One year after…

Dream Cinderella Story

I walked on the streets with my students. Like the previous year, I promised to take them and treated them pizzas if they have good marks on their GPA’s report. Then, this time, I and Surya, my partner, took those three kids to Taman Anggrek Mall, one of the largest shopping mall in Jakarta. While walking, my shoe slipped from my foot and fell one floor under.

 

“Oh my. Not again….” I complained when I saw my shoe fell. I turned and saw my students and friend. “Wait here. I take my shoe first.” I ran after that to the elevator.

 

But, before I reached the elevator, I stopped. Something inside of me forced me to turn. I obeyed and turned.

 

Not too far in front of me, I saw 6 familiar guys. They appeared last year in my strange but real dreams. And the youngest, most handsome and shyest one wore a similar ring like mine in his right finger. And… he’s holding my shoe.

 

They saw me. That young man smiled and came to me. He kneeled and took my bare foot then put my shoe on it.

 

“Thirty six,” he said then looked up to see me. “It’s your shoes size, right? In Indonesian size.”

 

I just smiled as he stood up.

 

“Like what I said. I’ve found you.” He seemed doubt for a moment then cast his glance down to my shoe. “Or… your shoe’s the one who found me.”

 

I smiled for his joke. “Yeah,” I said. “I think my shoe is the one who found you.”

 

“So…”

 

“So…?”

 

“Will you be my friend?”

 

“Sure,” I said. “I’ve promise to you.”

 

“And…” He dropped his gaze.

 

“And…?” I asked.

 

“And…” He blushed but able to continue his speech after exhaled his breathe. “I am going to speak something important now.”

 

I went silent, tried to listen to what he wanted to say.

 

He took both of my hands. “If I’m not doing this, I’m going to regret it for the rest of my life because of losing you.” He paused and tried to calm him self by inhaled and exhaled his breathe. Then he saw me again.

 

As for me, I was surprise to hear that words came up from his mouth, also by his way looking at me, and more surprise to hear the next one.

 

“It takes much courage for a man to confess his feelings to a woman and ask her to be with him.” He gulped and continued. “And now… may I have the courage and honour to confess my feeling to you and ask you to be with me?”

 

I was in shock to hear that and I just only can asked, “Are you sure with that?”

 

”Yes,” he said in confident. “I have never been so sure like this in my entire life before. But since I saw you in those Cinderella’s gown, that time I am very sure that I’ve been fall in love with you.”

 

I couldn’t say anything. I was speechless for a moment. My mouth just opened and closed then opened again but no words came up from it. I was totally confused, didn’t know what to say. Well… except for one silly thing that I said after this…

 

“Wait a second…,” I said after my tongue seems free. “I think that’ll explain why the ring’s still in my finger after I woke up.” I still confused on one thing. “But how can you come up with all those speech?”

 

“I… a… I… uhm… I don’t know.” He stammered again. “You’re the one who make me came up with all those speech.”

 

I smiled widely. “That was a nice and brave speech for a shy man like you.”

 

“So…?”

 

“So what?” I asked, confused, then I understood. “Oh! Are you want me to answer it now ?”

 

I can saw his answer in his eyes.

 

“In front of my students ?” I asked.

 

“Well, maybe I can leave you my hotel room.”

 

“No,” I said straightly, stopped him and then found myself felt confuse to my action.

 

Okada just stared at me with his big rounded eyes.

 

“After this you won’t ask me to marry with you, right?”

 

“I’m asking you to marry with me.”

 

“What?!” I almost yelled then I lowered my voice. “Are you sure enough?”

 

“Yes.”

 

I opened my mouth, wanted to say something but nothing came out from my thoughts to my mouth.

 

“Well?”

 

I closed my lips. “Ergh… Okada Junichi,” I said it with irritated growling. “You are the strangest person that I ever met who came up with the proposal words. We just only met in the dreams and you’re just proposing me a while ago.”

 

I paused for a moment to see his reaction. He looked a bit hopeless and disappoint with what I just said. He looked down to the tile. When I saw his reaction, I just couldn’t help but smiled.

 

“But…”

 

He looked at me again.

 

“I think I’m also strange enough to except your proposal.”

 

He smiled and hugged me. He also landed a light soft and loving kiss on my lips. I was surprised to receive the kiss. But when I felt his warm lips on mine, I knew that I was found the right man that I wanted to spent my whole life with…

 

 


Epilogue

 

But… wait…

 

This story won’t be ended with ‘happily ever after’ and bla bla bla things, like all those fairytale stories. But, I must admit that I need a happy ending for this story. So I made those ending above.

 

But…

 

Like what I said before. It was just a dream. Of course, after that, I was awoke and found myself lying in my own bed, in my own house. Nothing in the story above were true, except for my name. I never could meet Okada Junichi or the rest of V6 member in my real life. It’s just a dream within a dream. Don’t take it too serious, okay…

 

What a great dream… :sigh: ^-^ :smile:

 

 

The End