Words

Complicated Love

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Your pov- 
 
 
It was lunch time.. As i was walking down, i saw Mir.. He had a look of sorrow and guilt in his eyes.. I ignored him and continued walking.. 
 
But he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him.. He stared into my eyes.. 
"Let me go.." I said.. 
 
He just pulled me down to the fields.. 
His grip on my wrist was so tight.. 
When he finally stopped my wrist was hurting.. 
 
"Let me go! You're hurting me.." 
 
He immediately loosened his grip.. My wrist was all red.. I rubbed it to relieve some pain.. 
 
"I'm.. I'm sorry.." He muttered.. 
 
"There's nothing to be sorry about! Just leave me alone and quit being so persistant!" I shouted.. 
 
 
 
Mir pov- 
 
 
"Hae Yoon-ah.. I'm really sorry.." I pleaded.. 
 
 
"Stop saying that! If you're gonna regret then why did you leave in the first place? Why did you leave when i needed you the most? My parents passed on a day before you left.. I cried for nights and almost died of starvation but i was still alone.. But now.. I don't want to care about you anymore! You live your life while i live mine.. " 
 
 
"Hae Yoon.. I'm sorry.. I didn't know! I still love you as much please come back!" 
 
 
She slapped me hard on the cheek.. 
"Don't say you love me if you don't really care.. Don't talk about feelings if they aren't there.. Don't hold my hand if you're gonna break my heart.. Don't say you're going to... If you don't plan to start.. Don't look into my eyes if all you do is lie and don't say hello if you really mean goodbye.. What are words if you really don't mean them when you say them? I'm not your plaything.. I'm tired of all your lies and excuses so just get out of my face!" She raged.. 
 
 
I was shocked by her outburst.. I never meant to hurt her that way... The reason... Was me all along.. 
 
 
She had tears in her eyes.. She stormed away leaving me behind.. What have i done.. To the innocent Hae Yoon from before... My cheek hurt but i knew i deserved it.. It was me who had left, not her.. 
 
 
I broke down in tears and fell to the ground.. What kind of guy am i? 
 
 
 
 
Seungho pov- 
 
 
 
I was going to the field when i heard everything.. I was shocked as well.. Hae Yoon and Mir? 
 
Just as Hae Yoon was coming out of the field, i stood there frozen to my spot.. She saw me and I saw her.. She had tears in her eyes.. She ran past me and never looked back.. 
 
I peered behind a corner pillar.. Mir was sobbing quietly.. What on earth happened between the two of them? 
 
 
I then ran after Hae Yoon.. She had gone to the roof again, laying on the bench looking at the sky as a tear drop flowed down the side of her eyes.. 
 
She has a hidden story within her.. 
"Hey.." I spoke up.. 
 
She didn't even look at me but just covered her eyes.. 
"Yahh.. You don't need to hide it.. Just cry if you want.. " i said.. 
 
She sat up and i took a seat beside her.. 
She wiped clean her tears.. 
"No, i'm not gonna be weak again.." 
 
 
"But you know, sometimes.. Its hard to keep in your tears because the memories just eats you away.." 
 
 
"I'm not gonna cry because of him anymore.. I don't want to look behind me, i want to look in front.. " 
 
We both stared into each others eyes.. 
Her eyes were cold and full of sadness as if telling me her past.. 
 
"I guess its true that sometimes one's eyes speak more than the person himself.." I said.. 
 
She broke away the stare and looked to the ground.. 
"Why do you always have to see this side of me?" She mumbled.. 
 
"I'm supposed to be strong, cold and mature.. I'm not like my past self anymore.. But you just come along and always see me like this.." She sniffled.. 
 
 
"Hey, you know.. You shouldn't be what you are not.. If you keep pretending to be what you're not, that facade would mix with your true self and sometimes you might just lose yourself in the process.. Don't change for anyone, be proud of who you are.. " i said.. 
 
 
She didn't reply but i was sure my words went in.. 
"Anyways, whats your relationship with Mir?" 
 
She looked at me before staring into the air again.. 
 
"Its hard to say.. We're.. Worse than strangers.. He became a burden to me.. " 
 
"He was the one who made you like this right?" 
 
"Yes.. I guess things just don't work out the way i want it to.. I lost everyone.. Now, i'm living on a debt i have to pay because of my parent's previous loan.. I have to work and study at the same time.. Its not hard but its mentally depressing.." 
 
 
I nodded in understanding.. She's having a hard time as well.. 
 
"But even so, just be yourself.. Don't be afraid of showing your true self. No one can judge you except God.. " i said after a moment of silence.. 
 
 
She didn't respond to my statement but instead, stood up.. Her back was facing me.. 
 
"Thanks." I could faintly hear her say.. 
 
She then walked back to class, leaving me there alone again.. Even protagonists have their past.. Hae Yoon.. Somehow, the sound of her name just makes my heart tingle.. 
I got up too and went back to class.. 
 
 
 
 
Your pov- 
 
 
 
That night, i tossed and turned in bed.. Seungho's words rang in my head.. 
 
 
 
"Hey, you know.. You shouldn't be what you are not.. If you keep pretending to be what you're not, that facade would mix with your true self and sometimes you might just lose yourself in the process.. Don't change for anyone, be proud of who you are.. " 
 
 
 
I know what he said was right.. But is it as easy as he says so? I don't know.. Its simple yet complicating.. Its only been 2 days of school but this guy, Yang Seungho, has already come into my life.. 
 
I wonder what kind of fate lies between us.. 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
 

Dear readers, 

 

 

Hi again! The story's processing a little too fast isn't it? Maybe i should slow it down.. Hmm.. This is already the third chapter.. I'll try and make it 7 chapters or more! Its kinda short isn't it? 

 

But anyways, i'll still try my best.. Thank your for reading! 

 

 

Bye~ 

Author Hyunmin