The Thieves' Identity

The SHINee Heroes (Story On Hold)

“They escaped? How could they have escaped? It was five against nine!” Jae-suk sighed in frustration, pulling his hair in an attempt to control his anger. “I understand the kids not being able to handle it, but for you to screw up Jong-kook... What the hell happened?”

The strongest hero looked down in embarrassment; it was rare for him to get so careless, even rarer for Jae-suk to shout at him with such rage. It secretly really hurt his self esteem. “Hyung I didn’t plan on letting them escape, they just gave me the slip with some fancy gadget. I didn’t think they would be that skilled~”

“Now they will be skilled and powerful because YOU failed to stop them from getting out! How could you let five men give you the slip? This has happened too many times already!” Jae-suk yelled at Jong-kook again, making the hero stutter in guilt.

Haha quickly stood in-between them, trying to calm the situation down. “Jae-suk hyung, we can’t changed what has happened. We just have to cope and deal with it as it comes to us.” Jong-kook sighed as Jae-suk nodded and backed away from him. He could always count on his dongsaeng to help him out.

“Aish... Because of this stupid setback, the whole world could possibly be in grave danger. What do we do?” Kwang-soo looked at Suk-jin, hoping that their oldest member would have some sort of a plan.

“In time, SHINee will improve on their powers and be able to fight properly. We can’t forget that they are the five that possess the combined attack. If we keep training them~”

“HYUNG THERE IS NO TIME TO TRAIN THEM! THEY GOT THE SUBSTANCE AND COULD BE PUTTING THEIR PLAN INTO ACTION AS WE SPEAK!” Jae-suk threw his hands in the air, almost giving up on all his hopes of success.

Ji-hyo finally stepped forward, glaring death stares at her male teammates. “Everyone just shut the hell up! So we made a mistake, but it’s not like the first one we have ever made with these guys! Oppa is right; SHINee is the only group of heroes that can combine their powers, we have to train them to the best that they can possibly be!”

The whole room fell silent as the Running Man members exchanged looks to each other. Although they failed to capture the thieving five yet again, they still had their wild card to play. If only their wild card was fully trained though... Gary snapped his fingers, causing everyone to look at him. “What about the rings? They will help boost their powers as well as control them.”

Jong-kook shook his head, rubbing the bridge of his nose in deep thought. “They haven’t been tested fully yet. We can’t risk the five getting hurt~”

“They are going to be hurt in some form. We all know that being a hero is hard physically and mentally. We can’t mother them all the time oppa.” Ji-hyo crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow in criticism. “Plus how do we know unless we try?”

Haha was lost for words at her sudden sour tone of voice. “But still, putting them at risk when it’s not needed is a little~”

“We don’t have time to train them any other way!” Ji-hyo spat back, making her members to back away from her in fear. Number one rule was to always give a stressed woman some space.

“You are both right, so let’s give SHINee the decision. If they wish to use the rings, we will allow them to do so. If they don’t want to use them, we will leave it as it is.” Suk-jin suggested, getting nods of agreement from everyone.

“If it will help us, then we want to use the rings.” Jonghyun interrupted the meeting and walked into the large research room, followed by the other SHINee members, who awed at the large room’s beauty. “We out there today, and I don’t want that to happen again!”

Key crossed his arms and pouted at his hyungs, the image of the thief laughing at his lack of power was embarrassing. “Not to mention how weak we were, I could hardly manage to perform as well as I did this morning!” Key whined in his natural diva voice.

“We are already aware of your lack of powers showing through. But these rings haven’t been tested yet; you may be risking yourselves by wearing them.” Jong-kook warned the five, but they simply shrugged their shoulders. They wanted to become as powerful as they could, why waste a rare talent like what they had?

“As soon as we found out we had powers, we were at risk. I doubt a fashion accessory will make much difference to it.” Minho smirked, getting a little too cocky at the older heroes.

Jong-kook took a step forward, getting pricked by Minho’s careless comment. “You have no idea what you could be putting yourself in for. Are you not taking this seriously?”

Minho scoffed and eyed the strong muscular man from head to toe. “I was about to say the same thing to you. At least I managed to save my friends instead of letting them walk right past me.”

Jong-kook smirked and rolled his eyes, ready with a knock-out response. “I heard you got kicked in the back by a shorter guy. That doesn’t seem like a very heroic thing to let happen either.”

