♔ Chapter One

The Secret Life of Im Yoona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's over, Yoona. We're over." Taecyeon was standing in the middle of the big Seoul apartment he shared with his long time girlfriend, or now ex-girlfriend Yoona. He was playing with a crystal wine glass in his hand, trying to avert his eyes from the woman who stood in front of him.

The woman was visibly shaken. She was still wearing her coat and stilletos. She didn't even take off her outdoor clothes before he dropped the unpleasent news to her. His words came like a blow, as in this 4 years she was with him she never expected to her something like this. Or maybe not like this, all of a sudden. With no particular reason or matter.

"What do you mean? How do you mean over?" Yoona tried to compose herself, hoping that her shaky voice wasn't that noticeable. It seemed like she turned ghost-like pale, like in those bad BB cream situations. Though, Yoona stayed still, since that was the only way she knew how to act. In her 24 years of life on this planet, she never once lost her composure. Always staying the perfect lady, even in no-way-out situations like this.

"I mean just what I said. I believe our relationship has come to an end. We've both changed, one for the better and one for the worse." Taecyeon said and left the wine class down on the marble kitchen counter, turning his head to face Yoona. 

"I see." Anger was all Yoona felt. Her body was filled with an urge to throw her iPhone into his face, and possibly leaving an ugly permanent mark that would be very hard to pick up girls with. But she didn't. She just picked up her bag and headed to the front door, hoping to escape this hell immediately.

"Oh, and Yoona. Can you leave the apartment, maybe next week? I don't think it would be normal for the two of us to live together." 

And with that final sentence, Yoona ran out of the apartment, her make-up smeared and her eyes filled with tears.

♔ 

Im Yoona had it all. The looks, the job, and a loving boyfriend. At least that was the general belief by her friends and co-workers. The truth is she didn't find herself that pretty, being constantly surrounded by gorgeous supermodels she encountered every day. Her job as a an editorial assistant bored her. She was practically a glorified verson of a supervisor, taking care that every stage in the magazine was fulfilled correctly. It seemed like a difficult job (and it really was, but Yoona never accepted that), but it was just boring her. Seriously, going to Seoul University and having beyond sky-high hopes to become a journalist? Those dreams came crushing down faster than a newbie model wearing heels on a runaway for the first time after she accepted her current job. 

And for the loving boyfriend part? Oh, yes. In every way Taecyeon was a loving and caring, almost perfect boyfriend. No, not perfect. Perfect. Always taking care of Yoona's needs, taking her on spontaneous trips, helping her with shopping (even to the point when her friends thought he was a closeted gay). And when she looked back at it, she was very oblivious. Someone that flawless couldn't be trusted.

If he were, she wouldn't be staying in her best friend's apartment, feeling sorry for her miserable life. Sulking underneath bed covers is probably going to be an accurate description of her life next couple of weeks.

"Get up, you baby. Feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to help you get through this." Kwon Yuri, the only woman editor in GQ and Yoona's best friend since high school. Yuri was the complete opposite of Yoona. Unpredictable, athletic and a dare-devil. She always pushed Yoona out of her shell, sometimes succeeding and sometimes not.

"Leave me alone." Yoona hissed, rolling on the other side of the bed. She put a pillow on her head, hoping to block out the rays of sun Yuri let in by moving the curtains.

"You should've dumped him before he dumped you, you know." Yuri sat on the bed, next to Yoona. "And avoid this plant state you are in right now." 

"I'm not like you, Yuri. I don't leave people just in fear so they can't leave me." She threw a mean remark, something she shouldn't have done. Yuri always had a rocky love life, and Yoona being a and saying that against her really wasn't necessary.

"Look who got up on the wrong side of the bed. I will forgive you this time, because you're going through a lot." Yuri got up and started walking towards the door. "But only this time." She said, leaning on the door frame and left the room.

When Yoona was sure her friend left the room, she slowly got up. She carefully touched the shag carpet with her toes, like it was covered in lava. If she was deciding, she would stay in bed the whole day. But Yuri wouldn't let her miss another day of work, and Yoona couldn't really let herself slack of work. Since the break up, she was practically homeless. Thank God for Yuri, because she was more than happy to welcome Yoona in the time of need. But Yoona couldn't stay. What was she going to do, live with Yuri forever? And also because Yuri's healthy livestyle was driving Yoona crazy. In another week or two, all she is going to eat are vegetables. She badly needed to get a place of her own.

"I don't hear you coming down." Yuri yelled from the kitchen, since Yoona was taking and awful lot of time to travel from her bedroom to the kitchen. Yoona yelled back, with equal loudness.

"Shut up, Yuri, I'll be there in a second." Yoona finally got out of bed and checked herself out in a mirror beside her. She really wasn't in her best edition. Her hair was lifeless, she was paler than ever and the baggy pajama was just making the general impression of her worse. 

"Wow, I really need to start to take care of myself bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter