Chapter 3

Game of Love

Finally the most awaited day arrived. Sungmin is walking back and forth. Seems like something is disturbing him. He felt nervous, he feel like running away especially when he remembered what he saw yesterday.

(flashback)

Sungmin and Ryeowook attended a party together as they were having fun he suddenly saw the guy that keep appearing in his dreams ever since the fortune teller told him about his destined one. In a blink of an eye he was suddenly gone so he followed him outside. He felt not giving up until his bracelet felt, not noticing an upcoming car he picked his bracelet but someone pulled him out of harm’s way to his surprise it was the man from his dreams.

“Are you okay?”

“I-I uhm…” Sungmin seems to got his tongue stuck.

The guy stand up and help him.

“Next look where you’re going.” He said as he left him alone.

(end of flashback)

"Hyung?" Eunhyuk entered into Sungmin's room, he could sense he is nervous since the wedding will start in an hour.

"Hyuk, have you ever felt like wanting somehting but in the end, it is not what you really want?"

"Huh?" Eunhyuk asked him confusedly.

"I think I can’t go through this wedding."

"WHAT! Hyung are you crazy, the visitors are outside and, you are thinking of backing out now."

"You know I have no plans of getting married, this is all umma's fault!" he whined at him.
"Hyung..."

"Eunhyuk, I know I never ask your opinion but if I were you what would you do?"

"Err... follow my heart?" he answered not sure if he had answered the right response.

Sungmin smiled and hugged him. "Hyuk! i never said this but you're the best brother ever." Sungmin said as he ran out of the room leaving a speechless Eunhyuk.

Crap! What did I just said? Eunhyuk thought to his self realizing his brother had already left him. He does not know what he would say to his parents and especially to Donghae....

 

(Back to Sungmin)

As he went outside he spotted Ryeowook and suddenly he grabbed him.

“Min! Where the hell are we going aren’t you supposed to be inside?”

“No, we’re going somewhere.”

“Where?”

“To find him… to find my soul mate.”

“Are you out of your mind, today is your wedding what will they say to you especially Donghae?”

“That, I leave it to Eunhyuk.”

He said as he and Ryeowook went outside. As they arrived at his best friend’s home he change into a more comfortable clothes and started to pack some of his things that he had in his best friend’s place.

“This won’t work trust me.”

“I know it will… seeing him last night that’s the sign I was looking for besides you know the real reason why I entered a relationship with Donghae in the first place, but I realized, Donghae can protect my brother even if he is not my boyfriend the only thing I worry is umma, I hope she stopped hurting Hyuk.” Sungmin sighed as he grabbed his bag and went out of the house along with Ryeowook.

“So where do we start looking for that “soul mate” of yours huh Lee Sungmin?”

Sungmin pouted because he himself does not have any idea at all.

 

(at the wedding place)

Donghae is excitedly waiting for Sungmin, he can’t believe he will be married to the man of his life. Suddenly he saw Eunhyuk arrived.

“Hyuk where’s Sungmin, why isn’t he with you?”

Eunhyuk bit his lips, he doesn’t know what to do.

“Hyuk! Donghae is asking you a question answer him!” his stepmother said seemingly upset of what is happening.

“I uhm… Sungmin wants to give this to you. Donghae curiously opened the letter.

 

Dear Donghae,
If you are reading this letter, then it means my absence has been found out. I know the timing isn’t right, but this is the best time.
Today, I would have been walking down this aisle a happy bride about to be given to you as your wife forever, but today I chose to be sincere and be a runaway bride than a lying bride. Today should have been the happiest day of any sane man in the world, but I’d rather be called insane than act sane without any form of sincerity.

Donghae, our relationship was a mirage, I never really loved you. You were just too nice to me that turning your relationship request down wouldn’t have been nice. I can’t even seem to put all of my feelings down in writing. But I’m trying to save us both the stress of discovering later that we weren’t meant to be and spare the pain and torture of a broken home. All these years we dated, I tried to stay and see if the feelings would grow, I tried to love you but I just couldn’t. I wanted to love you Donghae, but it never came.

 

Every night I prayed and asked God to help me love you, I would have been grateful and happy if I could love you back half the way you loved me. I know how embarrassing and painful this would be for you, I would have told you this long ago Donghae, but you never gave me the chance, the little chance we had, you were so happy and contented loving and making me happy that I couldn’t imagine taking away that joy from you.

I’m sorry Donghae, hate me all you want, shoot me in the face if you will… but I’m hurting more where I am now because I got the chance to love but I never was able to return the gesture.
Save your self the stress of searching for me either to try to woo me back or tell me how much you wish me death, because you would never find me. And please tell my family that I love them so much, and to Eunhyuk please protect him while I am not around.
You are a good man. Whoever said all men were liars and cheats never met you. I wish you all the very best in life and I hope you try somehow if not now, sometime to find somewhere in your heart to forgive me and find love again.
I wish I could say I love you, but all I can say is thank you! Thank you for changing my life, thank you for loving me and making me understand that good men are still out there. Thank you

Sungmin

 

Donghae stood there speechless, he look at his mother, at Eunhyuk and Sungmin’s parents.  

“W-what’s happening here?” Sungmin’s mother asked worriedly.

Donghae tried to smile and faced them. “The wedding is cancelled.” He said as he walked away and drive his car.

“Son what happened?”

“Hyung he run away.” Eunhyuk replied.

As they arrived home she was so upset, she never thought Sungmin would disppoint her, she throw all the thing that her hands could touch.

“Umma I…” She suddenly slapped Eunhyuk.

“YOU! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT YOU ARE THE LAST PERSON THAT’S WITH MY SON WHAT DID YOU TELL HIM HUH?”

“N-nothing I…”

“Liar!” she slammed the vase in the wall and some shattered glass hits Eunhyuk.”

“Hyuk!” it was his father seeing his son wounded.”

“That’s enough! You can’t blame him for Sungmin’s decision.”

She walked away angrily to her room leaving Eunhyuk crying to his father’s arm.

“Come on let’s treat your wounds.” He said as he grabbed a first aid kit.

 

(While Sungmin…)

“I think I need to have a break first, I am sure umma is so upset at me.”

“I know it’s not time to go to a vacation but how about we go to Jeju for the mean time. When everything’s okay then we’ll go back here in Seoul.”

Sungmin nodded in agreement, for the meantime they decided to check in a hotel and decided to book a flight to Jeju tomorrow, he knew they would find him with Ryeowook that’s why he suggested to his best friend not to stay in his home. As his bestfriend slept right away, he can’t help but feel guilyy he knew he hurt Donghae he suddenly remember their conversation 3 days before the wedding.

(flashback)

“I can’t believe, time flies so fast I can’t wait for Friday.”

“Uhm Donghae, speaking of the wedding I was thinking can we like postponed it? I mean like just do it next year?”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, what if we are not yet ready to get married.”

Suddenly Donghae drive to a different direction, as they reach place, Sungmin was surprised seeing a big house.

“Wow this house is so beautiful, why are we here?”

“That’s my surprise for you, I had this for almost two years now, I decided that after we get married we’ll live here. I know that you are my forever Sungmin. I love you.”

“I-I love you too…”

(end of flashback)

“Donghae I am so sorry, Hyuk please take care of him…” Sungmin said as he also drift into his sleep.

 

A/N So a little appearance of Kyuhyun, finally they meet but just brief. Poor Donghae he got a runaway bride. Poor Hyuk still maltreated by Sungmin's mother anyone who want to skin Sungmin's mother alive(in this fic of course) Say "I". Sorry for the chapter and P.S this is not an angst I don;t know but I feel it is slight angst but I am not intending this to be one.