Trial

Game Over (hiatus)

At school Sojin is not the brightest. She's not one of those popular girls, she spent her time with a few of her friends or by herself, but of course most of the time she's alone. She thought that being alone is good, but at the same time embarrassing because she has no one by her side. When she looked around the gaming room, she realized that everyone in there is the one that has fewer friends than others. Maybe it's a good thing for her to join this club, although her main goal was just to impress Jin. She sat next to Taehyung who was giving her the ways to play. She pays attention and asks if she doesn't understand, but then she noticed the difference between Jin and him although they like the same stuff, but they are so much different. 

Jin is one of the popular kids, and he is well known. On the other hand, Taehyung only had a few friends and he's not that outgoing. 

"If you play the same game as Jin why aren't you popular?" Sojin blurted when she was daydreaming. 

"Do I really need to be popular?" he asked while his eyes still locked on the game. 

"Well, no. I mean you're the same and yet so different..." 

"I hate that we have that similarities" he stated before Sojin could finish her sentence. 

Hate. Could there be something between them? From what Sojin know Jin doesn’t know him. 

She doesn't want to ask more questions, because she doesn't want him to be bothered. He won the round and sat back. 

"Wow, you won!" Sojin exclaimed. 

"It's easy, I've been through this so many times." 

"Right" she nodded to herself. 

"Okay, now you're going to play--"

"What? No. Alone? I'll die before I even step out from the platform" she exclaimed exaggeratedly. 

"In a two player game. I'll play too, but you have to do the attack and I'll back you up" he said while opening the new game. "Here, chose your character and your power" 

"Anyone?"

"Anyone. Please you don't need to ask me these questions, these are like the basic." he raised an eyebrow. Sojin continued choosing and exclaimed when she's finished. 

"It's done. Now, what do I do?"

"Wait, let me customize my own character" he said while focusing on the things he choose. 

After finishing their characters they both enter the same arena. 

"Follow where I'm going" Taehyung ordered and she followed him. She fought along with him, but when the big opponent comes she immediately died and was brought back to the main station. 

"I'm dead." she cried. 

"What did you do?" he asked while still focusing on his game. 

"I tried to beat the leader."

"Which one?"

"The one near that pilar-pilar thing" she doesn't know what it's called so that's the only way she could describe it. 

"What? Oh, that. Let me attack him, you're in the wrong place. That pillar is their defense; it can decrease your life faster. Now come to my place again. Don't attack. Until I tell you to" he explained. 

She finally get the hang of it, from time to time she still try to hit the leader and died several times, but she doesn't care because she wants to learn anyway so... They finished after a few hours of playing. 

"That was awesome" she exclaimed walking towards the elevator with him. 

"You died. 21 times." Taehyung said sarcastically. 

It was already night by the time they get out. She looked around and she noticed that the usual bus she takes is not operating at this hour. She still keep looking hoping there is a taxi or anything, but none. 

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked. 

"Umm... I don't have a ride home, the bus that I usually take stops operating an hour ago" she explained. 

"Where's your house?" he asked. 

"About five or six blocks from here"

"Do you want a ride?" he asked again. 

"Really?" Sojin exclaimed happily. 

"Just this once. Besides it's pretty dark out there" 

"Right" 

"C'mon my car is in the parking lot" 

After a few blocks, Taehyung's car suddenly stops.

"What happened?" Sojin asked. 

"Umm.. I think we ran out of gas" he stated.

"Then what are we going to do?" 

"There's only one thing we can do" he said looking at Sojin. 

"What?" 


"Push harder"

"This is hard enough you know!" Sojin exclaimed from the back. 

"The car is barely moving" he said through the window.

"Well, why don't you try pushing it? Rather than sitting in there adding more weight" she shouted. 

After a few minutes of nagging, Taehyung went out and grabbed her wrist. 

"Let's go" he said while dragging her. 

"Go where?" 

"Go back to school. What you want to sleep in the car?" 

"I would rather sleep in the car. Do you see any form of life in there? It's completely dark. Do you want to get snatched in the middle of the night and abducted to some weird science lab, where they do weird experiment?" she explained without taking a breath. 

"Whoa. Okay, I never thought of it like that and aren't you exaggerating too much?" he asked. 

"I'm not going, if there's no light. I'm not going" she stated and went back to the car. 

"Fine. I'm going" he left her alone in the car and went further and further until she can't see him. 

When he's gone, she looked around making sure it was safe, she couldn’t even close her eyes just for one second. Suddenly, Taehyung came running back and stopped in front of the car. 

"What did you come back?" she asked. 

"Because there's someone who was chasing me and want to do some weird experiments" he said. 

"What seriously? Then we better go" she exclaimed. 

"Kidding! I came back because I couldn't see a thing and when I head back I can see the light from the car." he explained. 

"Not funny!" 

They spent the night, sleeping in the back seat. Wishing nothing bad would come. Like, a crazy scientist who would abduct them and do some weird science experiments.