voice? Is it that hard to notice? Didn’t you like it when you were sneaking behind me? Or is it still unpleasing?”

 

“I wasn’t trying to sneak behind you!” She declared with a pout.

 

“Aigoo~ Ahri you are too adorable.” She felt grossed a little by his words.

 

“Why did you call me?” She blew her bangs and sat down on the edge of her bed with huff.

 

“Would you like to go on a date with me?”

 

* * *

 

Ahri waited patiently at a fancy restaurant for her date. She gripped hard on her phone in her lap, hoping he would call. Every 5 minutes, she would open her phone to hear if she has any messages just incase. But she had none. She dressed up in a cute, floral dress with black flats with a bow just as her headband. Her hair curled up while her face was painted with natural makeup. Her lips shimmered in the lights and her eyelashes were full of light mascara. She has asked her mother in advance to choose her outfit, but one minute later, her mother offered her to put on something more than expected. Ahri thought it was too much, but since it’s her mother’s taste, there was nothing to worried about. She knew her mother dressed maturely and took care of her body very well. Ahri’s body state is healthy as ever because of her mother’s care. When her mother would choose her clothes, she felt safe that her clothes did not attract that much guys especially those who were low lives. The world is not always good, but she has met other people as of this year. Chen, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kai who were all caring and funny in so many ways. It was hard to believe that these guys would hangout with Ahri despite their reputation. But Baekhyun on the otherhand, was mysterious and it made her get more curious. Ahri has notice it alittle that his moods would change at certain times and he seemed to be liking Ahri the minute she does something cute. Other than that, when she tries to erase him from her head, she has been recalled back about his voice. His soothing voice that sang such beautiful vocals and could play the piano as if he was Yiruma. Ahri has listen to many songs from Yiruma and it relaxed her mind. Almost everyday, Ahri would listen to endless music to separate her from the world. Her ears filled with music and her fingertips tapping on her thigh to the beat.  

 

Ahri heaved a sigh and slouch her back. It has been exactly 3 hours that Ahri was waiting and she had to order as time pass by. She was quite getting impatient that she expected the male to be  here on time. He has told her to meet here at 3 pm and the sun was starting to set down. The light outside turned into a hazy color and the restaurant was getting crowded by the hour.

 

“I shouldn’t had my hopes up.” Ahri pushed herself away from the table and tapped her stick on the hard wooden floor. She let herself out and sticked her hand in midair by the sidewalk calling for a cab. A tire screech and she could smell an engine running. Was it a cab? She tried feeling for a car door, but instead her hands met a man’s chest.

 

She flinch her hand away and took a step back.

 

“You really stayed that long for me.” The boy grinned widely and jumped out of his bike after shutting his engine down.

 

“I’m sorry I came late. I had some business to take care of.” He placed his helmet down on the bike seat and made eye contact with her.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll be leaving now.” She bowed her head lightly and turned her heels away from him, walking the other direction.

 

“Where you going?” There was a slight begging in his voice as he grabbed on her forearm.

 

“I need to get home. My parents might be worried.” She did not dare to make contact with him.

 

“I know I asked you to go on a date with me, but can’t you give me another chance? I’ll take you home if thats what you want.” 

 

Actually, Ahri wanted to stay with him more but she did not have the energy after waiting 3 hours alone in a restaurant. She couldn’t trust him now and she felt like she made the wrong decision to reject Kai’s offer over Baekhyun. 

 

She shook her head and softly said, “I can catch a cab. There’s no need to worry.” She laughed light-heartedly. 

 

He lessened his grip and hanged his arm loose on his side. “You must be hungry. How about I get you something to eat?”

 

Without a word, he slipped his fingers and intertwined with hers and there came butterflies in her stomach. Her eyes popped wide as a owl and he led her to a fancy restaurant across the street. Her body felt weak and soft, and there was no strength in her legs. What made her like this? Was it his touches?

 

“Table for two.” He answered with joy as they got in the restaurant. A waitress placed two sparkly waters and menus on their table before they could sit. 

 

“Here.” He placed his hands around her shoulders and positioned her in a seat, and lightly push her chair forward to the table as her legs were underneath already. Baekhyun took the seat infront of her and glanced at her before speaking again.

 

“I’ve come here a lot. This restaurant is called ‘School Food Blooming Mari’ and their dishes are really delicious.” He opened a menu and start scanning for meals to order.

 

“Is there a particular food you wanna eat?” He lifted his head up only to see Ahri still in a shock face. He placed the menu down and laid his elbows on the table. He tilted his head to the side and gave her a warming smile.

 

“Is Ahri here~” He said childishly. She didn’t move an inch and Baekhyun sighed to find a message sent to him on his phone. He looked away for a minute and his dark eyes darted at her. He took a gulp of his water and was able to calm himself before speaking. 

 

“Well, is curry ramyeon, okay? I’ll also order some side dishes on the side.” He closed his menu.

 

“Ne...” She muttered and bit her bottom lip in nervousness.

 

“Are you ready to order?” The same waitress came coming back with her pen clicked in her hand and the other with a notepad.

 

“Yes. Two curry ramyeon, bimbibap, and your grilled spam fried rice.” He closed the menu in his hands. 

 

“We’ll be right with you.” The waitress bowed after grabbing the menus from Baekhyun.

 

There was silence until Baekhyun cleared his throat.

 

“You look pretty today.” He said admiring her face.

 

“Thank you.” Her voice became shaky once again.

 

The food came in just after a few minutes because the emptiness in the restaurant today. There was only a few couples in there, having a casual date just as Baekhyun and Ahri. Baekhyun who was in awe and couldn’t wait to eat has already dig his chopsticks in his noodles and forgotten all about Ahri. She was having a hardtime finding her chopsticks on the table and was only making a complete fool out of herself. Worse, others stared at Baekhyun as if he was stupid enough to help his date with her food. It became really awkward when she accidentally hit the salt and pepper on the floor. 

 

“I’m sorry.” She freaked out and did not know what flew off her table.

 

Baekhyun bended down to pick them right away and bowed to the others to continue their food.

 

“It’s okay. Here.” He breathe as he grabbed her chopsticks and position her fingers to get a hold of it.

 

“This is the noodles, bimbibap, and the fried rice.” He used her chopsticks to determine wher eon the table it is. It made it easier for Ahri and he watched her carefully as she took a bite on the curry ramyeon.

 

“What’s wrong? Does the noodles taste bad?” He questioned, not able to define her reaction to it.

 

“Out of all people, why did you chose me as your date?” Her hands slowly met the table and she stopped eating.

 “I see something in you. My eyes are always amazed when I see you.” He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back in his chair coolly. He placed a smug on his face and knew she couldn’t see it. Her heart skipped a beat and he knew for sure, she would fall for him anytime.

 

“You should hurry up and eat. Your food might become cold.”

 

She could hear the slurping sounds of his eating and sips he took from his drink. All there was was silence after their small talk and Ahri was having doubts that he wasn’t really telling the truth. What made him amaze her or look differently from other girls? 

 

After Baekhyun paid the bill, he watched Ahri from behind, watching her slow like motions. Tapping her stick on the ground every second trying to sense what would be in her way so she could be prepared every step she would take. Baekhyun just stood there as Ahri turned her body around, wondering were Baekhyun was. 

 

“I thought you were still scared of me.” He whispered in her ear as he sneakily slip his hands in hers.

 

He led her to his bike and pulled another helmet that matched his under his seat and placed it over Ahri’s little head. It fitted perfectly and it had a strap to come with it making her more cute. 

 

“I’m sorry if I don’t have a car, but my only transportation is my bike.” Ahri nod her head lightly understanding his conditions. She took a step forward and tried to search for the bike seat. It was unusual for her to ride one, but was it okay for her to go on top of it when she is blind?

 

“Is it legal for me to ride on one of these?” She was too afraid to even go on. 

 

“I don’t know. Do you trust me?” He said in a playful tone.

 

“I.....”

 

“What is it?” He leaned his ear next to in a silly way. “I can just call a cab for you if you like?”

 

“I don’t want to be a burdensome to you.” She ducked her head down and felt sheepish. 

 

“So is that a yes?” He pulled himself away to look at her with inquiry eyes.

 

“Please don’t let me fall.” 

 

“Okay!” Baekhyun clasped his hands together in and picked Ahri right off the ground in a swift movement.  She was light as a feather for Baekhyun to carry and he liked it how she gasped in the moment that he was strong. He also jumped on carefully, so she won’t fall off. She could feel his back against her chest and she gripped hard on the back of his leather jacket. She was terrified to do something that maybe her parents will disagree and surely ban her from him. 

 

“It’s best if you wrap your arms around my waist.” He said pulling her more closer as her small arms wrapped around his chiseled abs. His v-neck shirt was so thin for her to feel his toned body and he smirked of how she was so innocent to be touching a guy like this.

 

He head forwards and both were drifting off in the cold city of Seoul. Ahri could feel the cold wind rush through her hair and she felt like she was flying in midair. Though she was scared the second as Baekhyun speed up and she placed the side of her head on his back with her eyes tight shut together. Her grasp that tightened around his waist didn’t bother Baekhyun at all because he loved it. She was of course shy and out of all girls he met, they were too feisty and were too much.

 

Baekhyun then came to a stop and whipped his helmet off his head.

 

“Am I home?” She was trembling over her words.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head.

 

“Ani. We are at a park.”

 

“A park?”

 

“Ne. Never been to one before?” He pulled her hands away gently and got off the bike. He slowly took slow steps backwards, able for Ahri to hear that he was leaving her.

 

“Where-where are you going?” Her hands instantly lifted up on its own, trying to grasp for him. She didn’t know what she did, but surely Baekhyun knew she was starting to be growing on him. He was teasing her and slowly crept in front of her and before she could notice, her fingertips met his face. Her hands crawled up feeling his jawline to the side of his eyes. It was sharp while his cheeks where smooth. Little by little, she explored his facial features by going down the bridge of his nose and was startled to meet his lips on her fingertips.

 

“Having fun there?” He said with a smirk. Ahri gulped saliva down and was then in contact by a warm touch. 

 

Baekhyun lifted her up to meet her feet to the ground. He held her cold hands and drag her to one of the swings. The street lights shined over them and the wind came rustling the tree leaves in the night. He placed her on the swing and helped her take a hold on the chains that attached to the swing. He sat down in the sand criss cross in front of her and watch her like a little puppy.

 

“Why did you bring me here?” She simply asks.

 

“Don’t you ever think that it brings back your childhood?”  

 

Actually, it didn’t bring back her childhood but her past that she wants to go back. The time she saw everything and mostly, her best friend. She has taken long walks around the park with him when they wanted to kill time. His presence that she longed wish for was different from her parents and everyone else she have known. When it came to the point where she has become blind, he was not there for her. Just within those two years, she has forgotten what his voice sounded like. Was it husky as his physical features, soft as his personality or soothing as he spoke beautiful words to her? As he came back into her mind again, she thought that he no longer exist in this world. Was Baekhyun a sign from God? Could he be someone else who needed to replace her best friend? Or was it Kai? Though she did not know both very well, but they manage to approach her with their personalities. One was mysterious and one was easygoing. But for sure, she could not let her guard down. 

 

“Did I say something wrong?”

 

“No. It’s just that...I miss someone.” She was dishearten to mention about what was going through her mind to Baekhyun. 

 

“May I ask who is this ‘someone’?”

 

“It’s hard to explain.” She murmured and felt her shoulders shrug.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t tell me. I probably would care less.” He jump up from the ground and dusted himself off.

 

“Huh?” She was confused by his words. He lean towards her and stare deeply in her eyes.

 

“The only person who should be in your mind every second of the day would be me.” 

 

Her heart was throbbing in her chest and she could feel a knot in her stomach. These unexpected events have happened and it feared her more than ever. He, who she have encountered was mysterious, but yet she stayed by him. She could not assume that she was in love or liked him. She was starting to get more interested of this human. Ahri has heard of him, being the kingka of the school with his flawless looks or how girls will be swoon by him easily. Though she was unaware of the other things that was not unspoken of him. There was more to him than what Ahri knew.

 

After their little date under the moonlight, Baekhyun took her home safely. He carefully carried her off the bike and helped removed the helmet off her head. Ahri was silent for awhile, and did not know what to do. She was panicking alittle and only shortly, she bowed, thanking him for bringing her out despite the fact he was late. He had his personal reasons and she didn’t ask about it. It was actually safer for her to not in people’s business and Baekhyun’s was something that should be hidden from her or others. His friends knew of it and has been involved in such activities like him. Kai was right that Baekhyun shouldn’t be friends or more than that with Ahri. It had their side-effects and what’s worse is that she could be in danger. Any minute or so, his enemies may take notice and find an opportunity.

 

“Well goodnight.” She leaned close to the front door.

 

“Wait. Before you go.”

 

Ahri halted before turning the knob of the front door and it was silent for a minute. Baekhyun cleared his throat before taking a step forward making her feel the warmth of his body getting closer the second. He tilted over Ahri and pecked her on the forehead causing her to blush in a shade of pink. She could hear the beat of her heart and was frozen as glass. Baekhyun took a step back and a smile was curved on his lips.

 

“Good night Ahri.” His husky voice that whispered in her ear, gave her a slight shiver down her spine.

 

She has already fallen into his trap and has no clue of it. He was one step ahead of capturing her heart just like any girl he associated with.


Sorry for the long update. But yay! I made a long chappie to please you. I guess there might be a competition or heat between these fellow men....hehe. But who do you think Ahri should be with? The mysterious Baekhyun or caring Kai?  Not decided yet? Or you think that there is one more person that will come in between? :D  

 

Well, I hope I didn't make you suffer. Exams, exams, exams.....exhausted from it, but will end soon. Hope you had a great day. Don't forget to subscribe, upvote, or comment ^______________^

 

-Cassi