I Got The Power

The SHINee Heroes (Story On Hold)

Minho sighed in frustration as he watched Kim Jong-kook pace around the cells, watching their every move. Ji Suk-jin and Lee Kwang-soo looked at the monitors on the various desks, watching for any weird signs from the SHINee members. “How long do we have to stay in here?” Minho whined as Jong-kook stopped in front of his cell.

“Until we are sure about you guys having superpowers, just wait a little longer!” Jong-kook rolled his eyes and continued pacing around the cells. Every SHINee member but Minho was asleep, the drugs were still in their system from the van trip, but Minho was determined to fight it off and get as much information as he could. Jong-kook stopped in front of Taemin’s cell and sighed in doubt as he looked at the young singer.

“Just how long do you think it will take for us to find out if we have powers?” Minho looked at his monitor and kicked his legs around in annoyance. He was normally quite patient, but being trapped in a small glass cell would be enough to drive anyone crazy.

Kwang-soo looked away from the monitor and set his sight on Minho, who was quickly getting impatient. “We aren’t sure how long it will take. Just wait for a while and we will keep you under surveillance until the results come back.”

“But you forgot about a key factor in your plan. What about the people who saw us get taken away? They will be reporting this to the police!” Minho stood up from the bed and walked around the cell with his arms crossed, confident that he had made a good point.

“Haha and the others took care of that as soon as the van left, why do you think they came back so late?” Suk-jin
commented, still paying attention to the monitor and writing things down. “They wiped the memory of every person who saw the event, and all cameras were taken care of. As far as you’re concerned, everyone thinks you went on a short vacation after the concert.”

Minho froze in surprise; they had really thought this through very well. “What if we don’t have powers, and then what do you plan to do?”

Jong-kook groaned in anger and threw his hands in the air. “This is hopeless! How can we honestly think that these idiots have superpowers like us?”

Minho instantly set a glare onto Jong-kook, shocked at his rude comment. “Excuse me? Who are you calling an idiot?” Minho stood very close to the cell wall, meeting eyes with his hyung who stood on the opposite side, glaring back at him.

Jong-kook scoffed and continued to mock the trapped singer. “Look at you. There’s no way you can be the one we are after. You’re just a bunch of kids. You’re nothing special~”

“Hyung-nim, d-don’t you think you’re going too far? B-Besides the information that the company gave was quite clear, and we should at least try to look for their powers before~” Kwang-soo interrupted his hyung, bowing to Jong-kook as he turned to set his sights on the stuttering hero.

“We’re wasting time! Let’s just throw the small fish back in the sea and go for the bigger catch. We don’t have time to waste!” Jong-kook walked towards Suk-jin, gesturing him to call the operation off. “Just shut down the whole operation hyung.”

Suk-jin looked in shock and annoyance at Jong-kook who had the cheek to order him about. “What about the observation? We were told that they are the ones that we are looking for, so we are keeping them until we know the truth!” Suk-jin slammed his hand on the table in anger, sending a strict look to Jong-kook; it was rare for him to get this mad at anyone.

“Screw it! How can these pathetic weaklings be any use to the world besides looking good and dancing about on stage like a couple of female divas?!” Jong-kook shouted back clenching his fists at his hyung, truly fed up with waiting.

Minho lost his patience with the insults and clenched his fists so tightly, that he started to feel them heating up to great temperatures. “YAH, KIM JONG-KOOK SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU OVER-TONED MUSCLED PAIN IN THE~”

“MINHO HYUNG, LOOK AT YOUR HANDS!” Taemin had stirred awake from all the shouting. The maknae pointed at Minho with wide eyes, panicking at the sight set before his eyes.

Minho looked at Taemin in confusion, raising his eyebrow as Taemin frantically jumped from the bed and pointed at his hands. He was assuming that maybe he had just cut his skin with his fingernails and was bleeding out, but what he saw was almost too much for him to handle. Minho looked at his hands that were ablaze; yes, Minho’s hands were actually on fire! “HOLY CRAPPING HELL, WHAT’S GOING ON?” Minho shook his hands trying to put out the fire, but only made the blaze travel up his arms.

Taemin shrieked in terror, making his hyungs quickly wake up and join in with the panic as Minho ran around and screamed like a little kid. “MINHO HYUNG IS ON FIRE! SOMEONE PUT HIM OUT! MINHO, STOP THE BLAZE!”

Kwang-soo stretched his arm to the wall, pressing the button that unlocked the door to the cells, allowing SHINee to quickly run to Minho’s cell and aid their member. Jong-kook grabbed hold of Kwang-soo’s extended arm and pulled the startled hero to him, staring him right in the eyes. “You pabo, why the hell did you set them free? What if they make a break for it?”

Kwang-soo shook his free hand to calm his hyung down, and pointed at the SHINee members who continued to panic at Minho’s flaming body. “Hyung, just trust me in this one! If Minho got his powers, then it’s possible that the rest have too!”

“That’s very true! Just see what happens before we take action.” Ji Suk-jin walked over to them and nodded, watching the ‘heroes in training’ deal with the situation.

“SOMEONE GET SOME WATER!” Onew ordered, making everyone scatter in the room in search for some water to put Minho’s flaming body out.

Jonghyun looked at Minho and smiled to himself, biting his lip in an attempt to muffle his giggles. “Hey Minho... You really do have flaming charisma!” Everyone turned to look at Jonghyun, rolling their eyes and making comments to themselves. Jonghyun shrugged and continued looking for water. “Just trying to lighten the mood...”

“Minho is on fire and now you choose to be funny?” Key criticised Jonghyun with a sharp tone to his voice.

Taemin found a small bottle of water and ran to Minho, unscrewing the top off it and holding it tightly in his hand. “Minho hyung, I got some, it’s not a lot but~” Taemin ran into the cell and squeezed the bottle, but instead of a small amount of water coming out, a large wave exploded out of the bottle, not only putting Minho’s blazing body out, but also knocking him over as the huge wave attacked him.

“TAEMIN-AH, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST DO?” Minho coughed as he climbed onto his bed, gasping for air.

Taemin looked at his hyung, then at the bottle in confusion. “I-I don’t know. I just threw the water and it kinda multiplied by 100 times...”

Everyone was too distracted by the strange events that only Key managed to notice that the water had leaked out of the cell and was getting closer to live sockets by the second. It didn’t take a genius to realise that water and electricity didn’t mix well. “Yah, get away from the cell; it’s dangerous!” Key pointed at the two band members, who were forced to their feet by a gust of wind and sent towards Key who yelped in surprise as the two fell on top of him.

Immediately after the two were pulled out of the cell, Minho’s monitor exploded due to the overload of power. Jonghyun yelled in shock as the electricity travelled across the room and into his body, allowing him to absorb the power. Jonghyun looked at his hands in confusion; he felt something build inside of him, something that he never felt before. He felt powerful in a strange way. “W-What just happened to me? I just took a huge amount of electricity, and yet I feel fine...”

Suk-jin looked in amazement as SHINee’s powers began to reveal themselves. “I guess Kwang-soo was right for once.”

Kwang-soo smiled and nodded his head at Jong-kook who was baffled at the sight. “I guess it’s not every day that I’m right over Jong-kook hyung. I’ll take that apology now.”

Jong-kook quickly turned around and took a step towards Kwang-soo, making him flinch and hide behind Suk-jin. “Excuse me?  Are you forgetting who can break your neck with a twist of his pinkie finger?”

Kwang-soo bowed and instantly apologised to his hyung. “Forgive me, I was mistaken.”

Onew tried to calm down his band members who were freaking out over the strange events. “Yah, everyone just calm down ok, I know this is a big weird step in our lives but if we just think about it carefully~”

“Are you mad? I just burst into flames, almost drowned thanks to Taemin, got pulled into Key by a strange wind, and you want me to calm down?” Minho stood up and shouted at Onew in confused fear.

Jonghyun rubbed the back of his neck and paced around the large room. “I should be dead right now! What the hell is going on with us? Why are we like this? Are they really expecting us to save the world with our new powers?”

“I almost drowned Minho hyung! How can I act calm after that?” Taemin hugged Minho, begging for his apology. Taemin’s head was spinning in puzzlement, there was only so much that his brain could handle.

“I don’t want to go through with this! I want to go home and live the life we had before!” Key whined and pulled on his hair, almost in tears with the shock.

“I SAID STAY CALM AND SHUT UP!” Onew yelled, stomping his feet as he let his anger out on the band. The ground suddenly began to shake as the floor tiles were broken as large green vines suddenly began to grow out of the floor. Without warning, the vines grew high, wrapping themselves around the eight in the room and lifting them into the air. Onew yelped as he dangled upside down in the air, held tightly by a vine that wrapped itself around his waist.

“Way to go Onew, what a perfect way to stay calm!” Minho criticised his hyung and tried to get his lands to relight, but he was too damp from Taemin’s help that he had no chance.

“Don’t worry guys, I’ll just stretch my way out of this and cut you down.” Kwang-soo confidently said, stretching his waist into a very thin line, but the vines tightened their grip, causing the hero to get stuck and gasp for air in panic. “Jong-kook hyung, break these things before I lose my air supply!”

Jong-kook nodded and grabbed hold of a vine, but before he could even flex to attack the vines, they wrapped themselves tightly around his strong figure. “Aish! Ah I can’t get away from them to even try!”

“What’s going on here?” Ji-hyo walked into the room, staring in amusement as she saw the eight heroes dangling from the overgrown vines.

“Well the good news is SHINee do have superpowers. But the bad news is they can’t control them and now we are stuck.” Suk-jin admitted to the female hero, blushing as she laughed and walked out of the room.

“Hang on I’ll get the weed killer.”