Minho quickly turned around, giving a death glare to Onew and Taemin, who pointed at each other, trying to pin the blame on somebody else. “Who squealed on me?” Onew urged his finger towards Taemin, who slapped his hand and pointed back to Onew.

Suk-jin coughed and rubbed the back of his neck in guilt. “Never mind about that Minho, back to the matter of the rings; they are untested, but if you want to try them out, we will allow it.”

“I want to try them! I want to improve my powers too hyung!” Taemin pulled away from his play fight with Onew, and started jumping in the air with excitement. Key quickly sent a jab into Taemin’s stomach, making the maknae crouch on the floor in pain.

“Fine, we will start the training with the rings after dinner.” Jae-suk headed for the door, hoping to escape the one question that he wished he didn’t know the answer to.

“Hyung...” Onew’s eyes followed Jae-suk, who stopped in his tracks and sighed, knowing that fate had just kicked him up the . “Who are we fighting against exactly?”


The five thieves walked down the dimly lit halls, people bowed to him as they walked past, but they didn't waste their time to make eye contact or bow back. They weren’t as important as the man that they were about to meet. Two guards stopped them in front of a set of large black double doors. “Show identification, and give a reason for entering please.”

The thieves showed their ID cards and rolled up their sleeves, presenting a tattoo on each of their arms, shaped like a scorpion. “Why do you think we are here you idiot! The boss wanted something, so we brought it to him.” The thief holding the case spat back at the guard, who bowed in apologies and allowed them to enter the room.

The five walked through the doors and into a larger room, lit by lights covered with red glass lampshades, creating an creepy glow around the room. The furniture was gothic black and red, and large abstract paintings hung on the wall. They eventually stopped at a set of small black marble stairs that lead to a single chair, the back of the black leather seat faced them, making them unsure if their boss even noticed their presence. "Ahem..." The leader of the gang cleared his throat, breaking the silence in the room.

"You have what I sent you to retrieve?" The voice behind the chair asked, still facing away from them.

"When have we ever let you down?" The head thief walked up a few of the steps and held the case out for his boss. The chair slowly spun around, revealing a dark haired man with a wicked expression. He gladly took the case and placed it on his lap, clicking it open and smiling evilly at the contents.

"It's a good thing we struck today, any later may have caused a hassle." One of the thieves spoke up, instantly grabbing the man's attention. The rest of the thieves backed away, so that their boss could look at the one that spoke.

"What do you mean by that?" The boss raised an eyebrow, waiting for someone to explain.

The youngest thief spoke up, taking a step forward and rubbing the back of his neck. "We had a few people trying to stop us during the mission."

The boss scoffed and shook his head with little worry. "If those pathetic Running Man heroes think that they could stop me~"

"It was more than them hyung-nim! They had another group of heroes with them." One of the thieves interrupted.

The thief next to him nodded. "The SHINee members appear to also have superpowers, but not very strong it seems. They are still in the training stage."

"But they will get stronger..." The boss reached into the case and pulled out a bottle of glowing liquid. "...And so will we. Once this goes through the testing stage, we will gain powers of our own. I'll teach that grasshopper that no one gets the better of Choi Min-soo and lives to tell the tale!" The thieves smiled as Min-soo placed the glass bottle in the case and locked it, placing it on his desk. "You have done well my thieves. Seungho. G.O. Lee Joon. Cheondung. Mir."

The MBLAQ members took off their masks, and bowed to their boss. "Only for you hyung-nim. What are our orders for now?" Seungho asked, bowing again in respect.

Min-soo flicked his hand towards the door. "Rest for now. You'll need your energy for the training tomorrow."

Lee Joon stretched his arms out, yawning in the process. "Thank god for that, I'm so tired that I could sleep for a week!"

"Well now you can get your beauty sleep. You look like you need it hyung." Mir poked Lee Joon in his side, making him squeak in shock and slap his arm in self defense.

G.O. rolled his eyes and raised his fist towards them, quickly breaking the pair up. "Don't act so childish in front of Min-soo hyung!"

The pair quickly bowed and walked out, followed by the other three. "Do you think the SHINee members will be a bother to us hyung?" Cheondung asked, swinging his arms behind him in boredom.

"After what I saw today, I doubt it. It takes more than fancy powers to be a hero, it takers skill and the right piece of mind. They are from being true heroes." Seungho scoffed as he walked down the hall, confident about the future ahead.


This was a preview originally, but I figured that it was long enough, so the next chapter will be about the rings.