Chapter 2

Game of Love

Eunhyuk had been busy at work, glancing at the clock he was relief when it is lunchtime, he went to his usual eating place, ordering his usual lunch with strawberry milkshake. As he is nibbling his food his phone suddenly ring looking at his caller ID he saw Donghae’s name.

“H-hello?”

“Hyukkie, do you have time to meet me?”

“ It’s just my lunchtime, I’ll be out by 6pm perhaps.”

“Just skip your work and accompany me today.”

“H-huh?”

“Besides isn’t it lonely to eat alone?”

“How did you—“ suddenly who saw Donghae in front of the café waving at him and approaching him.”

“Surprised?” Donghae asked.

“What are you doing here?”

“You see Sungmin is kind of busy today, so I decided to just drop by here, wanna go to the mall?”

“But my shift…”

“Don’t worry I went there before I met you here, you’re boss approved for you to go home early.”

“Oh okay?” Eunhyuk said as kept on eating while Donghae just stared at him.

After he finished his food, he and Donghae went to some mall and drop by some clothing store.

“Uhm Donghae, why are we here?”

“You’re clthes.”

“Huh?”

“I usually noticed you don’t have new clothes, you keep repeating on wearing the same thing and for the wedding I don’t want you to embarrass yourself.”

“But, umma said I am not that important so why should I…”

“Forgot what she told you, and for me you are the prettiest thing I ever seen, don’t be belittled because of her words okay?” Donghae ruffled his hair and turn to grab something for him.

Eunhyuk feels so blessed having Donghae as his friend, he knew he should cherish these times because by tomorrow, he is Sungmin’s forever. His love for him will just be a secret inside his heart.

“Hyukkie…”

“Huh?”

“I know I am kind of foolish to ask, but can you try this white dress?”

“Why?”

“Nothing I just feel like seeing you in a woman’s clothing.”

“Do you do that to my hyung?” he asked him laughing at his friend’s request.

“Trust me, Sungmin love it even without me asking it.”

“Oh okay…” he said as he went to the dressing room and fit the white dress.

As he went outside Donghae smiled seeing Eunhyuk in a dress suddenly he saw a flower wreath and put it on Eunhyuk’s head.

“Donghae?”

“You know what I bet, whoever will marry you is the luckiest guy in the world because they will have a jewel like you.

Eunhyuk blushed at his words, suddenly Donghae took out his phone and took a picture of them together.

“W-what?...”

“Remember back in high school, one of your wish is to be a beautiful bride someday? I hope I was able to grant that wish of yours, now you are a beautiful bride even for a day.”

“You still remember that?”

“Of course, I am your friend; no your best friend remember?” Donghae said with a smile on his face.

 

After some hours Donghae bring Eunhyuk back into their home.

“I bet hyung is already want to go inside?”

“Nah, we’ll see each other tomorrow, it’s our wedding day remember?”

“Yeah…”

“So, wear that suit okay? And you take care say Sungmin I love him.” Donghae said as he gave him a peck on his cheeks.

He held the place where he kissed him and happily entered the room until…

“Is that Donghae? Why is he with you?” it was his stepmother interrogating him.

“He just drop me home that’s it…” Eunhyuk replied walking through his room but he was stopped when she grabbed his arms.

“You better stay away from your brother’s fiancé, I don’t want you involved with him.”

“Umma, what are you—“

“I am sick every time you call me that name, I am not your mother. You know I can never love you, because you remind me of your father’s infidelity. Don’t be like your mother stealing something that does not belong to you.” She said as she pushed him and walk away.

“Hyuk!” it was Sungmin who approached him.

“Hyung I…”

“I heard what happened, I won’t doubt you and Hae. I know umma is always harsh to you. Please Hyuk I want you to come to me so I can comfort you I’m your brother remember.”

“I—I I can’t I am sorry.” Eunhyuk said as he refused Sungmin’s help to stand up and went directly to his room crying again.

He took a picture frame in his cabinet and hugged it tightly.

“Mom I missed you, I wish you’re still here.”

(flashback 9years old Eunhyuk)

“Mom, why is appa not here with us?”

“You see Eunhyuk, appa is in a complicated situation.”

“Complicated?” a young Eunhyuk asked confusedly.

“You’ll understand what I mean when you grow up. Now go to sleep okay?” his mother tucked him and kissed him goodnight.

His mother had always been with him, giving the things he need, enrolling him to a good school, he was so content only one thing his missing a father, he envied some of his classmates that have one, but seeing his mother cried at night, he had concluded it was because of his father so he decided not to ask about it. Until their life changes. It was one of those days when he and his mother are out for a grocery shopping and he got lost, suddenly a man approached him.

“Hey little boy what happened.”

“M-my mom, I—I want my mom…”

“Come here, let’s look for her okay?”

After an hour, he spotted his mother frantically looking for him.

“Mom!”

“Eunhyuk, God! I feel like dying I thought I am going to lose you.” She said as she cries and embraced him tightly.

“Ahjussi here helped me.” He said as her mother and the gentleman are both surprised when they looked at each other.

“M-Minho?”

“Min Young, I…”

“Eunhyuk, come on let’s go.” She said grabbing him away from the man.

“M-mom, stop it hurts...”

“Wait!”

“Is that my son?”

She faced him. “What if he is? What are you going to do take him away from me? Over my dead I’ll never let you.”

“Min Young wait! Please…”

But she ignored him and walked with a crying Eunhyuk.

(at home)

“Is he my father mom?”

“Yes, he is.”

“Why is he not staying here? Did he hate us?”

“No, you see its mom’s decision, so don’t be angry at him.”

“I am not mad at him, I am just upset that the cause of your tears is him.” He said as he hugged his mother.

After a week, as he and his mother is playing in the park he was surprised when he saw his father again.

“Eunhyuk, just stay there okay? I’ll just talk to your father.” Young Eunhyuk just nodded.

“Look Min Young I…”

“No need to explain, I was at fault as well…”

“Please just give me a chance to be a father to him.”

She did not replied but called Eunhyuk.

“Eunhyuk, he’s your father.”

“HI, can I hold you?” Eunhyuk hide behind her, but her mother nodded at him telling him everything is okay with that for the first time he said “Appa!” and hugged him.

His father had stayed with them for almost a month. They had bonded together and anyone would see them would say they are a perfect family, the three of them sleep in the same bed with Eunhyuk between them.

“Goodnight appa, goodnight mom I love you both.”

“Goodnight my monkey princess.” His father told him.

“Goodnight my precious.” His mother told him kissing his forehead.

“Now say goodnight to each other.” Eunhyuk told them.

“Err… goodnight Min Young.”

“Y-you too goodnight.”

“Where’s the goodnight kiss appa?”

“Eunhyuk!” his mother gasped.

“It’s okay…” he suddenly give him a peck on her lips, and the young Eunhyuk can’t help but giggled. He though he would have his happily ever after until…

they were playing together until his mother collapsed, she was brought to the hospital right away.

“What happened to her doctor?”

“You see the patient has a rheumatic heart disease, she seem to have it since birth, and right now her heart valves are already damaged, seems like this is not the first time this happen. I’ll check on the patient please excuse me.”

Eunhyuk was crying, he does not know what to do, good thing his appa is with him.

“Eunhyuk, has this happened before?”

“Yes, but she always told me she is okay, I can’t lose her… I just can’t….

But fate was cruel to Eunhyuk after a week she died. His father decided to took him to his family.

“Why did you bring that ’s son here!”

“Please, he lost his mother and I am the only family he got.”

“I will never accept him and I will never love him!” Eunhyuk can feel he is not wanted by his step-mother. Sungmin tried to befriend him but he distant himself to him. Though he only followed him when she asks him for some errand to be done that involves her son.

 His hell started all he do is cry, even if his father comfort him it was not enough. Now a high school Eunhyuk went back home but was surprised when he saw her stepmother burning some of his things.

“What are you doing!” he said as he at least tried to save some of the things that belonged to his mother.

“Burning some trash! I don’t need them in my house.”

“It’s my room! You shouldn’t have come inside without my permission.” He answered back.

She grabbed his chin. “You forgot one thing, I can do anything I want in my own house so don’t you dare give me orders, be grateful I let you live here.” she said as he walked away, leaving a broken hearted Eunhyuk

(end of flashback)

“Hyuk.” It was his father he hurriedly hid his mother’s photo.

“Did she hurt you again?” He shook his head and wipe his tears.

“Tell me son did I make your life a living hell? Am I a bad father letting you suffer?”

“Appa, never think of that way I should be the one who should apologize, if only we can turn back time I hope you had never found me, perhaps you don’t feel miserable as well.”

“Did you know how much I love your mother?”

“I do, I can see on the day of her funeral how you cried for her.” Eunhyuk said as he held his father’s hand.

“You really have your mother’s quality, her gentleness, kindness you got all her traits.”

“Come on appa, we had a wedding to attend so we better sleep okay goodnight.”

“Can I just sleep beside you.”

“Umma might scold me.”

“It’s okay just let me be beside my monkey princess.”

“Appa, I am 23 years old already and you still call me that name.”

“Because you are my only princess.” He said as he kissed Eunhyuk’s forehead as they got together in dreamland

 

A/N Yeah I named Sungmin and Eunhyuk's father Minho like Lee Minho, and Min Young as Eunhyuk's mother because i am watching City Hunter. I know you hate Sungmin's mother let's just be thankful that Sungmin is not like her. About Kyuhyun well he will appear soon, I just focus this chapter only for Hyukkie ^^ And for those who are curious, Both of the pairing are main couple in this story. Sorry I am dumb at medical terms ><