The Unsuspected Meeting

Dream Cinderella Story

As Sakamoto’s order to me, I went to the town to buy some supplies after I prepared the breakfast for my odd stepfamily. I went there with my simple and old cart. I didn’t have better cart than that because Sakamoto and his sons had the best carriage from my father heritages. But, I had this gorgeous white horse named Lucky that was given by my father on my seventeenth birthday. Lucky didn’t obey anyone, except me and my father. Because of it, my… err… I mean… Sakamoto, Go or Ken can’t took him from me. In addition, Lucky always kicked them whenever they’re around him.

 

Beside Lucky, I also have a monkey named Scott. He was small and cute. He often helped me doing my home chores secretly. But my stepfamily never likes him and they forbid me to keep him inside the house. But, outside, he often followed me everywhere, like today.

 

In the town market, I told Lucky to stop. He obeyed and stopped. Just before I stood up and jumped down from my cart, Scott did it first. I came to Lucky, told him to stay in that place and waited me while I went shopping. He sniffed, meaning that he understand what I was saying.

 

“Good,” I said. “Just wait here.” I patted his back softly then went away. I never worried about him because he was a clever horse. So I just walked around, searched for supplies with Scott.

 

I must admitted that Scott also clever. He helped me by choosing the best supplies that I need to buy. He showed to me and picked the best peanuts, best tomatoes, and others. But, as clever as his brain is, he always wanted a food for him, in return to his favor. This time, he wanted an apple.

 

“An apple?” I asked as I folded my arm across my chest and looked at him.

 

He just stared at me with his big rounded eyes and gave me his biggest smile. It means yes.

 

“Alright,” I said then bought him the apple.

 

He just made a sound of pleasure because my word then picked the best apples from the basket while I paid for the apple. Then he gave the apple to me so I can bit it first. He always liked to share with me. For him, it’s showed how much he love me and care about me.

 

“Thank you,” I said as I took the apple from his hand.

 

But suddenly, I don’t know why, the apple slipped from my hand and fell. Instead of stand still at its place, the apple rolled away from me.

 

“Hey!”

 

I chased it with Scott in my front. He was faster than me (because the food of course).

 

Then… there was a hand, grabbed my arm and pulled me in to the side of the street, into a small corridor between two buildings. I almost yelled but went silent because another big hand covered my mouth and nose as soon as I felt the damp wall on my back and someone stand too close in front of me. I couldn’t breathe. The one who pulled me to that corridor almost squeezed my body and strangled me to death with his hand covered my nose.

 

“Hhhhssss…”

 

I looked up and found a pair of familiar big-rounded beautiful charming eyes just a couple inches in front of me, looking straight deep into my eyes. It belonged to Okada Junichi. I wasn’t surprise anymore. Because… in my previous dreams, he was the Prince and always been that one. But, I never expected that he became the prince in my dreams.

 

“Silent?”

 

I nodded.

 

Okada lowered his hand from my mouth and dropped his head so his hair touched my nose. I can smell his hair in this too-close distance. I felt relief because I can breathe again. But I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable with this position. If there were someone who looked at us, probably they’ll think in the wrong way. He raised his face and looked at me again.

 

“What’s going on?” asked that good looking man. “First, Sleeping Beauty. Then, Snow White. I also saved you from the Little Mermaid Story. And now this Cinderella Story?” His voice rose because I knew he was also angry about what’s happening.

 

“How can I know?” I complained softly.

 

“Have you meet Nagano-kun?”

 

I nodded again.

 

“What did he say?”

 

“He told me that he wants you to follow the story line, not like what you did before in the Mermaid story,” I explained.

 

“But I save you in Little Mermaid,” he complained.

 

“That what I wanted to say to him.”

 

“So…,” he said while moved his body backward, away from me, leaned in another wall across me. “I had to hold a dance party for searching my future wife.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“And you came into the party then dance with me,” he added.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then… you left the party. I’ll find your glass shoe and reach for you.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Good,” he said while stood straightly, put one of his hands on his hip and glared down. He seemed to think for a while then he raised his gaze again to me. “Do you know that Inocchi became my private butler?” He seemed annoyed.

 

“And do you know that Sakamoto-san, Go-kun and Ken become my stepmother and stepsisters?” I said in return, felt a bit annoyed and funny in the same time.

 

A big smile came across his face. “Really?” asked the man. He also thought that was funny. “With gowns and dresses?”

 

“Ah ha,” I said while nodded.

 

He giggled. “Man, I want to see it.”

 

“Later you’ll see it in the dance party.” I looked straight into his eyes. “But now I had to go.”

 

His smile disappeared. I don’t know if it’s because my stare or because what I just said.

 

“You know what will happen to Cinderella if I’m late.”

 

“Yeah,” Okada sighed.

 

I just lowered my gaze but not long enough because Okada started to talk again.

 

“But you will came to the party, right?” he asked, as if he scared that I won’t attended the party.

 

“Of course I will,” I said it with certainty. “That’s how the plot goes, isn’t it?”

 

Realizing his foolish question, he replied, “Yes, you’re right.” He coughed a bit to clear his throat. “So… see you in the party.”

 

“Yes,” I answered with a sweet smile, almost melted him… I think… because his face suddenly changed.

 

“Great! I’ll be waiting.”

 

“Okay,” I said then walked, wanted to step out from there.

 

“Hey.”

 

I turned to see him again. For a moment, he seemed confuse. But then he found something to talk to.

 

“I hope we can get out from this dream world and back to reality.”

 

Felt awkward of what he said, I smiled again. “Yes,” I answered with a nod.

 

Okada just nodded his head. “Bye.”

 

I turned and went away, leaved Okada behind to see my back. I forbid myself to turn back and see him. In fact, I was a bit surprise he grabbed me and pulled me like that. I thought he was a shy man. But, four times meet in the dream world like this; I don’t think I’ll be a strange person for him anymore. I shook my head and walked again.

 

-To Be Continue-