♔ Chapter Two

The Secret Life of Im Yoona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was that time of the year when everyone who was something in Seoul upperclass gathered and chose their designer suits and dresses and attended the Seoul Gala. Every year the Seoul Gala was attended by people from the film industry, idols and fashion industry, mostly to talk about this years events, to awards some people and magazines. But also it was the best opportunity for the paparazzi to ask the most uncomfortable questions and dig out trash about the more famous people attending. So important people from Korean magazines always went to these kind of events, including Yoona. 

Not that she went because she wanted. All the editors were obliged to come, sadly. It was pretty boring for the most part. But still, there were some rather fun things going on, mostly scandals. But, you know what they say, it's always funny when it happens to someone else.

She was standing still, admiring a big ice statue that was placed in the middle of the ball room. It was impressive height and was beutifully decorated. It amazed Yoona how it stayed in the perfect condition despite the heath in the room, probably from many guests that were just making this place crowded.

It was suprising how this museum looked posh when decorated. There were buffet tables at the right and left wing of the room. The theme was the colour gold, so everything was in gold. The courtains falling from the massive windows, the chairs and dining tables, even the podium was where the press conferences where held was in colour gold.

Yoona was snapped out of the daydreaming by her phone. It vibrated in her clutch, which signaled her it's time for the interviews. She was supposed to attend that and help out her boss, Sooyoung, with deciding on questions. Yoona turned around scanning the room for her table. 

"I absolutely adore the theme for this year's ball. Don't you?" Sooyoung spoke to Yoona the second Yoona pulled her chair, ready to sit. She was wearing a mermaid violet dress and her brown hair was in a neat bun.

"It reminds my of European-styled palaces, it's a lot like Versailles." Sooyoung continued talking about the decorations. Sometimes she talked about fashion and decor a little bit too much.

"I wouldn't compare it to Versailles, but I guess that was the direction they were going in." Yoona politely answered and sat at the table where her co-workers and her were seated.

There was Yoona and Sooyoung, of course, and there was their Chinese managing editor Victoria Song, main photographer Lee Sunny, circulation director Hwang Miyoung, and person whose job Yoona wanted since she joined the magazine: their main writer Kim Taeyeon. There was always positive competition between the two, nothing too bad. They were actually good acquaitances. But if Taeyeon's spot got opened, Yoona wouldn't think twice and try to get her position.

"How is everyone doing tonight?" Yoona asked, trying to cheer up her co-workers, and partially herself. It was going to be a long and hard night.

"I think everyone's doing alright." Miyoung said, with her usual cheerful voice. "I think we all know our boss won't be attending so we better work twice as hard, alright?" It was normal for Miyoung to take the control when their boss wasn't around.

Kwon Boa, Allure's main editor, the queen of the magazine, was currently attending the fashion week in Paris. She was celebrated as the best editor and a fashion influence throught Eastern Asia. Although, she wasn't all that active in her own magazine, she didn't really pick the employers herself (she let that to Sooyoung and Miyoung), she always made the last decisions and made the last cuts. Thanks to her, Allure became what it is now.

"I got the questions for the interviews right here. And believe me, they are good." Taeyeon said with a smirk. No wonder she was dubbed as the most uncomfortable interviewer in South Korea. Her questions were harsh and direct, just like her.

"I'm looking forward to them. Always nice to see Taeyeon make a star confused." Yoona said and laughed, the rest of the group following her pattern.

Their laughter was cut by the announcer who was already standing on the podium, ready to say something. He cleared his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter