Chapter 6

Game of Love

(flashback)

“Everyone this is Lee Eunhyuk he is just new here, hope that you’ll be nice to him.” The school teacher said as he entered his new school.

It was never easy for Eunhyuk ever since his mother died, and with rumors he usually heard like he is son out of an illicit affair. How people talk behind their backs, how no one tried to befriend him. It was like a nightmare to Eunhyuk. For his young age it was too much of a suffering. This has happen until he reached his first year of high school. One thing that diverts him from all the things is dancing but still he is a loner no matter how many times Sungmin reached out to him he distanced himself until someone taught him to smile again.

His friendship Donghae was a difficult one because of his “hate for humans” the term Donghae usually used to him.

It was just a simple day, Eunhyuk was looking for an empty table until someone named Choi Siwon approached him.

“Hello there pretty.”

Eunhyuk tried to move but he kept on blocking him. Everyone was staring at him even Ryeowook and Sungmin at that time looks worry, but his brother can’t do anything number one rule for Eunhyuk never interfere in his life. He tried once he was scolded by the latter.

“I want to eat in peace can you move aside.”

“Not unless you go with me in Lotte World on weekends.”

“Aren’t you old for me?” Eunhyuk coldly asked him.

“Look here freshmen shouldn’t you be proud I Choi Siwon the most famous kingka is asking you out.”

Eunhyuk is still patient not to be rude, so he choose to stand up and just find a different table away from Siwon.

“Hey, that’s a little rude you know. Besides I bet you are just playing hard to get but in bed you’ll dominate me aren’t you, like what your mother did t your father.”

A loud slap was received by the taller guy.

“YOU CAN INSULT ME BUT NOT MY MOM!”

Siwon will sway his hand to punch him until someone blocked him.

“Isn’t that a little harsh of you Choi Siwon.” It was Donghae

“ off men, this is between me and that little .” With that Donghae punched him hard that fell on the floor.

“Are you okay?” Donghae said.

“L-leave me alone.” Eunhyuk pushed him and run away.”

“Hyuk!” Sungmin tried to chase him but to no avail nothing happened.

Who would have thought fate would pay a trick on him when Donghae became his classmate keeping on annoying him until one time Eunhyuk exploded in a way his classmate never see him act.

“Yah! Lee Donghae.” He looked around and see his teacher and students staring at him.

It was weeks still Donghae never give up, he run for Eunhyuk when he sprained his ankle in P.E class, still Eunhyuk ignored him until…

“Hyuk, we need to go home now.” It was Sungmin.

“H-hyung can you go home alone? I need to go back to the pool area I think I forgot something.

Eunhyuk got worried it was a necklace of his mother that was missing it could have fell on his neck when one of his classmate teasingly pushed him and Eunhyuk who can’t swim was even saved by Donghae during that time. He even thanked him but because of that he lost something precious to him.

As he entered the place he noticed Donghae followed him.

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to help you.”

“For what?”

“You lost something right?”

“W-what are you talking about?”

“I always noticed you clutching to it when you feel lonely. I noticed it when I saved you earlier.”

“Why would it matter to you?” Eunhyuk asked him.

“Because you’re my friend” Donghae said as he loosen his polo shirt and and jumped into the pool.

Eunhyuk almost panic it has been minutes and Donghae is still not coming out of the water but he sighed in relief when he appeared smiling holding his mother’s necklace.

For the first time he smiled and realized it is not bad to make friends with anyone.

“Why are you so nice to me?”

“Because, ever since I see you dancing I feel like seeing an angel sent from heavens.”

This compliment made him blushed. And that’s how he and Donghae started to became friends. But after a year, he felt heartache again when his best friend confessed of liking Sungmin, his own brother he even helped him do poems for Donghae to woo his brother. Once again he felt like a shadow but still he was thankful that Donghae never change towards him.

(end of flashback)

 

“Morning little monkey.” It was Donghae who sat on his bed. Yes Eunhyuk got no choice but to agree living with him in a condition that he would do house hold chores since he doesn’t want to become a burden to Donghae but he was always pampered as if he was a princess. Donghae remodeled the other room for him, served him breakfast pick him at work. Eunhyuk can’t ask for more but does he deserve this he felt betraying his brother knowing that even the wedding was cancelled they are still committed to each other.

“M-morning, have you eaten breakfast would you like me to make you some.” Eunhyuk said as he tried to get.

“No need, I already asked the chef to prepare it. Just rest okay I know you had a tiring day especially at work, since it’syour day off all you need to do is relax okay?”

“Eversince I stay I did nothing I was just ashamed and you never let me pay you for living here.”

“Silly, we’re best friends no need for that.”

Yeah best friend. Eunhyuk smiled but inside he felt a stab in his heart if ony Donghae feel the same way as he did but it was just in his dreams.

 

(In Jeju)

 

“Thank you for making me stay here.” Sungmin bowed to Kyuhyun’s mother who seems to take a liking at him. Though Kyuhyun is still aloof at him since he is a stranger that suddenly appeared in his life, thinking the danger he could have back in Seoul thanks to Ryeowook story about Sungmin’s deadly fiancé he decided to keep him though at times he is irritated with his clumsiness especially in the clinis, SUngmin’s no knowledge of house chores, his poor cooking which made him realize that he is not the worst cook existing on earth. For sungmin he tried hard to beclose to Kyuhyun it worked a little but the treatment is still the same.

One time, Sungmin was cleaning Kyuhyun;s room when he noticed a picture of him with a girl. He got curious and asked the taller man;s mother.

“Auntie, who is this girl?”

“Oh, that’s Seohyun, she is a singer and a member of SNSD. You do not know about them?”

he shook his head yes believe it or not Sungmin is not fond of celebrities, yeah he heard about SNSD but does not pay attention to them since he is not a fan of them.

“Is he—“

“Kyuhyun’s girlfriend yes he is.”

Sungmin suddenly became sad, he can’t believe Kyuhyun’s heart belong to someone already. He was going downstair when he heard a laugh, it was Kyuhyun on the phone.

“Yes, I saw the new music viseo you we’re amazing.” He smiled on the phone. Sungmin felt brokenhearted realizing that smile will never be meant for him. He was snapped out of his trance when Kyuhyun called him as his conversation on the phone ended.

“Is there anything you need?”

“Ermm.. I clean your room. And change the bed sheets and I am going to the market later what would you like me to prepare.”

“Anything is fine.” He just replied walking away.

“Pabo Sungmin, you’re destined one is already taken.” He sighed and just walk away.

 

It was almost evening Ryeowook had got back from his part time work. And Sungmin bought the ingredients he need when he saw Ryeowook watching something.

“Look it’s Seohyun!” he shrieked.

SNSD member Seohyun and CN Blue Jung Yong Hwa to casted together in We Got Married. But how true is the rumors The CN Blue member admits that he like Seohyun.

Sungmin was attentively watching how will the the girl react on the interview.

“Actually, I don’t have any issues with Yong Hwa-oppa liking me, it’s an honor for me I mean I had been admiring him as well for a belong time. I am single he’s single so I guess a possibility of us being together are very big, but of course he needs to confess to me directly.” She said with a big smile on her face, while Sungmin was agitated. How can he do that Kyuhyun. Sungmin frowned even more when she was asked about a rumor that he is dating a non showbiz guy, spotted her dating while on Jeju Island.

Oh him? He is a just my highs school friend, there is nothing going on between us. And I only go to Jeju since it’s my hometown and all I do is visit my family there.”  How dare you deny Kyuhyun! He is not worth of your love! Sungmin wants to shout on the tv screen. Suddenly he heard footsteps going the the living room seeing Kyuhyun approaching them.

“Hey what are you watching?”

Ryeowook and Sungmin looked at each other not knowing what to do.

 

A/N Poor Kyuhyun if he would knew this. Just a little flashback of Haehyuk friendship.