The First Mission

The SHINee Heroes (Story On Hold)

The SHINee five ran into the warehouse, leaving behind Jong-kook, Suk-jin, Gary, and Ji-hyo, who were hiding just in case the young heroes needed help. “Ah, this is really exciting! We are about to fight some real bad guys hyung! Isn’t it cool?” Taemin jumped in excitement as the other four scoped out their surroundings.

The warehouse was very large, and only lit with few lights, which made it difficult to see everything in detail. The building was full of huge structures that held thousands of creates, creating a maze in the large area. Minho looked around frantically as he looked for any signs of movement, hoping to find the criminals before they made an escape. The workers had already fled from the scene, making it easy to see anyone that shouldn’t have been there.

“They couldn’t have made an escape yet. This must be the only way in and out of the building.” Jonghyun decided, rubbing the back of his head in anticipation.

“Agreed, if there was another way in, they would have used that way to keep their entrance secret.” Key nodded and looked around the warehouse. The building was huge, making finding the criminals as hard as looking for a needle in a haystack. “We need to plan this carefully and make sure we stop them.”

“Or if we can’t, at least find out what they took and why.” Minho narrowed his eyes as he looked around, still seeing nothing suspicious.

Jonghyun clenched his fists and started to walk down the left side of the building, entering the labyrinth of crates. “Let’s split up and find them before they make an escape. If you see anything, shout and we will come to you.”

Onew nodded and went to the right side of the building, looking around with caution. “If you see them, use your powers. Don’t be afraid to use what you have. These guys mean business, and so do we.”

Key ran behind Jonghyun, following him closely just in case of any danger that could be lurking. “Stay together and watch everyone’s backs. If they get away the hyungs won’t be too happy with us.”

Minho nodded and sent Taemin with Onew. “I’ll stay here just in case they make it past you four. At least then we can be sure that they don’t make it out without being seen by one of us.”

“Right, let’s not screw this up.” Jonghyun gave the members the thumbs up, before disappearing with Key into the maze.

“Make sure you are actually looking, and not flirting with each other!” Minho teased his hyungs, who scoffed and rolled their eyes, as if they would never do such a thing, which was an obvious lie.


Taemin stayed close to his hyung, taking a good detailed look at his surroundings. “Where do you think they are hiding hyung? You think they’ve found what they were looking for yet?” A wind of uneasiness blew around them; they weren’t sure what could have been worse; having them escape, or losing the fight to them.

“I can’t see into the future Tae. Just stay close and keep an eye out. If they do slip past us, Minho will see them before they escape.” Onew continued to look around, trying to think of what the thieves could be after.

“But what if they’ve already found it and escaped?” Onew stopped in his tracks, turning around to face Taemin. The frightening thing was it was possible. The criminals seemed to worry the Running Man heroes due to their skill, so who was to say that they couldn’t have already found it and took off?

“That’s... a very good point. But we can’t just leave it at that possibility. I’m sure that they are still here. I have a certain uneasiness that tells me so.” Onew turned around again and began to walk. Taemin was young, but he wasn’t stupid. “We can’t see much from down here, what if we climbed on the structures for a better looking point, what you think Tae?” Taemin had suddenly gone quiet compared to his recent chatty state. “Taemin, I said what do you think?” Onew turned around slightly frustrated at his younger friend for ignoring him, but there was just one problem: Taemin was missing.


"We shouldn't even be here Jonghyun! It's dangerous and just... It's crazy!" Key complained looking around the large creates for any signs of movement. It's not like he didn't feel safe around his hyung, because he did very much do, it was the thought of someone getting hurt that they didn't want. It was a basic event in every hero movie: hero gets girl, villain steals girl, and hero has to give in to save the girl. The last thing he wanted was to put someone else in danger.

Jonghyun nodded as he continued to advance forward, he felt the same as Key. "It's not like we can back out though. We were given these powers for a reason. We were brought together as a band for a reason, not just to perform, but to protect. We have to perform the duties we now have as heroes."

Key rubbed the back of his head, still feeling insecure about their situation. "But what if we aren't good enough? What if we mess everything up and ruin~"

Jonghyun spun around, gently placing his hands on Key's shoulders. "Kim Kibum, you listen to me mister. We can and will do this! If they let Kwang-soo hyung be a hero, then I'm sure we can be one too. You trust me right?"

Key smiled and nodded. He trusted Jonghyun with all his heart, they were practically brothers. "I do trust you. I'm just worried about our future. This is just so new to me."

"I'm scared to, but I can assure you that I will not let anything~" Jonghyun was suddenly cut off by someone landing from a great height behind him, and knocking him to the floor with a fierce kick to his back.

Key gasped in shock as he watched Jonghyun struggle with the masked figure, trying to push him off and overpower his attacker. Remembering his power, Key raised his hands and stood firmly. "Get off him or I'll make you!" The figure pinned Jonghyun to the floor and looked at Key with a smirk on his covered face. "You asked for it!" Key pushed his hands towards the man, hoping to force him away with a strong gust of wind, but only embarrassed himself, when a little puff of wind hit the man's face.

"Oh how scary. I'm shaking in my boots." Key turned around just in time to see another figure standing behind him. Before Key could react, the masked thief sent a hard jab into Key's stomach, followed by a kick to send him onto the floor. "And I thought you were going to give us trouble. What a joke!" Key coughed as he tried to get air back into his lungs, but he was in too much shock that it was hard to calm down to do so.


Minho waited at the entrance to the warehouse, pacing around in anticipation for any news of the mysterious thrives’ progress. It was killing him having to wait. "What's taking the guys so long? All they are doing is finding five bloody~"

"MINHO, TAEMIN IS MISSING! HAS ANYONE SEEN HIM? I THINK SOMEONE..." Onew's panicked voice was suddenly cut off, making Minho bite his lip in great worry. What made it worse was the fact that neither Key or Jonghyun replied.

"WHAT'S GOING ON? SOMEONE REPORT IN!" Minho shouted, getting no reply from any of s. He hated to ask for help, but in this circumstance, there was no other choice. Minho ran out of the warehouse, and shouted for assistance from the Running Man members, keeping his eye on the warehouse just in case the thieves tried to run out. "THE THIEVES HAVE ATTACKED! WE NEED HELP BEFORE THEY ESCAPE!"

What seemed after an eternity, Jong-kook, Suk-jin, Gary, and Ji-hyo ran into the warehouse, quickly scoping out the situation as Minho tried to regain his thoughts. The four members being ambushed wasn’t part of the plan. “What happened, where are the others?” Jong-kook asked, slightly flustered at the situation. He expected for the five to get into a tight situation, but he didn’t expect an ambush from the thieves.

Minho shook his head and looked around; he wasn’t sure what to tell him without making him angry, and everyone knew that it was best to stay far away when something got Jong-kook in a huff. “I-I don’t know... I was waiting here just in case they got past the other four, but now the others are in trouble. I just know that Taemin went missing, right before Onew got cut off, and the other two didn’t answer me.”

“Don’t worry Minho. We expected something like this to happen. Jong-kook will take cover here, and we’ll go look for the others.” Ji-hyo decided, turning into her neko form, growing a pair of cat ears and a tail. She jumped up the structures, and ran along them, with Gary following her on the ground.

“We’ll go find the other two, don’t beat yourself up about this kiddo; we knew they would play something like this anyway.” Suk-jin ruffled Minho’s hair and advanced into the maze of crates, heading in the direction of Taemin and Onew. Minho sighed, trying to cheer himself up, but he couldn’t help but think that he was letting them down. Soon Suk-jin had literally disappeared into the maze, leaving Minho to run around alone in a panic. All he was wishing for was that his team was safe.


Taemin furiously kicked about as someone pulled him down a narrow ally of crates, getting further away from Onew by the second. The guy that got him from behind was just about the same height as him, meaning he didn’t have any advantage against him. He was surprisingly strong for such a thin person too. Taemin tried to fight against him or even shout out to his hyungs, but the thief firmly clamped his hand around the maknae’s mouth, preventing him from making any noise at all.

“What is a professional singer like you doing in a place like this? Don’t you have some show to do or something, not try to play hero with the likes of us?” The guy mocked Taemin, who tried to break away in anger. The thief clearly altered his voice to be lower than normal, but it somehow seemed familiar. It was quite soft and friendly, but hard to recognise due to the change of tone.

Not long after Taemin was dragged away, someone else joined them, dragging Onew in the same manor. Onew couldn’t talk due to the taller man who had a tight grip around his mouth, but Taemin saw his hyung clearly sighing in relief when he saw that Taemin was safe. “I thought they had superpowers now, this was too easy. It’s like the Running Man heroes weren’t even trying to keep ‘it’ hidden from us.” The man had a struggle trying to keep Onew under control, as the leader thrashed about trying to pull himself away.

“Don’t you even try it Onew!” The thief quickly took out his weapon of choice, and held it at Taemin’s neck. Onew instantly froze at the sight of the blade, shinning in the dim lights as it pressed against his friend’s neck. “Now just co-operate and stay still while we finish our job, and you will be unharmed ok?” The two thieves pushed Taemin and Onew to the floor, quickly handcuffing their wrists together; so they were connected at the wrists and facing back to back.

“Let’s get out of here hyung!” The smaller thief ran past the older one, suddenly stopping as Minho ran around the corner, his eyes blazing with fury. Minho ran towards the two thieves who ran in the opposite direction, only to bounce back on nothing but air. The two looked confused, until Suk-jin appeared from his invisible state, smiling as the criminals realised that they were stuck.

“Evening lads, I don’t suppose you have a staff pass to be in here do you?” Suk-jin mocked the thieves, who started to back away, only to be getting closer to Minho who was cracking his knuckles. “I’m taking that as a no then. In that case, I’m going to have to take you in for unauthorised access.”

“Like hell you will old man!” The older thief ran towards Suk-jin, who stepped back to dodge the criminal’s attempted punch as his face. The thief didn’t give up and attacked again, this time sending a successful kick into his stomach, forcing the oldest leader to drop to the floor in pain. Before Suk-jin could even get up, the thief had climbed over the crates, and was running towards the entrance.

Minho stood firmly, smirking at his much smaller opponent. “You may be a professional criminal, but there’s no way in hell that you can take me down short . If you give up now, I’ll let you off easier than planned.” Minho was full of confidence; it was literally glowing off him.

The shorter thief rolled his eyes and made a sprint towards Minho. “You think you’re all that Minho, but your mouth does all the action. You’re not that great!” Before Minho could think of an insult back, the shorter thief had ran a few inches up the wall of crates, jumping in mid air and kicking the back of his head. Minho quickly fell to the floor, holding his head in pain, trying to stop the loud thumping in his brain. That was certainly not expected from such a short guy.

“Minho hyung, are you ok?” Taemin watched in shock as the two delinquents ran out of sight, leaving the four heroes temporary defenseless.

“Dude that “short ” completely owned you!” I mean you had no chance fighting like that!” Onew blurted out, totally forgetting the situation he was in with Taemin.

“Oh yeah, and you two certainly showed him your skills didn’t you hyung!” Minho spat back, slowly getting up to help his two bound members to their feet.


“Aish these kids, you’d think that they would be able to handle five simple thieves.” Gary whined, watching as Ji-hyo walked on top of the crates, he black cat tail swaying as she took every step. He slightly smiled to himself as he admired Ji-hyo’s beauty. ‘Man, she’s got a great ...’ Gary thought as he carried on walking on the ground floor, looking for the other missing heroes.

“Gary oppa, I see them ahead!” Ji-hyo quickly ran along the crates, jumping down and disappearing out of Gary's sight. The thieves quickly turned around, revealing Key and Jonghyun, sat down and tied back-to-back. Ji-hyo's black cat ears perked up in shock, looking back to see where Gary was.

"Now that is a heroine that I'm happy to fight!" One of the thieves spoke up, winking at the Neko. Ji-hyo scoffed and rolled her eyes at the man, who took a step towards her. "Come play kitty cat, this will be the highlight of my day!"

"As inviting as that sounds, today is Monday, so I'm taken." Ji-hyo winked back, teasing the theif as he advanced towards her.

"Real cute. You mean that guy over there?" The thief pointed behind her, tricking her into turning her back to the criminals. Ji-hyo quickly worked out that she was being deceived by the fact that Gary wasn't there, and also the sudden cries of warning from Jonghyun and Key. The second thief quickly pulled a large net off a crate and threw it at Ji-hyo, causing her to stumble and fall over, entangling herself in the heavy net.

"Noona! Are you ok?" Key leaned forwards in concern, accidentally tightening the ropes around Jonghyun's body.

"Aish, Key you're hurting me you babo!" Jonghyun whined, causing Key to quickly sit back and allow his hyung to breathe again.

The thieves laughed in triumph, quickly interrupted by Gary who ran to the small area, confused by the scene in front of him. "Ji-hyo, you got caught this easily?" His question was answered by a glare that she sent in response.

"Aish, I can't be bothered with you too!" The younger thief took out a whip, quickly sending it to Gary's knees, and allowing it to tangle around his ankles. Gary smiled, thinking that the criminal missed his target, but was quickly mistaken when the whip was pulled back, forcing the foolish hero to flip backwards, landing heavily on his back. "See ya around." The two men jumped over Gary, and ran towards Jong-kook, leaving the four bewildered at what just happened.

"Kang Gary, why didn't you just make clones to fight? You complete waste of a man!" Ji-hyo shouted, still tangled in the net. She was the kind that hated to lose, and losing to normal humans was just embarrassing!

"If you don't stop complaining, I'm leaving you to free yourself!" Gary spat back, slowing sitting up and rubbing his sore back.


Jong-kook's eyes widened as someone jumped off a structure in front of him, his eyes set on the black briefcase that he single thief was carrying.  There was no doubt about it; what they were trying to hide from the five thieves was most defiantly in that case. "Sorry, but your little robbing job ends here!" Jong-kook folded his arms, watching as the thief stood still, possibly from fear of the strong hero.

Not long after the silent stare-off, the four other thieves appeared, catching the commander off his guard. "Sorry, but finders keepers. We taking this and you can't stop us." The talk thief spoke up as his team gathered behind him. "We getting out here, like it or lump it!"

"My you are!" Jong-kook used all his strength to run towards the group. The head thief just smirked and took a smoke bomb from his pocket, throwing it at his feet to create a shield of smoke. Jong-kook ran through the smoke, only to come out of the other side. The thieves had disappeared. He wasn't sure how, but the fact was plain and cruel. The one mission that could stop chaos from breaking loose, and they messed it up. "Ah ..."